shape
carat
color
clarity

To all the rings I''ve loved before.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering... so many of you all have such stunning rings... but Decisive's post got me to thinking... before you settled on your current rings... what rings or settings did you consider or 'almost' go with?

I haven't gotten my new setting. But I have considered... and decided against a TON of settings... but these were the two that were the closest to being my new setting. One is a Beverly K by Carl Blackburn band I was going to have made into a setting for me (worn with two anorexic micro pave bands) but it was too impractical for everyday wear. The other is the Micheal B Lace setting I was going to have custom made for me because I can't stand the head on it and wanted it something between the rounded one and the squared off one. Fi however, took and instant dislike to this setting... and well... I saw my first baguette halo right after... so. If I was going custom... that's what I wanted.

ETA: pictures would be lovely if you have them, please.

06P13.jpg

engR128-DD_large.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
good question, when I shopping for my sweets I saw all kinds of fancy rings that im sure we both would have loved but at heart we are both simple styled people so I went with a solitaire and wrap for her and a single bezel set diamond for myself.
The are kinda like us kicked back, relaxed and well not complex.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i looked at settings for months! i was going insane with all the options...
32.gif

i loved for MONTHS (before we even started looking) a setting from fay cullen that was beautiful, vintage filigree with diamonds...but they sold it and couldn't replicate it for me. so when we started looking, our very first setting was one from a designer i don't even remember...but i loved it for about a month and was convinced that was the one. then i determined i wanted more diamonds/bling...

i loved the MB lace but greg didn't...i loved one of the tacori encrusted pave styles and greg said it was too gaudy and had too much going on to distract from the main center stone
20.gif
...i loved the MB princess but it was too expensive for the ctw you got and we didn't really love the head on it. hmmm.

finally we just said lets go with the one that our jeweler's wife has, we know it looks good as we have seen it in person and it will be fab. we decided full eternity and that was that!
5.gif
well it was a little more complex than that but close to being 'that was that'..hehee.

but it took me visits every weekend to local jewelry stores to try stuff on time and time again to see what i liked, didn't like etc. i did all of that on my own then just brought greg in for the 'final decisions'...he likes to work that way best..by me narrowing it down for him first. hehee.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI honestly is into more modern jewelery than I am and he really likes the trellis setting I have now (simple, like you said Storm)... so it''s been a bit tricky to find settings I liked that he would like too... and Mara, he''s like your DH, prefers I do the leg work.

BUT after... four years now of my looking at settings in jewelery stores... finding ones I liked then taking him out to look at them then sighing over my baguette halo photos on the computer... he was just like. GO CUSTOM and design it yourself. I don''t CARE if it costs more to go custom than to go with an existing (non designer) setting. So... I came on PS and the rest is history.

Funny thing is all through the designing process on here he was really quiet. And then a couple of days ago when I was doing the powerpoint presentation he was next to me and he said that he really liked the design, even though he didn''t like any of the baguette halo pics I had on the computer (most of those were the 12 baguette style. I knew the whole time I wanted 8 just didn''t have any good picks of the 8 style). And that he loves the tapered baguette addition. He says it has clean strong lines (which he likes) and a delicate feminine feel (which I like). He said it was perfect. Which of course made me glow.

Mara... it''s funny how both of us liked the Micheal B lace... and the men didn''t, huh? DF didn''t like Tacori either... "too busy" he said.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I considered the Michael B lace too! But like you, Gypsy, I didn't like the head on it. I still love the lace and I'm thinking about getting the band alone as my w-band. ETA: I would get the petite if I end up getting it.

Another one I considered was a shared prong eternity e-ring, and the third was a three-stone with shared prong eternity.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
When I was looking to upgrade last year my jeweler had a JB Star trunk show and I fell in love with a stunning asscher five stone ring. I can''t find a picture of it, but it was gorgeous and would have been quite a different choice for a wedding ring. It was the first time that I had seen asschers in person. However my hubby didn''t care for the look at all and I was a little concerned myself that I would regret not sticking with round brilliants. Would have made a nice right hand ring though, but kind of pricey!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I loved the Royal Crown, but other than that, I didn''t really love another ring, not even my LM ring.

Then I saw my ring one day at BBB and it was a new design by Ritani and fell in love with it and hesitated to get it for months because I was afraid that if I got it, I would eventually want to exchange it for something else.

Well, I still have it, so I guess it''s mine, although I do figure if I get bored of the size, I will eventually reset it with a bezel halo type ring.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I guess we all went through our Michael B phase!
9.gif
Before I even met my husband, I thought this would be my dream ring (but with a princess-cut stone). Little did I know how expensive it was.

