shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgraders and re-setters -- how are you doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''ll listen to you gals'' advice and not upgrade the RHR. Thanks for all the compliments!! I will, however, continue watering the ering seed.
11.gif
Wish me luck!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this qualifies... but I''ve decided that I don''t really need a rhr if I move my wedding rings to the right for the new ring... but to scratch that round itch I''ve decided that someday I''ll buy myself a round pendant so that I can have my discoball on my left finger :D

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cinderella, I think I missed your previous threads, so let me get this straight. You aren''t engaged but your bf gave you that gorgeous asscher in your avatar?!!! I was a bit confused cos when I met you you mentioned you weren''t engaged but then I
I came back on PS and saw your avatar. Wow! I can''t imagine what you''re gonna get for an e-ring! Would you stay a bigger asscher or go with a different shape? Man, I really really want an asscher now! Now i''m thinking i shoulda went with an asscher eternity band from SP instead of my RB.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 2:41:14 AM
Author: CareBear
Cinderella, I think I missed your previous threads, so let me get this straight. You aren''t engaged but your bf gave you that gorgeous asscher in your avatar?!!! I was a bit confused cos when I met you you mentioned you weren''t engaged but then I

I came back on PS and saw your avatar. Wow! I can''t imagine what you''re gonna get for an e-ring! Would you stay a bigger asscher or go with a different shape? Man, I really really want an asscher now! Now i''m thinking i shoulda went with an asscher eternity band from SP instead of my RB.

Hi Carebear!
35.gif
No, I''m not engaged, and my bf gave me the asscher for my bday present last year. It was in a regular, really icky four prong setting; white gold solder was used to attach the head to the shank, and it was a shoddy job. It always bothered me, so I finally got it reset about a month ago, and now I love it!!

When we get engaged, we''ll be getting a RB, because he likes them more as ering stones. For RHRs, he doesn''t care what shape, as long as I''m happy with it, just so I''d leave him alone instead of whining for another stone.
9.gif

And your eternity band is gorgeous! I''ve always loved the ones from SP; have been looking at them wistfully, but can''t buy them because I don''t have a good excuse. But you can always ask for an asscher eternity for your one year anni. Time to start planning!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/17/2006 11:40:14 PM
Author: widget

Date: 7/17/2006 11:07:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal

I dunno if it is called regret--but I am experiencing the MOST GUILT I have ever known. It is awful. I feel terribly ''greedy'' and I am unable to dispell the feeling. Irrational I know, but there it is. GUILT, GUILY, GUILY for being so extravagent.
8.gif
waaa

FIRE AWAY!!!
3.gif
cheers--Sharon
Sharon!!!!!!!
23.gif
38.gif

All I can think to say is: GET OVER IT!!!!
2.gif
HI:

Am trying Widget!!! I really never occured to me this would happen--will work on the "get over it"!! I recall the erudite words of Researcher (where is the good Doctor??) that it was silly to be "guilty over wanting" (I paraphrase), but I am and it is not the easiest thing to rationalize away.....

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, to share a secret with you that a very wise friend of mine once shared with me: GUILT IS A USELESS EMOTION.

I know where you''re coming from, but I just went back and reread your whole thread and I think you really deserve your new ring and you were so
36.gif
HAPPY
36.gif
when you posted it. Don''t feel bad AT ALL. It''s a beautiful ring and you should enjoy it every second!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, Sharon, we must be cut from the same cloth because I struggle with those same feelings ALL the time. Dee Jay makes a good point that guilt is a useless emotion that serves no one and does no good. You deserve your beautiful ring! I have to keep reminding myself of that, too. It''s easy to feel like you don''t deserve something so exquisite when life goes on as normal around you....bills to pay, retirement/children''s education funds to save for, and socializing with friends/family who may not have the means to own baubles like yours. When the guilt starts to overwhelm me, I try to avoid the temptation of justifying in my own mind WHY I deserve the ring....because that''s a trap too. Everyone is deserving in their own right....we all just reap our rewards at different times and in different ways. You have that ring because you can afford it, and because it''s beautiful and because you enjoy looking at it. Some things in life ARE that simple, I think. It''s just when we start to over-think things that we inadvertently suck all the joy out. I''m learning to relax more these days and am better able to enjoy my ring without the guilt because my ring is art for art''s sake. I''m just enjoying it at face value. What point is there in torturing ourselves, right?
2.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 2:42:59 PM
Author: KristyDarling
You have that ring because you can afford it, and because it''s beautiful and because you enjoy looking at it. Some things in life ARE that simple, I think. It''s just when we start to over-think things that we inadvertently suck all the joy out.
Well said KristyDarling!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

