shape
carat
color
clarity

For Kaleigh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, I''m so sorry I missed this, but I just wanted to let you know you, Nanny, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahaha she definitely still has her spirit!! my thoughts are with you both...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got a call at 7:30 this morning on my cell. I feared the worst, but Nanny was having a hard time breathing and was refusing the meds. I told the nurse to put her foot down with Nanny amd make her take them. They gave her Ativan and morphine. I went a little bit later and she was much calmer. Bumpy road but she''s hanging in there. I''m pooped, but hopeful.
24.gif

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your family right now. Take good care of yourself, too Kaleigh. Caregivers are need their tlc, too. Biggest hugs to you.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
praying for you & nanny''s continued strength, optimism, peace and serenity.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of you all today. Gosh, what a scare this morning but I''m glad she''s resting comforably now. thanks for the update.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear your Nanny still has her spunk and that she is hanging in there!

Thinking of you both,

Heather

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still thinking of you both. . .

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Sending big hugs to you and Nanny, Lisa!! Thinking of you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks soooo much everyone. I wish I could give all of you a big hug!! Anyway I just got back after getting an urgent call to come and help out. A big problem now is that she has become disoriented and is in pain. She''s always had her buttons as she likes to say but now she is slipping into another realm. They gave her meds for pain and a sleeping pill. She finally knew I was there and turned to me and said I love you sweetheart, I may not see you tomorrow. I said I know, and it''s ok. Please don''t hang on for me. I said you have Tom-Tom waiting for you and Teddy (my brother ) go be with them. I also said we can meet in our dreams. Her eyes were closed but she heard me and smiled. I hope the angels take her tonight.
12.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa, your post just brought me to tears. I''m so glad that you had that moment together and IF she does go off to Tom-Tom and Teddy tonight, I know that you will have some peace for knowing you loved her as much as is humanly possible--and vice versa!!! Big prayers and hugs.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh I''m so sorry...I''m hoping for the best and remember you''ll always have another angel by your side! *Hugs*

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I admire your strength so much. You have overcome so much in your life, and continue to do so with grace. Thank you for keeping us posted, it means a lot. Since joining this "community" I have enjoyed getting to "know" you and your Nanny. Thanks for sharing such deep and personal things with us. I am sorry to hear about her condition worsening, but I am glad that you could have this valuable time together. Stay strong. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Mokey

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Lisa, big big hugs.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa I am praying for you and Nanny and keeping you both in my thoughts.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif
So sorry to hear this Lisa, but everything you said to her was so absolutely precious and perfect. It's hard for us to let go and be left behind but she will definitely be watching over you.
17.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thoughts and prayers continue
***huge hugs***

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
You''ve got me all welled up, Lisa. I hope your Nanny finds her peace. Thoughts and prayers continuing . . . . .

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your exchange with Nanny is the stuff that brings you to your knees in this life. . . and yet it is such a privilege to have.

Bless you both - today and always.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to chime in with thoughts and prayers for Kaleigh... sounds like Nanny is a very special woman who has lived a long and full life, and will pass on when it is her time with no regrets. When my grandma passed away a few years ago, I had to keep reminding myself that she was happily entertaining everyone up in heaven and spending QT with the husband she hadn''t seen in 20 years... it was only us, left behind, who were feeling sorrow. And knowing SHE was happy and content made me feel better too.
1.gif
12.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lisa, after reading your last update I''ve got tears running down my face. What a sweet, loving exchange that was with Nanny. I can''t imagine a sweeter way for Nanny to "go home" to her loved ones, with you by her side. And it sounds like she is resting comfortably and feeling at peace. It really doesn''t get any better than that. Enjoy your time with your beloved Nanny. I''m thinking of you, hon!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Lord is with us in all things with him we have to fear, nothing in life or in death.

The 23rd Psalm says this as clear as it can be said.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

Amen!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
What a special moment to share with your Nanny. My prayers are with you both!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2006 1:05:48 PM
Author: strmrdr
The Lord is with us in all things with him we have to fear, nothing in life or in death.

The 23rd Psalm says this as clear as it can be said.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name'' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.

Amen!
My very precious grandmother taught me this verse as a child - we used to recite it together - her voice becoming stronger and louder at Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil . . It made me cry to see it here in print as Kaleigh helps her own grandmother.

Thank you Storm for bringing back a wonderful memory for me.

Amen.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Storm, that is my most favorite psalm. Nanny is in a very deep sleep. It won''t be too much longer I hope. My favorite nurse is with her now. I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you. It''s helping me a lot. I am much better than I was before. Now I just want her to go and be with my grandfather and brother. Her journey here is done. Lisa

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad she is peaceful - thoughts continue for you. . .

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
continuing to think and send prayers your way Lisa. It brings back very recent memories for in the passing of my own grandmother and I know how strong you are and have been and the peace you seem to have found. That psalm is one of my favorites too
12.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am glad that your Nanny is resting peacefully. What you are going through right now is so emotionally heart wrenching and my heart goes out to you.
emlove.gif
I wanted to wish you a Happy Mother''s Day, even though I know it is a very difficult one.

Heather

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, I was thinking a couple of days ago about families needing to let a loved one know it''s okay when they feel it is time to go. Then you posted that you told your Nanny just that! I know that must have meant so much to her that you love her enough to let her go on to a much better place!

Storm...great post!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
** please see this thread ** link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results