shape
carat
color
clarity

jewelry in curacao

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SpecialK

Rough_Rock
hi,

i will be traveling to Curacao next month and would love to bring back a sparkly souvenir. Has anyone purchased jewelry on this island? Any recommendations?

thanks!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi SpecialK,
Having never been to Curacao, I can not speak to that island specificly. That said I have been to several islands in the caribbean. You must be very careful buying jewelry down there. As an example I was told in one store about this stone they said was an alexandrite. They were going to give such a great deal on it . I could tell by the color that it was syn. color change sapphire. Some places have no laws against misrepresenting the merchandise.
I just think in my mind what if I get home and it is not what they said it was.
Doug

LuvThatBling

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I''ve been there and you are in for a treat! It''s a beautiful island. DH & I were just talking about our trip there last night and it was 3-4 years ago.

They did have some nice jewelry although I don''t remember any specific shops. But as the other poster warned, I''d be very careful about buying jewelry in the Carribean. I have bought some on my travels, but always relatively inexpensive pieces. I feel that way, if they do turn out not to be up to par, I haven''t invested tons of $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results