shape
carat
color
clarity

hello! would a plain band work with this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi!

It''s been a LONG time since I''ve been on this site or posted. But I''ve been snooping again lately! I''ve seen some beautiful rings lately.

Well, originally, I didn''t get a wedding band with my e-ring since I''m happy just wearing it alone but now that I''ve worn it for almost a year, I''m thinking a band would be nice to wear at times. Nothing too expensive, just something plain and platinum to ''somewhat'' match my e-ring. Anyone have pics of their e-ring (with stones in band) with a plain wedding band? I realize it probably won''t sit flush with my e-ring but that''s ok. I just don''t feel like trying on a thousand bands, I''d rather just purchase it from WF like I did my e-ring! Sounds simple enough but I can''t find any pics of this combo. Thanks!

Here are pics of the e-ring.

rit_ring.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My old setting was almost identical to yours.

Here is a picture of it with a plain 3mm band. I did eventually get a 2mm plain band to go with it. I thought the 2mm one looked better but I don''t have a picture of it with the diamond e-ring.

diamonderingplainband.jpg

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi -

Thanks! That''s exactly what I needed. Is yours a 3-stone? It sort of looks like it is. I actually prefer your smaller side stones to my larger side stones. It makes the center stand out more.

If and when you get a pic of the 2mm band, please post! I''d love to see the difference.

Thanks again!
36.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would look lovely together. It''s the opposite of having a solitare e-ring and a eternity wedding band.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it had one 13 point round on each side of the center diamond, then the smaller diamonds going down the sides were 2 points each.

Date: 3/1/2006 8:25:22 AM
Author: dutchgirl
Hi -

Thanks! That''s exactly what I needed. Is yours a 3-stone? It sort of looks like it is. I actually prefer your smaller side stones to my larger side stones. It makes the center stand out more.

If and when you get a pic of the 2mm band, please post! I''d love to see the difference.

Thanks again!
36.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Since you worked w/ WF to get your diamond ring, and you plan on getting the band from them as well, have you thought about contacting them to see what they suggest to go with your ring?
Very pretty ring, BTW!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous e-ring! Personally, I prefer it solo, or with a matching diamond band, JMHO!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I really like the look of pebbles set and I think it would be a wonderful wb to go with yours as well!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 10:55:50 AM
Author: gailrmv
Gorgeous e-ring! Personally, I prefer it solo, or with a matching diamond band, JMHO!
I agree. Matching band.

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all of your input!
35.gif

I think I''ll choose the plain band (like pebbles). I''m a simple girl! I don''t wear a lot of jewelry and it took me awhile to get used to my e-ring. At first, it seemed so flashy to me. I''ve seen some similar e-rings with matching bands (very pretty) but in terms of budget and wear and tear, I think the plain band will probably be best. Now I just need to decide on 2mm or 3mm. I don''t have really long fingers so probably 2mm?

Has anyone ordered from the facets collection? I''ve also seen some bands on that site and the prices look reasonable.

Thanks again for your help!

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
By the way, Pebbles, you said OLD setting. What does your new setting look like?! Just interested...

By the way, I like this emoticon
41.gif
too funny!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2006 4:54:14 PM
Author: dutchgirl
By the way, Pebbles, you said OLD setting. What does your new setting look like?! Just interested...

By the way, I like this emoticon
41.gif
too funny!!
Here''s the link to her new gorgeous setting: LINK

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for posting the link! (Duh - I guess I could have done a search!) I love pebbles new e-ring! I actually tried on the setting as well. She seems to have the same taste as me.

36.gif
Good choice!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments on my new setting too. Thanks for posting the link Rascal.
1.gif

Unfortunately, I am totally having buyers remorse! I am finding the knife edge of the 3 stone ring to be pretty uncomfortable so I haven''t been wearing it the last few days. In some ways I am sorry I traded my shared prong setting in.
15.gif
I feel like a total idiot bringing this up to the jeweler I bought the SK ring from.

I did get my 2mm plain band from Signed Pieces. It is the "rafael" one and I believe it was $65 (for white gold). I got a TON of compliments when I wore it with the shared prong setting. I am all about comfort and the two rings together were very comfortable.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Pebbles! I''m so sorry to hear that your ring is giving your problems! Argh!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 12:33:36 PM
Author: Jelly
Pebbles! I''m so sorry to hear that your ring is giving your problems! Argh!
Thanks. It figures it would happen. Everyone around me thinks I am just too darn picky...but I hate wearing it for a couple of hours then having to take it off b/c it bothers me. What I am thinking about doing is getting a new setting for this diamond and putting a family stone in the SK one.

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Pebbles,

Oh no!! I''m sorry you''re not happy with it. You sound just like me, trouble making a decision and then when you finally do - you''re not sure if you''re truly happy with it!!

I couldn''t tell it was a knife edge in the picture but I can understand you wanting it to be comfortable. I took me awhile to get used to my e-ring. The band itself feels great but the diamonds in the band would rub against my ''other'' fingers and it was kind of annoying. Fortunately, I don''t notice it anymore.

Well - I personally love your new setting, very simple and classy and shows off the diamonds. Maybe once you get used to it, it will feel more comfortable.

Like I said before, I''d prefer my side diamonds to be much smaller. But, I ordered it custom from WF and they don''t seem to have diamonds any smaller than .23
8.gif
-- I guess I could order them from another online site but I want the color/quality to match that of the center. Anyone been in this similar situation? What did you do?

