shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone from Vancouver, BC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm looking for fun activities to do around the Vancouver area. My husband and I have been up there twice in the last few months and have already visited Grouse Mountain and also the Capilano Suspension Bridge, and now with our 8th anniversary coming up, we're planning to head on up again in a few weeks and are looking for things to do. My husband LOVES outdoor activities, so I need ideas! Please help!
2.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if you could rent a scull and go rowing, or at least a kayak. There''s also a huge beautiful park, Stanley Park, that I thought was wonderful just to walk through, or you could rent bikes and probably be able to get around and see the whole thing. Don''t go to the aquarium though! It''s a waste of time. It needs a lot of work and it''s not worth the money or the wait!

Vancouver is beautiful! You are lucky to go there. I''m not from there, I''m from SoCal, but those are a few activities I enjoyed while I was there a couplel years ago. Have fun
1.gif

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
I am :)
35.gif

Hmmm...if your husband is an outdoor nut, I say pay a visit to Whistler. Lots of hiking and other activities to do there (like zip-treking!), plus you can rest and relax in one of the cozy lodges (or upscale hotel if you prefer
31.gif
) and enjoy great food and entertainment in the heart of Whistler Village. Oh...check out www.whistlermountaineer.com if you want to experience an amazing train ride from Vancouver to Whistler and back.

In Van city, you can always check out the hustle and bustle at Granville Island and Robson Street or enjoy some greenspace at Stanley Park, Queen Elizabeth Park and the tranquil and serene Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden in Chinatown (where I got married last September
9.gif
). The Gastown District is historic and a fun place to tour around. The beaches, especially Spanish Banks and Kitsilano, are great!

Also check out http://www.deepcovekayak.com/ for kayaking in Deep Cove (North Vancouver) and http://www.hyak.com/main.html for whitewater rafting (several of my friends have gone on these tours and had a blast).

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi MC:

I don''t live in Vancouver but both my sisters do and I will be out there visiting them very soon!

There are lots of great hikes to take and one was climbing "the chief" in Squamish (which is halfway to Whistler). My youngest sister (the one who took me) is in optimal shape so it was quite an accomplishment for me to actually do this hike. It was spectacular at the top!

I hope you two have lots of fun!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Can you make it over to Vancouver Island? Victoria is spectacular! I grew up about 4 hours inland in the Okanogan Valley, which is incredibly beautiful and out of the rain!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Me, me, me
35.gif
35.gif

Since you''ve done the Capilano Suspension bridge, you can also do the Lynn Canyon. There is a suspension bridge there as well and it''s FREE to walk across. There is also the Lynn Headwaters with lots of hiking trials and very scenic.
You could go out to Steveston, Richmond. Great place for some awesome fish n'' chips.
Mount Seymour - hiking
Horseshoe Bay - West Vancouver
Cypress Bowl - hiking trails, very much like Grouse Mtn.
Hell''s Gate / Boston Bar - out towards the cities of Hope and Lytton ( 2hrs drive from Vancouver)

If I can think of anymore, I''ll keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results