shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond chipping?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondgator

Rough_Rock
The diamond in my wifes engagement ring has chipped a few times. It is a Princess cut. I didn''t think this was possible. Is there anything I can do at this point?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondgator, If you do a search on princess and chipping I''m sure you will find lots of information on chipped princess cuts. Princesses are prone to chipping especially in the sharp corners and with thin to very thin girdles. These days some princesses are being cut with chamfered corners to try and eliminate chips. I don''t know if there is anything you can do at this point other than maybe having it recut. You would need an expert to chime in on this, though. You should also re-ask this question in Rocky Talky as there is much more traffic there than in the Jewelry section. Just as an aside, I have never had a problem with my princess even when I had it reset last year.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results