shape
carat
color
clarity

Low-key anniversary ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
My bfs and my one-year anniversary is sneaking up, and I''d like to do something really nice for him. On the other hand, neither of us is ovverly romantic, so anything over the top would just embarrass us both. BUT, we regularly have nights with candles, wine, and bubble baths, so I want to do something a little more.

I never really celebrated anniversaries with my ex, so not only do I have no clue, but I''m stumped for ideas.

I''m considering taking the time to ask him to move in with me. We''ve discussed the idea, briefly, but I know I''ve come across as not really wanting to. I''ve thought it over a lot and decided I''d like to take that plunge.

That''s all I have running through my head. Any ideas? He''s so good to me; I really want him to know how much I appreciate having him around.

Thanks so much!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Are you a good cook? Cook him a nice dinner? Bake him a cake or cookies? Men always love food.
2.gif
That''s one thought. I need ideas too as it''s our 1 year wedding anniversary in August!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh! Congrats! Didja put some cake in the freezer? I had no idea that was a custom until one of my friend''s wedding, and people kept telling her to put some cake in her freezer. All I could think was o__O...for a YEAR?

I''m a fairly good cook. He likes the chicken cordon bleu I make, so maybe I should do that with some fancy dessert or something. That''s a thought.

You could go to a cute bed and breakfast for a night or two. You could go get a massage together. You could have a fancy picnic! That''s all I can pull out of my brain right now.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Congrats on your 1 year anniversary with your bf too!

No, we didn''t freeze our cake. I never understood what the point of that was. My cake would definitely not taste good after being frozen for a year. The bakery we bought our wedding cake from is nearby. We could just go buy a small cake for our anniversary if we wanted to.

Thanks for the ideas. We haven''t started planning anything yet. The first year has seriously flown by!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Well moving in question would make it memorable if you are sure thats what you want to do! Cooking is a good idea, I agree.

Regarding the cake. I still remember our first wedding anniversary (11 years ago!) and my husband and I had save the top layer of our cake in the freezer. It took up so much valuable space but my husband is really sentimental so it was a must for him more than me.

Anyway we were looking forward to it. Got some nice wine and broke into the cake. It was AWFUL!!!! It was so amazing on our wedding day and it did NOT save well at all. I always warn people now to not be disspointed. I have since decided its a silly tradition after hearing other friends have the same experience!

Anyhow, happy one year of dating :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you want to move in together and you''ve been the one not wanting to, why not wrap up a key to your place in a fancy box, or box inside a box inside a box...and present it to him over a nice dinner or a picnic or something like that?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Reluctant to make recommendations...and even sharing a few of the same questions...I''ll share a few thoughts...

- We''re coming up on 18 years...and your thread prompted me now to think about how to celebrate it. I had been focused on gifts. I''ve gotten 2, and am seeking a third.

- I was a shy-ish type growing up...though I had several relationships...I''d never "moved in" with anyone, though frequently spent weekends & more with my now wife. I did once ask her to move in with me...she called her mom...and turned me down.

- gift #1 is a statue I just found...lovely...at a store exclusively featuring fair trade offerings. I also got a card there, which is likely gift #2. For #3, I''ve thought about jewelery (though she has so much from me). Something maybe 18 ", 18 carats...not sure yet.

Warm regards,

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aloros, sorry, I saw your thread a few days ago and hope your anny isn''t over yet, but wanted to add my two cents or at least ask you: where did you two meet? Do you have a special place you usually go to eat, or have ice cream, etc? Is there something you had in common that brought you two together? If so on any of those topics I would make it a theme night where you incorporate something special you both share into a date, and give him a small gift that corresponds. I.E. my DH and I met downtown/Chicago, so hypothetically I might rent a room downtown in a hotel he''s mentioned that he likes, then visit the restuarant he most loves, and give him a small token of my affection such as a Tiffany golf tee because he loves to golf. (And I''m thinking of before we were married and what I was able to spend then...) But you see what I mean? He may have some grand plan in mind for you, though...so I wouldn''t overthink it but keep it simple in case he has his own plan so you can easily adapt. In fact I think I would just go with a gift and maybe keep it simple by just giving him a small gift that says "I love you and want to make you happy," LOL! Sorry for being all long-winded, Happy Anniversary to you and your BF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results