10.gif
Sharon, sit back, slip that bling on your finger and enjoy the ride!!!!!We sure can''t take our baubles with us when we go, so wear it and love it now!!!!!
10.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Guys, thanks for your sense and sensibilities. Guilt for sure is a waste of an emotion and my Mom always told me that I think too much....

Back to the rest of the thread!!!

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2006 2:32:41 AM
Author: Cinderella
Roppongi, the weight of the stone is 0.88 carats. Translate that weight to read it in Chinese. And THAT''S the superstition.

Plus, it''s the first and ONLY asscher he''s ever seen, and he thinks it''s a ''really nice'' stone. So no upgrades. Darn.

Oh, and for the non-Chinese folk, when you translate 88 into Chinese, it sounds like ''rich rich.'' So, it''s a lucky number.
Cinderella
35.gif

sooo is 3.28 ct
31.gif
my wife has a 3.34 ct
14.gif
a # that no chinese wants to wear.
9.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Good thread...

As for me, I still like my ring. I don''t love it, but its nice and it continues to get alot of compliments and the stone catches the light really well.

Shrinkage? Oh yeah...of course. I have a 1.23 cushion which is more square than rectangular. I ideally would love to have a stone more suitable to my gigantic size 9 fingers! Compared to all you tiny and feminine handed ladies, I feel enormous, but I truly am not...
emembarrassed.gif

Regrets? Well, yeah. I wished I had had the $ to get a larger and more rectangular stone, but that''s ok cuz hubby already promised me at least a 2 carat or better when we upgrade. We won''t upgrade for a bit though cuz we have 2 kids in braces and 2 more that need to start braces by Christmas of this year, so it has to wait. This stone knocks the socks off of what I had before which was a .71 carat princess cut that was not of that great of quality or clarity...so in the meantime, I will just keep her looking sharp, clean and continue to get the compliments I guess!
emsmiled.gif

What does family or friends say? They do not have the understanding all of PSers do so to most, it is nice, but enough is enough. I love my diamond drop pendant necklace that has a smaller circle inside another circle. The melee in it resemble pave so it matches my wedding ring set perfectly(I have 2 pave WB''s that flank my e-ring). I have a lovely yellow gold tennis diamond bracelet that I adore. I am not fond of YG so much, but this bracelet actually goes well with my diamond pendant due to the flower circular designs on the bracelet. Frankly, anymore, I just care about what I think of my choices!
emotion-5.gif

The setting? I love the pave setting, but would change the diamond crown just a bit to make it more "me" now that I have had it for a while(I got this for Christmas 2005 for my 25th wedding anniversary of Feb of 2006). I love how I can change it up and wear just one ring or just the two bands or whatever. I especially love platinum!
emlove.gif

Future projects? No...not for awhile...too much to pay for that has to do with having bills, kids, and other things. That''s ok.

This rock will eventually be traded in for her larger and more rectangular sister. I love the cushion cut and will most likely stay with that. I adore diamonds of ALL shapes and have been drawn towards rounds, especially if I ever get the good fortune to get a three stone ring. I just love them in that trellis setting or a Scott Kay three stone setting with the surprise diamonds...extremely elegant to me for a nice RHR.

This site is dangerous. Just when you have convinced yourself that you have decided on a setting...BAM! Another setting shows up that causes you to rethink things...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Do you STILL love it? : Most of the time

Has shrinkage set in?: Absolutely

What do your friends/family think? : It''s pretty, but I''m nuts

Is your new ring everything you had hoped for?: of course not

Are you already thinking “What’s next?” for this rock?: No because this is it.

Do you have any regrets? Yeah, not returning the original e-ring & exchanging for a better diamond with original jeweler right when I got it.

Any new projects waiting in the wings? I want a whiteflash diamond bangle, a diamond pendant, pave hoops, and pave earring jackets for my studs.

26.gif

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results