shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori setting!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
rockhound,

EXCELLENT point about the hollowed out setting. I didn't even think of that. JA does have a couple Danhovs I might check out! My only concern with the Tacori and cathedrals in general is that they will just sit too high and I'll hit them on things. But I haven't been super attracted to the low flying rings either..

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
diamondhelp,

GREAT idea! I am in Seattle so definitely have options. I'll go to the Tacori site and see who the dealers are. The place I went yesterday is a super well respected jeweler in town though, so I feel comfortable there as far as diamond buying and kinda want to keep my setting and diamond from the same place!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Weird, diamondhelp, I posted a response to you and it didn't show up.

Anyway, I might shop around Tacori dealers. We did go to a highly respected local place though, and I'm kinda of looking for somewhere that I can trust the diamond purchase. I haven't totally settled on this setting, but it's good to hear generally decent reports of Tacori settings, if a little expensive.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if I understand what is meant by "hollowed out" but my rings are NOT hollow except under the sidestones which allows for cleaning. As a general rule, you want some hollowness unders stones so you can clean them easily.

I have the Tacori 2510 and my husband has a Tacori as well: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yellow-gold-tacori-wedding-bands.196384/

My understanding of Tacori pricing is that every authorized Tacori dealer will have the same pricing - if the Tacori is discounted, it's coming at the cost of the jeweller (e.g. going out of business). Being in Canada, we were able to get a "deal" that Tacori put on for a limited time, we were able to get USA pricing.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I had a Tacori setting at one point and currently have a Tacori inspired setting. I do love my setting now because I was able to make modifications to it that got the little details to what I wanted exactly (like engraving). I do think the basket work on the Tacori setting was a bit better. I didn't have any problems with the height though!

I don't think I saw anyone else mention this yet but being from Seattle have you checked out greenlake jewelry? They have some nice filigree work and antique styling too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
seems like youre very into the tacori idea, so I don't wanna talk you out of it, but sense I know you said Seattle was important, and you liked a mix of modern and vintage, I saw this on the sholdt website and thought of you

http://sholdtdesign.com/sholdt-ring/r444-1d/

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Panda,

I love Greenlake jewelry! We do have an appointment there to look at some of their custom options! We are headed to the Tacori place today to look at more. I am trying to be as smart/discerning about this as I can!

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
Thanks Niel!

I did check out their site and we live super close by so we are going to check that out too! Thanks for the recommendation!

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
I have a Tacori setting and I absolutely love it! Yes, it was expensive, but like another poster stated, it looks amazing from all angles and the craftsmanship is incredible. I see it as a piece of art on my finger. My setting is also very high. I know others have had issues with this, but I can honestly say I have never had any problems and I wear mine 24/7. If you really love it then I think it is worth it.

_25377.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree that you should try on as many styles of settings as possible. I was super obsessed with a specific Tacori setting, but changed my mind once I saw it with a stone the size I would have -- I hated it, but sooooo glad I got to see it first because it would have been a $7800 mistake! :-o I like Tacori. I think it's overpriced for what it is, UNLESS it's one of those type settings that only Tacori does well (there are several I feel this way about)... however, the one you like is not one of them, IMO. I don't want to talk you out of Tacori, but I really feel you'll have much better piece of mind if you try on as many settings in as many styles as you can... regardless of what you end up with in the end. :)) Good luck to you! :wavey:

Regarding the high settings... I love 'em, I can't help it! (and it makes the diamond look larger, so...) LOL ;))

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
LoubieLove|1419109057|3804903 said:
I have a Tacori setting and I absolutely love it! Yes, it was expensive, but like another poster stated, it looks amazing from all angles and the craftsmanship is incredible. I see it as a piece of art on my finger. My setting is also very high. I know others have had issues with this, but I can honestly say I have never had any problems and I wear mine 24/7. If you really love it then I think it is worth it.

Thanks so much for your reply! I too view this as a piece of art on my finger. Tacori has so many beautiful pieces! yours is gorgeous! Which one is it?

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
msop04|1419109151|3804905 said:
I totally agree that you should try on as many styles of settings as possible. I was super obsessed with a specific Tacori setting, but changed my mind once I saw it with a stone the size I would have -- I hated it, but sooooo glad I got to see it first because it would have been a $7800 mistake! :-o I like Tacori. I think it's overpriced for what it is, UNLESS it's one of those type settings that only Tacori does well (there are several I feel this way about)... however, the one you like is not one of them, IMO. I don't want to talk you out of Tacori, but I really feel you'll have much better piece of mind if you try on as many settings in as many styles as you can... regardless of what you end up with in the end. :)) Good luck to you! :wavey:

Regarding the high settings... I love 'em, I can't help it! (and it makes the diamond look larger, so...) LOL ;))

I totally appreciate your input! Luckily, the place we went had 1 carat round CZs set in the settings, so at the very least I could see the size I was going for and the likely shape. I have 2 settings on hold to think for a few days. This is the other one: http://www.tacori.com/engagement/rings/58-2rd65.html.. I could certainly go through a custom process but at this point I'm not sure I could handle it. Too many choices, and the finality of having the custom piece created would grate on my high strung self.

