shape
carat
color
clarity

Remodel suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site by accident as I was searching for sites to inspire me on how I would like to remodel my e-ring and split bands. I now regularly check out what everyone is posting and the pics of all the beautiful rings! I was wondering if anyone would have any inspiration on how I could really make something of the rings I currently have. When we had them made I really thought this was the style of ring I wanted, I think I went to practical in some ways and am now wanting to change the whole look of the set.

As you will see my rings are quite chunky (a total of 9mm underneath my finger) and have a lot of metal which I think detracts from the diamonds. I am leaning towards a style that is a lot more intricate, think Tiffany Legacy or something like that. I am in Australia so obviously don''t have access to the jewellers that you guys all get so excited about! I will list all the specs for you:

My E-ring:
1ct laser inscribed VVS2 Princess, 5.54 X 5.49 X 4.01mm
Depth 73%
Table 75%
Girdle Medium, polished
Culet None
Symmetry Excellent
Polish Excellent
Fluorescence None

Split bands:
2.6mm, 12= 0.36 carat F, VS.

My finger is a size ''N'' which I don''t know what that translates to for you guys as I don''t know what a ''6'' size is either! Any inspriation would be greatly appreciated, I have checked out a number of the sites listed under designer brands in pricescope which have enabled me to find a few nice pics. I hope you don''t get bored with the overload of photos I will post for you to look at!

Thanks everyone,

Victoria.

Cnv0027.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Another

Cnv0028.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock
and another

Cnv0029.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock

Cnv0030.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Hope you are not too bored...

Cnv0031.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock
not many to go

Cnv0032.jpg

Victoria

Rough_Rock
last one.

Cnv0033.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello! Do you still want to wear all of the rings together? I think splitting them up (or only wearing one band) will make as much of a difference as whatever new setting you choose.

How ''bout baguettes on the sides like Snoopers new reset? Here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/snoopers-leon-mege.45761/

Or a three stone ring with smaller princesses on the sides?

Soooo many options -- what a fun project you have ahead of you!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
mmmmmmm!!!
nice!

And if you get a whole new setting, that existing ring would really look great with a new colored stone in it!
perfect for a right hand ring!

I don''t have any good suggestions, but I''ll enjoy watching your project unfold !!
Especially filling the old setting with a new stone (colored gemstones they can be very inexpensive if you want to channel all the budget into the new setting)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your set, too. Having your stone and band the same width is a trend lately which I really like. I would wear just one simple platinum band (2 mm) with it though, instead of the channel-set bands. But that would just be my preference.

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Fatafelice thanks for the link to the platinumsmiths site, you are right the quality is beautiful which is also shown in the various jewellery pieces he makes. Have you had something made there yourself? The location is just near where I had my rings made at Charles Rose (which you may be familiar with as it seems you must be an Aussie girl!).

I would quite happily go back there (charles rose) to have my rings changed but I am apprehensive because they might think I am crazy or something! Do most people feel that way or are jewellers okay about you going back to make significant changes?

Jolly

Rough_Rock
Those photos are amazing Victoria

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Would you consider either another plain solitaire band, only thinner?

Or, a channel set ering as well (like mine in my avatar). I have often thought of getting another band for the otehr side....

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2006 6:49:40 PM
Author: Victoria
Thanks to everyone for their comments.

Fatafelice thanks for the link to the platinumsmiths site, you are right the quality is beautiful which is also shown in the various jewellery pieces he makes. Have you had something made there yourself? The location is just near where I had my rings made at Charles Rose (which you may be familiar with as it seems you must be an Aussie girl!).

I would quite happily go back there (charles rose) to have my rings changed but I am apprehensive because they might think I am crazy or something! Do most people feel that way or are jewellers okay about you going back to make significant changes?
Victoria,
Don''t be apprehensive. If you want to make changes then make them. You are wearing the ring after all and need to be 100% happy with it. Good luck. I think your rings are gorgeous but the ering is too bulky IMHO.
2.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I think Sophie mentioned getting a thinner solitaire? I think that would look really nice if you got a super skinny solitaire and then kept the bands. But I don''t know if you arew working on a budget or not. Another way to use the bands is to make a channel solitaire out of one of your bands like Sophies and keep the other one as your wb. Or are you looking for something totally different and new?

Victoria

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much to everyone for their suggestions..In reply to you Sophie a thinner solitaire band could be a good change but I still feel that my bands are too boxy looking. The set pictured in your avator are gorgeous! but not something we considered when the e-ring was designed because we already blew the budget on the stone! I could say from experience that a second band for yourself may detract from your e-ring which I think is the thing that should stand sparkle the most. I wouldn''t go one band because my rings look awkward with only one band, perhaps because of the difference in width.

There was not much discussion about bands when my e-ring was designed, my fiance took most part in the design (so it was not quite what i was expecting...)so when it came to getting the bands done, nothing looked all that great. I agree with Kaleigh that the e-ring is too bulky, it totally detracts from the stone!!

Ilovesparkles- there is definately no budget when it comes to the remodel- I am definately going to have a big change!! In terms of what I think I want, I definately still want split bands as I think it frames the r-ring well but in my opinion is a small safety measure when my hands are cold, I would rather loose one band than my e-ring. In terms of style and from browsing all the gorgeous rings on this site, I really love the halo style. I went into Tiffany store to try on the Legacy style and was met with a new staff member who really couldn''t help me and didn''t have the initiative to pass me on to someone else. Lovely girl but couldn''t answer my questions.

At the moment i am thinking halo style with a 2mm band with some sort of pave on the band with matching split bands also with the pave theme. That obviously means new diamonds, what am I to do with the 24 stones in the bands now? Channels in the e-ring???...
1.gif

Victoria

Rough_Rock
I found this image on the James Allen site. It features an asscher cut but I think a princess would look okay as well, with fine split bands. What do you think?

image140583.JPG

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I really love that last ring from James Allen. Could you maybe have your bands redone to be as thin as possible with shared prongs perhaps? Or you could have them remade in a RHR or just stack them as a RHR. Another thought, have no idea what you think about this, is to have the accents diamonds on the halo be teeny princess cut stones. And them where the bands redone on either side but I am not sure how that would look really.So are you still going to have bands on the sides of your new creation? Or will that depend on what you have done?

ETA: Ok I went back and reread and believeyou answered you already want bands on boh sides for a fram and protection. So what about thin pave bands that match the shank of that pslit shank ring?

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Dee*Jay for remembering my post!

Great photos Victoria! I actually like your 2 bands! I think if you were to use the diamonds from your bands, it would be awesome in the ER setting! Talk about some ''bling! I do like that last picture of the halo you submitted. Also, I think if you went with a thinner band, it''d make that stone pop.

Perhaps with your current ER setting, use that as a future RHR setting? It''s very substantial!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snooper, I hope you don''t mind my posting your link (I try to be conscientious of other people''s bling!) but yours is such a beautiful beautiful ring that I really wanted to share it with Victoria as a potential idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results