shape
carat
color
clarity

SHE GOT IN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will. And we'll keep our fingers crossed for you UCLABelle. What a great place to get your MS!!! Hope to see you around the campus!!!
1.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
A big congrats to your daughter, Kaleigh!
36.gif
This is a big acheivement and it must be such an exciting time for her. I can tell you are one rightfully proud mama!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2005 6:28:09 PM
Author: kaleigh
Lol, John. Yes I have 2 sweat shirts. Ashley has 2 sweat shirts, and a pair of sweat pants. My son has a baseball cap, sweat pants and sweat shirt. Hubby bought Penn glasses for the bar. I think that''s it. The book store did well by the Kaleigh household!! Oh and stickers for the cars. We are total geeks.
3.gif
I am sure you will make it to the bookstore live at some point. Once that happens you''ll need to have plenty of detergent on-hand for red & blue. Nice start on the collection. My parents still have glasses in their bar from waaay back in my Pac-10 days.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh,

You must be one proud mom!
2.gif

Congratulations.
emotion-19.gif

Cheers!
emcocktl.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, good luck UCLABelle. Hope you get in! Remember to stay safe. I don't recall hearing UPenn being in a very safe area like Westwood is. Than again, I don't remember Columbia being in all that great an area either.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Imurden!! Codex, UCABelle will be safe at UPenn. It''s much better now. Really, or else I wouldn''t send Ashley there.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh- I don''t want to steal your thread, but I posted to you about hoping that I would get into Penn...and I DID!!!!!!!!!!! I am going for grad school!!!! SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY!

I am in grad school now (at Columbia) and can''t wait to move to attend Penn!!!! Just thought I would let you know that I just found out (today by phone).

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Columbia is not in a great area at all. I was in shock after living in Westwood (my favorite place in the whole world!).

I am pretty tough now after a year of living in Morningside Heights by Columbia (aka Harlem).

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to your daughter, but huge monster Kudos to you for obviously being such a wonderful Mom!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 7:21:16 PM
Author: UCLABelle
Kaleigh- I don''t want to steal your thread, but I posted to you about hoping that I would get into Penn...and I DID!!!!!!!!!!! I am going for grad school!!!! SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY!

I am in grad school now (at Columbia) and can''t wait to move to attend Penn!!!! Just thought I would let you know that I just found out (today by phone).
OMG really?? That is awesome. Congrats!!! You must be so excited. I am thrilled for you. Such a great school!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! My hubby attended Wharton (MBA, not undergrad)!!!!!!!!!

Great school... Ivy Leaguers Unite! LOL. I'm such a dork.

GO QUAKERS!!!

I adored Philly. Rittenhouse square... Le Bec Fin...

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

OMG I remember when I got in and my mom *screamed* from downstairs! Ahhhh! I have had such a wonderful experiance here and I hope she will have the same.

If you want any advice on professors or life or dorms or anything, feel free to ask
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe I am leaving.... That is so wonderful for her! Yay!!!!!!!!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
this is so ironic....flyfisher and his econ major friend are sitting in the next moment doing their homework...awwwww! (I saw you said she wants to major in econ)

We have fabulous stuff for international development econ if she is interested in polysci or IR, that is a popular combo.

And not to insult any wharton grads out there but...SAS rules!

(Ok, I''m going to shut up now, its just your great news brought out a lot of happy memories of the last four years
9.gif
)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 10:12:24 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

OMG I remember when I got in and my mom *screamed* from downstairs! Ahhhh! I have had such a wonderful experiance here and I hope she will have the same.

If you want any advice on professors or life or dorms or anything, feel free to ask
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

She wants to live in the quad. She has a bunch of friends that live there. Where did you live as a freshman?? I bet it''s hard to leave. I saw in the Penn paper that Jodie Foster is giving the commencement address. That''s cool.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 10:18:03 PM
Author: kaleigh
Date: 3/15/2006 10:12:24 PM

Author: rainbowtrout

YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

She wants to live in the quad. She has a bunch of friends that live there. Where did you live as a freshman?? I bet it''s hard to leave. I saw in the Penn paper that Jodie Foster is giving the commencement address. That''s cool.
I lived in Kings Court. Quad is....well, its not my scene, but I bet it is fun for a lot of people. It can be very loud, cramped, and party oriented.

On the other hand, it is a beautiful building and there is a great sense of community.

If I had to rec a freshman dorm I would say go for Mayer Hall. The rooms are huge, its across the street from the Quad, and its study AND social friendly.

Currently I live in the highrises with flyfisher.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
a lot of people are actually pissed about the Jody Foster thing.....apparently they feel cheated that a Yalie and not an "important" Yalie at that is speaking.

I don''t know, she''s smart, interesting, and flyfisher has had a crush on her since jr high
31.gif
People whine too much.

kittykat

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! That''s no small accomplishment.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Tawn, Julian and Kittycat. It''s an old thread but we are still very excited here. I''m so glad UCLABelle bumped this thread to tell me her great news. That is huge!!! I hope to run into her on campus one day!!!
1.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Everyone!

My Mom asked me who I told, and I said "I posted it to my friends on Pricescope!". She thought I was kidding. As a grad student, I don''t really have time for traditional friends or going out much, but I check Pricescope almost twice a day! I was happy share the news with all of you!

Thanks again!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
UCLABelle,
If you need anything I only live 20 minutes outside of the city. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. Have you looked into appartments?? I''m not sure how that goes on the grad school level. But I''m around the corner if you need me. Lisa
1.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Wowzer!
9.gif

Congratulations to Kaleigh''s family!
36.gif

Wishing all the best for your daughter!
12.gif

It will be a very exciting time and new adventure in a new chapter of her life ... Sending a lil'' prayer to keep her safe, healthy and happy!
28.gif

Happiness to all!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
And ...

Congrat''s to UCLABELLE too!

wow, MS! Fantastic!

May you be blessed with health and happiness at UPENN too!

Best wishes ~
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results