shape
carat
color
clarity

His antique heirloom cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Lordy! I LOVE that mounting!!!
30.gif
I think the marquises make it quite special and unusual.

Gorgeous diamond, too. YUM!!
3.gif
(I think it''s an Old Mine Cut rather than an OEC..but what do I know?) It would look fabulous in a Mege type mounting too...

Congrats!
widget

PS: Ms Salvo...hee hee...I just saw your reference to me and my feelings about remounting these old treasures. Don''t you think I was restrained?
2.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Now that I''ve seen more pics, I have to say...WOW, WOW, WOW! I LOVE that setting! How unique, and feminine, and gorgeous! And, I hate to say it, but I wish you weren''t resetting it.

averybojangles

Rough_Rock
Oh, ppp-please don''t reset that ring! It is absolutely gorgeous and vintage is so "in" right now!

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Shannon

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
THREE CHEERS FOR MRS. SALVO! THANKS!

Sorry to those who like the old setting, it's already being reset. But I promise to honor all of your wishes one day and get a new stone to put in that old setting. I think something green would be beautiful, but just about any stone would look good...pink, sapphire, red....

Funny, I show one friend the old setting and she told me that she thought I should dismantle it and make a new RHR of a row of marquises sitting north-south. I bet you all would like to have a word with her:)

By the way, can any of you tell which of the marquises is smashed? I never really knew that a diamond could be crushed until I saw it. Do you think it could be glass?

As for whether it could be an old mine cut. . . you could be right, widget. We had it appraised and they said it was an OEC, but they also said it was round and it's really cushion. So they could be totally wrong about the OEC part too!!

Isn't the center stone just gorgeous? I am so lucky!!!!!!!
36.gif

Major PS -- I never realized how filthy both of my rings were until I saw them blown up in photos like this. I am going to become a compulsive cleaner after seeing these.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I took apart my original antique setting... (I have an OEC, from the 1920''s)

We actually put a CZ in the original setting for now, so I can travel with it.

Someday, I''ll return my OEC to its original setting to pass along within the family. But that is years from now :)

Your ring is AMAZING! I absolutely love it!!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its a gorgeous Old-Mine Cut, its a great size and it looks like a high quality Diamond, which are pretty rare these days for OMC''s
Enjoy it, only make sure you dont re-cut this puppy...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here comes another vote against having that lovely stone re-set. Stones that were cut in the 1920''s always look more at home in their original settings.

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! I love it - it is so beautiful! Roxy - you''re a very luck girl. Can''t wait to see it in it''s new home :)

Allium

Rough_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL ring. Love it love it!! East-west set marquise are the bomb. People search years for a piece like that. Why on earth would you want to reset it?

mara54

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is WOW!!!!
emsmilep.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results