shape
carat
color
clarity

I had family on that Princess Cruise ship that tilted

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if you all heard of the Princess Cruise ship (Crown Princess) that tilted 30 degrees to one side this past Tuesday off the coast of FL. I had 9 family members on board and thank God they are all ok. They all are pretty banged up with scrapes and bruises since everyone was being tossed to one side. They said the tilt wasn''t gradual but a sudden drop to one side. The youngest injured in my family is 3 yrs old but they will have his dr. check him out when they get back to NY (dr. on ship looked at him but since he has a head bump they want to be sure).

I was so very nervous seeing this braking news and knowing they were aboard. I am also very nervous now since I am due to go on a cruise in 6 wks.

I am not sure if any of you had family or friends on this ship and if you did, I hope they are all ok!!!!

Something like this just makes you remember that you shouldn''t take anything for granted because life is very unpredictable.

Annette

genette

Shiny_Rock
Aside from their injuries, I''m glad to hear they''re okay. You just can''t predict these type of things. With all the things that are going on in the world we should really be thankful for who we have in our lives because you just never know what each day can bring. As for your trip I''m sure you''ll be okay just say a prayer and think positively and you''ll be fine.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear they weren''t hurt too badly. I did hear about this (did they say how this happened??). Interestingly enough 2 days ago DH said to me, "Would you want to go on a cruise?"
23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard about it too. I''m glad everyone in your family is ok.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry about your relatives/injuries--they must have been shaken by the events. One of those freaky events.....

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank god your family members are ok. I saw it on the news and passengers said there was no warning what so ever. Tables, chairs and people went flying. Some were hurt pretty bad, but most were cuts and bruises. They said it was a steering problem?? How scary!!!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear everyone''s ok. I''m on cruisecritic.com and they do pretty frequent updates since they have members that were actually on that ship when the accident happened. Think you guys are diamond freaks? Those people, right after the accident, immediately go to the internet room to post a report on what happened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry your family was on board and I''m glad they''re ok!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
My son''s godparents (our best friends) were on a ship that tilted 26% and she was so terrified. This was in Feb 2006. I think it was a princess too...out of Galveston TX on a Mexican cruise. (carribbean).

I''m going on a 3 night baja cruise in december with my girlfriends. I''m scared now! Bringing my dive gear & wearing my lifevest the whole trip fer shure!

Jeannine

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2006 7:39:13 AM
Author:atroop711
Not sure if you all heard of the Princess Cruise ship (Crown Princess) that tilted 30 degrees to one side this past Tuesday off the coast of FL. I had 9 family members on board and thank God they are all ok. They all are pretty banged up with scrapes and bruises since everyone was being tossed to one side. They said the tilt wasn''t gradual but a sudden drop to one side. The youngest injured in my family is 3 yrs old but they will have his dr. check him out when they get back to NY (dr. on ship looked at him but since he has a head bump they want to be sure).

I was so very nervous seeing this braking news and knowing they were aboard. I am also very nervous now since I am due to go on a cruise in 6 wks.

I am not sure if any of you had family or friends on this ship and if you did, I hope they are all ok!!!!

Something like this just makes you remember that you shouldn''t take anything for granted because life is very unpredictable.

Annette
I have a friend whose boss'' family was on the boat - they''re fine... but at one point were hanging off of the railing... one of the kids was stuck in an elevator. How freaky!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your nice sentiments..I am so happy that my family members are all ok. I am just praying now for the little girl and woman who are both in critical condition.

Annette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results