As far as settings, I'd rather I'd tried on...I don't know...maybe 40? 30? I'm not sure what a good # is!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindsayd|1419134755|3805109 said:

I totally appreciate your input! Luckily, the place we went had 1 carat round CZs set in the settings, so at the very least I could see the size I was going for and the likely shape. I have 2 settings on hold to think for a few days. This is the other one: http://www.tacori.com/engagement/rings/58-2rd65.html..... I could certainly go through a custom process but at this point I'm not sure I could handle it. Too many choices, and the finality of having the custom piece created would grate on my high strung self.

As far as settings, I'd rather I'd tried on...I don't know...maybe 40? 30? I'm not sure what a good # is!

I'm embarrassed to say... I've tried on at least 100 settings. :oops: :wacko: I spent hours at a time at Diamonds Direct trying on settings for over a year (and this was after going to what seems like a thousand privately owned jewelers and trying on pretty much everything they had). 8) :halo:

I'm really high strung as well and completely indecisive, but I ended up going custom anyway. I literally had nightmares about it coming back looking terrible! HA! Thankfully, it turned out nice, but I don't recommend going custom to OCD/high strung people AT. ALL. :shock: :lol: (unless it's a design that's been done a million times and your just "tweaking it" a bit -- but that's really not "custom" to me)

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
msop04|1419136404|3805113 said:
lindsayd|1419134755|3805109 said:

I totally appreciate your input! Luckily, the place we went had 1 carat round CZs set in the settings, so at the very least I could see the size I was going for and the likely shape. I have 2 settings on hold to think for a few days. This is the other one: http://www.tacori.com/engagement/rings/58-2rd65.html...... I could certainly go through a custom process but at this point I'm not sure I could handle it. Too many choices, and the finality of having the custom piece created would grate on my high strung self.

I'm embarrassed to say... I've tried on at least 100 settings. :oops: :wacko: I spent hours at a time at Diamonds Direct trying on settings for over a year (and this was after going to what seems like a thousand privately owned jewelers and trying on pretty much everything they had). 8) :halo:

I'm really high strung as well and completely indecisive, but I ended up going custom anyway. I literally had nightmares about it coming back looking terrible! HA! Thankfully, it turned out nice, but I don't recommend going custom to OCD/high strung people AT. ALL. :shock: :lol: (unless it's a design that's been done a million times and your just "tweaking it" a bit -- but that's really not "custom" to me)

Ugh, thank you for the input! The custom process sounds really cool, but I feel like that multiplies your options by 10,000 and I'd have a heart attack. Actually, we were just discussing going to the custom place for the wedding ring if I go with this "simpler" engagement ring. Mainly because a lot of the matching wedding bands for Tacori are really expensive.

LoubieLove

Rough_Rock
lindsayd|1419134630|3805108 said:

Thanks so much for your reply! I too view this as a piece of art on my finger. Tacori has so many beautiful pieces! yours is gorgeous! Which one is it?

Thank you! Mine is the 2547. I love it because there is a small bloom underneath the center stone that gives the diamond a little oomph. It isn't a halo (although it looks like it in the stock pic). My center stone is a 1.58 carat and it's about 7.6mm. The bloom will be more or less visible depending on the size of the center stone.

http://www.tacori.com/engagement/ht2547rd7.html

_25408.jpg

lindsayd

Rough_Rock
LoubieLove|1419179904|3805291 said:
lindsayd|1419134630|3805108 said:

Thank you! Mine is the 2547. I love it because there is a small bloom underneath the center stone that gives the diamond a little oomph. It isn't a halo (although it looks like it in the stock pic). My center stone is a 1.58 carat and it's about 7.6mm. The bloom will be more or less visible depending on the size of the center stone.

http://www.tacori.com/engagement/ht2547rd7.html

LOVE IT! That is gorgeous!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Diamondhelp123,

I'm wondering how the discounted price affected your warranty. I've heard that if you did get a Tacori at a discount, or purchased a sample at a lower cost, the Tacori warranty becomes null and void. Of course saving on the setting does help things quite a bit should future work be needed, but still wondering. Would love your feedback on this.

Thank you so much!
SparklySoprano

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results