shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies...Please help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I like all the settings... really depends on what your gurl likes.

Things to add: I have a 3 stone ring with the center stone (1.25ct) larger and set higher than the sidestones (.25 ct ea). I feel like I get a mix between a 3 stone and a solitiare because the sidestones are relative small compare to the center stone and not taking away from it and yet it still have 3 stones. pic of my ering

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
My personal opinion...

#1 elegant...

#2+#3 a little too much i could see #2 being a little uncomfortable to wear with the extra width of ring required to set the diamonds.

#4 looks gaudy, like a stage ring... OTT really... but then i''m more for simple classic elegance... but your girl may love it.

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
#2 It looks like a Whiteflash setting that someone else had designed a few weeks ago

allan creates

Rough_Rock
Too busy is what is meant. Sort of like a Faberge egg but there is no place to work so you get that cramped little do dads. The guy was trying to do too much in a cramped place and you can see the struggle he had to get his tools in there (You can see that there is no precision to the job because he didn’t have enough place to work) and he covered it up with millgrain edges (that is the little .....) to the center band that holds the center claws.

Allan Creates
http://www.ringlock.com
P.F.F. Ring Clasps

allan creates

Rough_Rock
Another thing that the untrained eye doesn’t pick up is that something that
May look attractive in the showcase is not always what it may appear.

In this case you should take note that the drill holes that are in the belt that holds the center prongs that hold an important stone in this case a diamond
In which the little diamonds are set that make all of you excited about.

Take note that the metal is only as strong as the weakest point and a ring goes through a lot of stress on a daily basis. One good knock and the little belt would crack and if you didn’t notice it and if the center diamond didn’t fall out you may be just one more knock from that happening.

I have always made rings as if they were for me with my money invested in them. If it were my money in a diamond I want it solid and knock proof.

Allan Creates
P.F.F. Ring Clasps

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Mara's rings are beautiful. She has the engagement ring and wedding band that go together. I believe they were custom made by Whiteflash but I am not sure. I think hers are the perfect combination of elegance and style without going over the top with too much of a good thing.

Perhaps someone could post her set here. I do not know how to do it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2005 9:29:28 AM
Author: allan creates
Too busy is what is meant.
You can see that there is no precision to the job because he didn’t have enough place to work and he covered it up with millgrain edges
Pave everywhere seems to be all the rage... even on prongs id feasible, so perhaps this is just a matter os taste. That the tiny dots do not appear precisely positioned at 10x, well, maybe.

I am not sure I understand the comment on weak spots. I can''t figure out from the phot how thick the WF band is and how close get the ajures to the head. Or was it about the detail marked below ?
38.gif

WeakSpotPotential.JPG

allan creates

Rough_Rock
I’m talking about the diamonds set in the donut just below the big stone. That donut had to be drilled out to take the stones and that is what weakens the piece, it should remain as strong as possible as there is a large diamond depending on it.

Allan Creates
P.F.F. Ring Clasps

pajj

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your input. This whole process of picking a setting is mind boggling! I really want to surprise my girlfriend and don''t want to get her something that she doesn''t like...but says she does just because it''s from me. I spoke with my jeweler today and we decided to just make a solitaire setting up so that I can propose. Then, SHE can pick out what setting she likes. I really wanted to give her a finished ring the first time but, like I said, she must be truly happy with the ring.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Pajj, excellent decision -- a lot of other guys do the same thing. Best of luck and let us know how everything turns out!

michela002

Shiny_Rock
NUMBER FOUR! NUMBER FOUR! ITS BEAUTIFUL!

I love pave and I love basket settings so there''s no question for me. I like how it''s less busy than the others. But I also think with a 1.5+ carat diamond you don''t really need side stones it will make such a statement by itself.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
You already made your descision...I was going to vote for slammie''s ring, the one with the pave encircling the stone. That one is just gorgeous.

However your decision to let her choose the setting is best, especially when you are not sure. Good luck to you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2005 4
6.gif
7:36 PM
Author: pajj
Thanks to all for your input. This whole process of picking a setting is mind boggling! I really want to surprise my girlfriend and don''t want to get her something that she doesn''t like...but says she does just because it''s from me. I spoke with my jeweler today and we decided to just make a solitaire setting up so that I can propose. Then, SHE can pick out what setting she likes. I really wanted to give her a finished ring the first time but, like I said, she must be truly happy with the ring.
i think that is your best bet...then she can choose her dream setting. good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results