shape
carat
color
clarity

Miele Vacuum or other?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Help! We''re living through constructions; lots of dust. We also have a golden retriever who is a little shedding machine.

Things that need vacuuming in our house are hardwood floors and furniture. We don''t have a lot of open space so we''re looking for a vacuum that is not cumbersom. I''ve read good things on this site about the Dyson but the thought of cleaning it out (no bags) gives me the creeps (yuck).

Anyone with Miele experience?

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I have had my miele for quite awhile now and LOVE it.
36.gif
I have looked at the dyson and think it is problem a wonderful machine also. However I will not change from my miele!!! Also I think the miele is easier to maneuver around. Good luck
35.gif

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
probably not problem (I think I have way too much cold medicine)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miele user here! i love my miele!

our house is entirely tiled except for the wood staircase. we also have 7 cats...all indoors.

there are different miele canister vacuums for different uses. don''t pay for more than you need. if you don''t have carpet, you don''t need the really expensive one.

mine is worth every penny i paid. it is the first really good vacuum i''ve ever owned. i''ll never go back!

movie zombie

ps this website has some good info re miele vacuums and allergies/home improvement survival suggestions: http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/acr/acr_03.shtml#survival

Jo

Shiny_Rock
They are pricey. I was thinking of this model without the hepa filter:

http://www.mielevacuums.com/S200intro.html?cat=1&subcat=1&series=1

No need for the extra nozel as we have no carpets. Do you guys have this entry level model?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
mine was not entry level and was no longer made when i bought it two years ago: miele artico. i was fortunate to find it.

i''d have no hesitation in buying the flamenco II...and you''re right: you do not need the electric wand and the smooth floor brush is more than adequate for wood and tile floors.

i bought a 2nd vac to have upstairs and i HATE it: electrolux harmony. i will replace it with another miele.

movie zombie

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Well, still haven''t bought a new GOOD vacuum cleaner
20.gif
But, my friend swears by her Meile. She did mention that the bags were expensive & she has found one that will work for less money. My only comment about the meile was that they were hard to push on higher pile rugs and carpet. But they sure did suck!
2.gif

Good luck!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2006 10:42:38 PM
Author:Jo
Help! We''re living through constructions; lots of dust. We also have a golden retriever who is a little shedding machine.

Things that need vacuuming in our house are hardwood floors and furniture. We don''t have a lot of open space so we''re looking for a vacuum that is not cumbersom. I''ve read good things on this site about the Dyson but the thought of cleaning it out (no bags) gives me the creeps (yuck).

Anyone with Miele experience?
my wife just bought one from Costco, yeah....no dust bags
14.gif
how much are Miele ?

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire - From what I gather the Miele start at around $350.

I still need to get to a dealer and check them out. The key for me is a vacuum that works in tight spaces with lots of dog hair...small, light and powerful. Will let you know.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Miele. It picks everything up and has been going well for the past 5 years. I don't remember what model it is but I had to get extra attachments since I have berber carpet and wood in my house. I also got the HEPA filter for Hubby's allegies. It is compact, not too heavy (manuverable enough for the stairs), and great on pet fur.

The bags are somewhat costly but it beats the bagless/cannister machines. Yuck!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 2:33:15 PM
Author: Chrono
I love my Miele. It picks everything up and has been going well for the past 5 years. I don''t remember what model it is but I had to get extra attachments since I have berber carpet and wood in my house. I also got the HEPA filter for Hubby''s allegies. It is compact, not too heavy (manuverable enough for the stairs), and great on pet fur.

The bags are somewhat costly but it beats the bagless/cannister machines. Yuck!

i can''t even begin to imagine having to clean a bagless machine!

movie zombie

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Dyson vacuum and I absolutely love it. The canister that collects the dirt has a latch and you just hold the canister over the trash can, release the latch, and everything falls into the trash. No mess, no fuss! I have never tried the Miele vacuum but I could do my own commericals for the Dyson!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/23/2006 4:42:15 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I have the Dyson vacuum and I absolutely love it. The canister that collects the dirt has a latch and you just hold the canister over the trash can, release the latch, and everything falls into the trash. No mess, no fuss! I have never tried the Miele vacuum but I could do my own commericals for the Dyson!
MGR
my wife bought one from Costco for $530
6.gif
does it sound right?
33.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF mine wasn''t quite that much but I think they now have an upgraded version. Price probably sounds about right - what a vacuum! Make sure she doesn''t get too close to you with it or you could be gone in a flash!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ok,....help needed.

I bought the Dyson Animal (the old version for $499), and it worked awesome initially. It still does in terms of suction, but here''s my problem.

My dog is a Sheltie, so his hair is LOOOOOOOOOOONG. So long, in fact, that it ends up coating the entire beater brush (getting wrapped around 2-3 times) until the beater brush cannot do it''s job.

The suction on the vacuum is fabulous, but it''s getting the point that I dread vacuuming now because I have to spend 10 min. with a pair of scissors first cutting out the hair from the beater brush.

I cannot be the only one having this problem, and want to find a solution....or alternately a vacuum where this isn''t an issue.

HELP!

Jo

Shiny_Rock
aljdewey - I ended up with the Miele S4210. It has a floor/carpet attachment without the beaters so hair will not roll around. It''s meant for a short pile carpet. The down side for you is that you''d have to drag a canister around. Just to experiment I''d go to a vacuum store with a bag of your dog''s hair and see what they recommend.

I''m really pleased with the vacuum. It has amazing suction. And it''s really light weight so I don''t end up throwing my back out trying to get in and out of tight furniture arrangements.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t find the miele canister to be a problem as regards dragging...but then i have tile.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results