shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bfready

Rough_Rock
For my GF''s birthday I told her we go away for a couple nights to this b&b a couple hours from here. A friend gave her the website of another place that looks even nicer, so I said we could go there. Nicer means more $$$, so we''re only going one night - this Sunday. Check in is at 3:00. Dinner reservations at 7:00. Sometime before then the Mark Morrell Flame ring (which I''m picking up this afternoon) will find its way onto her finger. Any suggestions on the delivery? I thought I''d get a chance to plan this out more, but we both decided going this weekend would be best, so the clock is ticking.

Sponsored By:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where''s the B&B? What sort of activities are in the area? Would she like a public or a private proposal?

bfready

Rough_Rock
The place is called Landoll''s Mohican Castle - not far from Ohio''s Amish country. It''s not the b&b I had suggested (and started to plan for) but they''re closer and had more availability. This place is more like a little resort in the middle of nature. Hiking trails, etc. I wouldn''t be too comfortable doing something public, and I really don''t think she would be either.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about calling ahead to the B&B and set things up so they say your room isn''t ready. Then when you guys get there and hear that you can suggest going for a walk/hike while the room is readied. While you''re out you can find somewhere that moves you and have a sweet, romantic, and private proposal. You could ask the inn keeper to set up the room with flowers and champagne for when you get back to celebrate.

pelicano

Rough_Rock
All the luck!

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Oooh! That place sounds nice. Ideal for a private proposal. You may not need a specific advanced plan of where to propose. You probably want to propose "early", that is Friday afternoon or Saturday morning so as to maximize the time you have in the "glow". It''ll kill you to be waiting too and trying to act natural. Since there''s still daylight when you check in, how about suggesting a nice walk on the grounds to "enjoy the peace and quiet, beauty" whatever. Have the ring in your pocket (probably the safest place, both from getting lost and from her stumbling upon it. Then you can stroll and sit and whenever the moment/location seems best you can propose. Then she has a little time to recover her composure before dinner and she can sit and oogle you and her ring at dinner (and for the rest of the weekend). If you have a chance to call ahead or to get away from her for a couple of minutes at check-in you could ask the B & B staff for a suggestion of which way to walk or whatever, but it''s probably not too necessary. What you definitely can have them do is to have some flowers and or champagne in the room for AFTER your walk. They will likely be very helpful. If you want to personalize the proposal more, you can have something written or borrow a famous poem or make a little photo album to "reminisce" to help create the mood for the proposal.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? I would play it by ear. You''ll be more relaxed and when the time presents itself you''ll know it. Most girls don''t need a big elaborate scheme, just a heartfelt proposal. And I agree it should be private.

GOOD LUCK and we want hand pics of that gorgeous ring when you get back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results