shape
carat
color
clarity

suspension ring trouble.. PLEASE HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shammas

Rough_Rock
I bought a suspension ring and got engaged about a month ago. The size that my fiance originally chose was too big. So we took it to the jewler and asked to size it from a size 6 to a size 5. When we picked it up, the ring was sized at under a 4 and in the shape of an egg. We were not pleased and told them to fix it. We got it back and the size and shape were right. But after just 10 days of getting it back, the diamond has come really loose. I have heard that these types of rings have to be very specially designed and i am worried that the jeweler is not competent and that he possible could have ruined the ring sizing it. SHould he be able to fix it so that the diamond will not come loose again or do we need to start with a whole new band?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi shammas and welcome
35.gif

You would probably be better off posting this in Rocky Talky. the experts don''t visit this section very often and you''d definitely get more responces.

I have always heard that tension ring like you are describing should not be sized. I am not a jeweler however and could be wrong, but my best guess is that you''re going to have to get a new setting. I would definitly complain to the jewelry about the problems and see if they will make things right for you.

again though, I''m am not a jeweler and am not very familiar with your type of setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results