carat
color
clarity

Cartier trinity ring......?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's worth it to you then it is.
If it's not worth it to you then it is not.
People vary.

Did you think a single answer to such a question would apply to everyone?

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
sorry im having trouble uploading pictures, its just saying "problem uploading".. does anyone know the criteria of the size, file name, etc that the picture needs?

thx!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondgirl5k|1334537551|3171951 said:
Hi everyone, I have an update...........!!

I got the large trinity ring!!

I went to the store today to look at the ring in person, and when I tried it on (the classic), it just looked a bit small on my finger.. probably because I have chubby fingers.. so I decided to go with the large one, and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

I also got the tiny trinity bracelet with the black silk bracelet..

pics to come! thanks everyone for your responses..

Look forward to pics--I love my Cartier Trinity! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! That's awesome you went for it! :appl: :appl: :appl:
And even better--- you have a bonus bracelet! I live both pieces. They are going to be special treasures you'll enjoy for a very long time :appl:

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Welcome to the club, it's lovely on you hand :)

I started with a XL Trinity and the pendant and then expanded my collection with the large earrings...and am now thinking of a bracelet like the one you got. It's a never ending story ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well....yum!

That bracelet is cooler than I thought.... :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I know this thread is from a year ago but I didn't want to start an entirely new one. I have wanted the Trinity ring (extra small) for about a year now. I planned to buy it in Las Vegas last year but I got intimidated and didn't even walk in. I just got back from a Caribbean cruise and one of our stops was the Cayman Islands. While walking about, I saw a Cartier boutique and thought "what the heck" and walked in, and there it was, right in front and the sample size was a 6.5 (mine!) I tried on the white gold and black enamel one as well, but they don't have that in the smaller width, which I prefer. So... I pulled the trigger and bought the extra small original Trinity and LOVE it!!! I'm so happy I got it. Plus, it was duty-free since I bought in the Cayman Islands so while list price here in the States was $925, I got it for $832. You're allowed to bring in up to $800 duty-free through Customs, but because it was only $32 over, they waived the extra charges (it wouldn't have been much anyway) so I feel I got a great, authentic Cartier piece for a *cheap* price.

I plan to wear it alone as a wedding band to work (need something low-profile), but luckily my right and left ring fingers are the same size so I can wear it as a RHR when I do have my set on. I've only had it for a week but it's already bringing me tons of joy. If anyone is thinking of one but is undecided, PULL THE TRIGGER!

My camera's on the fritz but here's a cell phone shot or two:

trinity2.jpg
trinity1.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like this ring ladies. Here's mine with my cathedral set 1.3 diamond :) love playing with the ring. Stress reliever...

_5366.jpg

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I had NO interest whatsoever in something like this until I started reading these rolling ring threads. I can totally see myself playing with the bands constantly since I "worry" the rose gold spacer and whatever ering I'm wearing all the time. Decisions, decisions, though. OakGem has the narrowest one and the next width up in my size for a little over 600 and a little over 800, respectively. There are several one size smaller or slightly larger on ebay, but prices are all over the map and nothing in my size is a bargain.

eweddingrings and rollingrings both have options that are reasonably priced new, as does Blue Nile.

PS is not good for the bank account, for sure.

liz

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA|1365796347|3425707 said:
I had NO interest whatsoever in something like this until I started reading these rolling ring threads. I can totally see myself playing with the bands constantly since I "worry" the rose gold spacer and whatever ering I'm wearing all the time. Decisions, decisions, though. OakGem has the narrowest one and the next width up in my size for a little over 600 and a little over 800, respectively. There are several one size smaller or slightly larger on ebay, but prices are all over the map and nothing in my size is a bargain.

eweddingrings and rollingrings both have options that are reasonably priced new, as does Blue Nile.

PS is not good for the bank account, for sure.

liz

Oh yeah, I didn't even have any clue they existed, and certainly didn't think I would own one until someone (sorry I can't remember who!) posted that they were surprisingly affordable for the plain bands. It was only about $200 more for the Cartier version compared to the other versions I looked at.