Pic is courtesy of Michael B website.

3sided michael b princess.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I missed out on the buying a ring together, looking at e-rings together, etc. because my husband already had a mounted stone (a heart-shaped diamond) which he had gotten years before in exchange for doing some consulting work at a mine. It's nice but not what I would have chosen on my own.

A few years after we were married, he wanted to buy me an asscher. I wanted this one (pic is courtesy of Dimend Scassi) from a local jewelry store.

We ended up with a different setting.

dimend scaasi asscher bags.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 12:42:38 PM
Author: lizz
I guess we all went through our Michael B phase!
9.gif
Before I even met my husband, I thought this would be my dream ring. Little did I know how expensive it was.
It''ll take me too long to totally answer the topic of this thread
1.gif
, but I must say I didn''t go through a Michael B phase when I was engaged, because I never saw them!!! Michael B Lace has all the features I was looking for in a wedding set during my engagement, but not only could I find nothing like it, but all the jewelers would act like it was impossible to combine all those features!
20.gif
I suppose it''s just as well; maybe my DH wouldn''t have liked it any more than the other DH''s mentioned in this thread. Plus as you mention, there''s that price tag...
5.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 1:43:37 AM
Author: Mara
but it took me visits every weekend to local jewelry stores to try stuff on time and time again to see what i liked, didn''t like etc. i did all of that on my own then just brought greg in for the ''final decisions''...he likes to work that way best..by me narrowing it down for him first. hehee.
That sounds like me with my reset! I don''t bother my DH with it or it would drive him crazy. So he''ll just be brought in for ''final approval'' or maybe a tie-breaker..
1.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I have loved SO many differnt settings.

I came very close to getting this tacori about a month ago. I took DH in for the final decision and he was skeptical that it would look good in yellow gold & he suggested I just give up on yellow gold, and get a whole new set in platinum.
Honestly, that just overwhelmed me at that point. I couldn''t imagine how much more indecision I would experience if I opened the options to include a whole new wedding set. I threw in the towel and got a yg solitaire. And I like it- it''s comfortable and classic.

But I still love this look - Sundial, is there a thread on your 3 stone in your avatar? It is beautiful! maybe a RHR someday...

tacorSIDEview.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
here is another Tacori I like

tacoriIlike.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another one I like in yellow gold

2.gif

3mm yg .04 rounds.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 9:15:40 PM
Author: dbgaap
I have loved SO many differnt settings.

I came very close to getting this tacori about a month ago. I took DH in for the final decision and he was skeptical that it would look good in yellow gold & he suggested I just give up on yellow gold, and get a whole new set in platinum.
Honestly, that just overwhelmed me at that point. I couldn''t imagine how much more indecision I would experience if I opened the options to include a whole new wedding set. I threw in the towel and got a yg solitaire. And I like it- it''s comfortable and classic.

But I still love this look - Sundial, is there a thread on your 3 stone in your avatar? It is beautiful! maybe a RHR someday...
Why thank you dbgaap! It is a Hearts on Fire ring that my husband got me as an upgrade for our anniversary last year. It doesn''t have its own thread, but I have posted pictures under various topics. There is a different view on Deco''s recent thread under Show Me the Ring about "I Love My Sparkly - Top 5 Reasons".

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizz, I love that asscher setting...what did you get instead? PS what did you do with the heart? I have a friend who has one as a pendant, suspended on a thin chain and it is adorable!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondfan, we bought a square emerald with trap sidestones. However, I just traded that in for a cushion halo 2 month ago. The heart is still in its yellow gold setting in my jewelry box. I have thought about remounting it in a pendant, but I''m not sure yet. It is a nice heart cut. I wear it as an ering on very rare occasions when I''m feeling very sentimental.
21.gif

Grace43537

Rough_Rock
When we first started looking we almost bought a .50 ct asscher cut loose stone and were going to have it set in a solitaire, but we didn''t go for it. Then I seriously considered getting a bigger stone and just having a solitaire and a plain gold band for my wedding band, but then I decided that I wanted more sparkle than that. We looked at tons of loose stones, settings and sets. Finally, he proposed to me with a .50 ct Leo solitaire and we then later had it reset into my current setting. The diamond bands were decided on after we had it reset from the solitaire. My .80 is a recent upgrade and I love it. I kept the .50 and had it put into a pendant, which I wear a lot. I have been considering putting the .50 into a solitaire again because I''m waiting for a 1ct eternity band to come in!
-Grace
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results