What''s that saying...it''s a woman''s prerogative to change her mind?!! I wish I could STOP changing mine!!!
9.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
DG, If I could stop changing my mind, I would not be having all this trouble to begin with!
2.gif

It is so hard to know what you are going to like after only trying something on for maybe 5 minutes. This is my 3rd
6.gif
setting for this stone; the first one I knew was a temporary setting, then I got antsy and had it put into the shared prong setting above then after I did that I really thought I wanted the 3 stone ring. The sad thing is that I tried on this setting like 3 or 4 times before I actually ordered it...and I never realized that there was a knife edge to it, or had forgotten about it.

You also don''t know the comfort factor until you have something for a while unfortunately either. I called a local jeweler yesterday and was chatting with him for a while (it must have been a slow day for him
2.gif
) and he was telling me that he has had some people complain about the knife edge settings. I thought to myself, great, I wish I had known that a few months ago! He said if a woman comes in looking for a super comfy setting that he steers her toward a comfort fit solitaire. He also said that so many styles now-adays are not meant to really be worn "daily" and aren''t really comfortable or practical. He''s had women complain about eternity bands not being the most comfortable (something I agree with) and pave can be kind of bothersome too. He suggested my setting may be too big and that''s why the knife edge is rubbing against the bottom of my finger (so much that it is red and raw) however, if I go down a size, then it will be too tight in the summer and I won''t wear it at all.
15.gif

So I don''t know what the solution is. I''ve had it for a little over 2 months so you think that would be enough time for me to get used to it.

If you had your ring made by Whiteflash, I don''t think they will use anyone elses melee but theirs. The .23ct side stones don''t count as melee, so maybe you could have gotten them from elsewhere. Hindsight is 20/20, isn''t it? Can you send it back and ask them to remake it with smaller sides? I can''t imagine they don''t have anything smaller than .23ct?
33.gif

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Pebbles,

I know what you mean about 20/20 hindsight
7.gif
But I''d already taken so long to decide on a ring and tried on a million by that point, I decided to just go for it and build a ring. I copied a Ritani I loved (which had a 1ct center and approx .18 sides) - and worked with WF to copy it. I originally had a .50 center but didn''t like the three stones looking so similar in size so I upped it to a .73 center (which is what I have now). I was pretty happy with it and the wedding was literally two months away, so I said "done!" They didn''t (and still don''t) have side stones that are under .23 or so but I just wanted to have my ring and figured it would grow on me.

But, now after living with it for a year, I''m just not satisfied with the sizing of the three stones. I don''t want to go any larger with the center but wouldn''t mind decreasing the sides to approx .15 and possibly raising the center a bit.

What''s so funny is I''ve never been a diamond girl!! But I''ve become obsessed with my ring! I''m becoming a monster!
27.gif

Pebbles - I hope you''re able to find a solution! It''s important to feel comfortable in something you wear day in and day out. But I still think it''s gorgeous, that counts for something, right?!

I agree, 5 minutes in the store is just not enough. Especially with the salesperson breathing down your neck! I used to tell them, "I think I need to try this out at home" -- seriously, I wish I could have
41.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe...DG, you sound soooo much like me! I was never into diamonds until I got my e-ring (my first diamond was my e-ring) and since then I have become completely obsessed with it. I seriously think I have a problem! My husband thinks I am completely nuts and everything I have bought he has thought that it is pretty and that I am done obsessing about my ring.
2.gif

Thanks again for the compliments on my 3 stone ring. The sides on mine are actually 18 points each; I thought they were 20 points each (the whole setting is .40ctwt) but there are two surprise diamonds that are 2 points each that I had forgotten about.

If you are THAT unhappy with your ring, could you sell it and get another one? Heck, I could use a setting for my family stone!
2.gif
Or, is your husband (or you for that matter) sentimental about you changing your original e-ring? Some guys are really funny about that.

FWIW, I think your ring is gorgeous. Yeah, maybe it would be more ideal if the sides were a wee bit smaller in proportion to the center, but I really like it the way it is. Do you have any hand shots?

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I guess I'm not THAT unhappy with my ring, I would just prefer that the sides be a bit smaller to showcase the center more. I'll probably end up doing that down the road, but right now I just want to get a wedding band to wear with it at times, but mostly by itself. My hubby actually doesn't mind what I do ... he likes it the way it is, but he let me choose my own e-ring and be apart of the entire process so it really wouldn't hurt his feelings if I made some small changes.
9.gif
I would feel bad if he had picked it out himself...but that's not the case here, so PHEW!!

I'm attaching a hand shot. If anyone has a 2mm platinum band paired with their three stone, please post. Now, I'm just debating b/w the 2mm and 3mm band. I'm leaning towards the comfort band.

I've looked at the WF site and facets collection (rafael). Does anyone have any other sites I should look at? I'm trying to find something reasonably priced.

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Ok - here is my hand shot. I have others, but they aren't uploading for some reason.

IMG_0130_2.jpg

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Sorry, why aren't these posting?
39.gif

Attachments

• o.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 46

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Dutchgirl...

Both Laurenthepartier and I have ordered plain bands from eweddingbands.com. My husband and I have used them for three or four different purchases, and they are great. Can''t beat their plain band prices unless you go the ebay route. Returns are totally easy (we ordered an incorrect size and had to exchange) and their free shipping gets them to you within a day or two. If I were you, I would order the 2mm AND the 3mm at the same time and return the one that doesn''t make you smile
1.gif

Good luck!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
DG -- the Whiteflash pics of your ring do not do it justice! It is just stunning on your hand! I really like the proportion of the side stones to your center -- I think they make it look way bigger than 3/4ct. In some ways I wish my sides were bigger too! Hey, maybe we should trade settings!
31.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! I wouldn''t touch it. It looks perfect on your hand!

dutchgirl

Rough_Rock
Wallermama -

Good tip! I think I just might order the 2 sizes and see what works.

Thanks to everyone for the nice replies. Pebbles - maybe we SHOULD trade!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results