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Another trinity lover here. I have had mine (XS, about 1.5mm wide) for several months now and it's certainly not as pristine as the day I first put it on, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's a beautiful band, and I too have PS to curse/thank for introducing me to the trinity!

image-2389728597.jpg

image-1464562385.jpg

globalmujer

Rough_Rock
I love this trinity thead!
Want one now.... :cheeky:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh kamom, I like your combination very much! Maybe ill try my diamond band with my trinity and e ring engagement...very pretty!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh kamom, I like your combination very much! Maybe ill try my diamond band with my trinity and e ring...very pretty!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really thought I wanted one so I bought a very inexpensive one to wear for a few days to see what I thought. I love the ring but not on me. Glad I didn't buy the expensive one!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Niel, love your set too!! I may just have to set my stone in a thinner setting so I can be more comfortable with my swollen fingers. Loving this thread! :) how my mom would've loved that her 40 year old wedding band is making a comeback :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek|1365815499|3425907 said:
Yay, Niel, love your set too!! I may just have to set my stone in a thinner setting so I can be more comfortable with my swollen fingers. Loving this thread! :) how my mom would've loved that her 40 year old wedding band is making a comeback :)

Oh an excuse to get a fab new setting? I think thats a great idea :Up_to_something:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your way of thinking Niel :) I do have a 25th anniversary coming up hmmm....

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Loving these rings ladies :lickout: This is at the top of the list for my August anniversary present. I may also get the black cord bracelet :naughty:

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Sandeek|1365814716|3425903 said:
Oh kamom, I like your combination very much! Maybe ill try my diamond band with my trinity and e ring...very pretty!

I agree, ksmom, that first combo especially is STUNNNNNING!

lonixo

Rough_Rock
i love how the x small looks stacked with other bands! top of my wishlist now!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
KSMOM, I just love your set, it is gorgeous! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1365791083|3425640 said:
I know this thread is from a year ago but I didn't want to start an entirely new one. I have wanted the Trinity ring (extra small) for about a year now. I planned to buy it in Las Vegas last year but I got intimidated and didn't even walk in. I just got back from a Caribbean cruise and one of our stops was the Cayman Islands. While walking about, I saw a Cartier boutique and thought "what the heck" and walked in, and there it was, right in front and the sample size was a 6.5 (mine!) I tried on the white gold and black enamel one as well, but they don't have that in the smaller width, which I prefer. So... I pulled the trigger and bought the extra small original Trinity and LOVE it!!! I'm so happy I got it. Plus, it was duty-free since I bought in the Cayman Islands so while list price here in the States was $925, I got it for $832. You're allowed to bring in up to $800 duty-free through Customs, but because it was only $32 over, they waived the extra charges (it wouldn't have been much anyway) so I feel I got a great, authentic Cartier piece for a *cheap* price.

I plan to wear it alone as a wedding band to work (need something low-profile), but luckily my right and left ring fingers are the same size so I can wear it as a RHR when I do have my set on. I've only had it for a week but it's already bringing me tons of joy. If anyone is thinking of one but is undecided, PULL THE TRIGGER!

trinity2.jpg
trinity1.jpg

Okay, this is confusing to me, because yours cannot be the same as Logan's extra small 1.5mm bands. This one definitely is wider. So I am wondering if they have changed the measurements on the bands! I really like this size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksmom|1365808848|3425848 said:
Another trinity lover here. I have had mine (XS, about 1.5mm wide) for several months now and it's certainly not as pristine as the day I first put it on, but it doesn't bother me that much. It's a beautiful band, and I too have PS to curse/thank for introducing me to the trinity!

I adore all your rings (and other jewelry)! I know I have told you that before, but it is worth repeating! :love: Love the french cut band with the e-ring!

lunemo

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1365858111|3426142 said:

trinity2.jpg
trinity1.jpg

Okay, this is confusing to me, because yours cannot be the same as Logan's extra small 1.5mm bands. This one definitely is wider. So I am wondering if they have changed the measurements on the bands! I really like this size.

I have the small (2.9mm) trinity ring and when I asked my Cartier SA about the thinner version, she referred to that as the XXS (1.5mm). I tried it on and it looked too thin to be worn alone (which is what I intended to do) and decided to stick with the small. I don't think there is a XS size?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
lunemo|1365861857|3426167 said:
diamondseeker2006|1365858111|3426142 said:

trinity2.jpg
trinity1.jpg

I have the small (2.9mm) trinity ring and when I asked my Cartier SA about the thinner version, she referred to that as the XXS (1.5mm). I tried it on and it looked too thin to be worn alone (which is what I intended to do) and decided to stick with the small. I don't think there is a XS size?

Yeah you're right, mine is not the same size as ksmom, but it was referred to as the "extra small" at the store. Trying to research now...

ETA: ok based on the Cartier website, my ring I think is the first one called "3 gold" with the 2.9mm bands for $1,050 plus tax. If that's true then I got an ever better deal buying abroad.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the Trinity ring, it's such an iconic piece!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results