shape
carat
color
clarity

creme de la mer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
worth it? i have a tiny gift certificate for saks and wondering if it was worth it to chunk towards a bottle. they''re advertising like crazy in all the bridal mags and i''m looking to look radiant on my big day...well, besides the glow of love of course!
2.gif

if not, any other suggestions? I have dry, slightly sensitive, but not crazy skin. Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only item I liked from them was the serum

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find Beauty Flash Balm by Clarins is brilliant and a heck of a lot cheaper. My skin is sensitive and it works well for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
creme de la mer is REALLY thick and fairly greasy. i read alot about it before i tried it so i knew the pros and cons, and when i got it i could really only use it on my drier spots on my face or else i would get too oily, and people complained about breakouts due to the oils in the cream. really in the end it was just an expensive hand cream (but worked great on my alligator hands!)...

so really i would only recommend it for spot use on dry areas on the face, not as a real all-over face cream UNLESS you have very dry skin then i have heard it works great. i have combination skin where my T is kind of normal and a tiny bit on the oilier side but not by much and my cheeks are typically drier, so i used it on my cheeks but that was almost it.

you can probably get a sample of it from saks to try first!

for my skin i have had good results with the la prairie serums and creams, and also i love oil of olay regenerist line and it doesn''t break the bank!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
My skin is very dry and I did not like it at all, it felt heavier on my skin then glycerin lotions do. It also made my face red and puffy but that could have been fragrance. I ended up giving it away, a very expensive mistake.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
my mother started using it when she turned 50. She says it is great for her older, very dry skin but that she think it isn''t a great idea for younger folks.

seems to work well for her!

I am a fan of Aveeno and Dove, personally. Although I am now tempted by this expensive brand called Korres bc their showergel smells soooooo good.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d try the free samples before plunking down serious cash for it. That''s what I did and found I didn''t like it at all. Too greasy for my skin.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm...i will def ask for a sample before i buy then. my skin is pretty dry, and currently i''m using the Oil of Olay Total effects stuff. i''m okay with it, but not ecstatic. haven''t found my holy grail yet.
9.gif
maybe i''ll start the regenerist stuff now and move up if i''m not happy with it. any other suggestions for creams to try?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
one other random comment about using creams and serums etc.sometimes after i have been using something for a while, i feel like i dont see any sort of positive change and i get bored because i feel like it''s not improving my skin anymore but just keeping it at a static place. if that makes sense.

but then if i stop it for a few weeks, i feel like my skin looks really dull and icky. so when i start using my creams/serums again it seems really like it makes a positive change and i think wait why did i stop?

so i can''t say for sure that any of this stuff actually WORKS but i do know when i stop using anything entirely then i do see kind of a ''backslide'' in how i feel my skin looks and feels. so maybe try some new things and then keep an arsenal of things you are marginally and very happy with so you can mix and match so you (and your skin) doesn''t get bored!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It smells like old lady and made me break out. I even got it half price and then 70% off or something like that every now and then and didn't bother with it.

I'm a simple gal but am now hooked on biologique recherche lotion p-50 and some purifante cream...forgot the exact name. i'll never be without. It's like a month back ordered on beauty habit though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard anything good about La Mer and basically (like everyone has mentioned) it''s excellent for older skin. Olay Total Effects doesn''t work very well on my skin (makes me break out), but the Regenerist stuff made my face feel smoother (I DID use up the entire jar)!

When are you getting married? Probably best not to try out new cream too soon before your wedding!

FWIW, the best products I''ve found for my skin are ones w/AHAs. My face is a lot smoother and glows after using good exfoliators. Standard creams have NEVER improved my skin as much as these products have! (for creams, I use La Prairie Extract of Skin Caviar Complex - super expensive $110, but my skin glows with this, and then I use Estee Lauder Daywear w/spf 15. . .also, the Repairwear line of Clinque smooths my skin too!)

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I use it as a night cream and it''s fantastic. It''s very thick, so it''s not good for me during the day since it makes me oily. But it really makes my skin so smooth and hydrated. I''m a big fan!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 5:32:37 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
hmmm...i will def ask for a sample before i buy then. my skin is pretty dry, and currently i''m using the Oil of Olay Total effects stuff. i''m okay with it, but not ecstatic. haven''t found my holy grail yet.
9.gif
maybe i''ll start the regenerist stuff now and move up if i''m not happy with it. any other suggestions for creams to try?
I am addicted to retinol products. When I turned 32 I started to try everything for wrinkles (Olay Regenerist, lots of Estee Lauder, L''Oreal products, H20) but what I found to be best for my overall skin (ie. wrinkles AND blemishes) is L''Oreal Line Eraser night cream. If your skin is super sensitive you might want to use caution with it. My skin is only mildy sensitive and more dry than oily and from the beginning it was like a miracle cream for me. I get more compliments on my skin than any other physical feature...so I think it works. I tried the H20 brand of retinol and it wasn''t as good. I''ve heard good things about the Roc line of retinol products (from beauty magazines mostly). Another product that was recommended to me (by an esthetician) was the Dermalogica milk face wash (not sure the exact name of it but if you see a product with "milk" in the name, that shoudl be the one). She raved about that and said it was good b/c it kept the ph-level in your skin at the right balance.

Have fun! I am obsessive-compulsive when it comes to facial products...so if you try anything let us know what you think!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
I have a friend who works in cosmetics at Saks so she gave me a bunch of pots to try. I have super dry skin so it''s okay and I used it sometimes when I run out of my moisturizer (eek!!) and it''s pretty good but it''s so thick that it kind of sits on top of your skin for a while. I use Shisedo Revitalizing Emulsion. If you have dry skin, this stuff is awesome. If you don''t, then you''ll end up looking like a grease ball. It''s the only product I have tried that seeps into my skin and keeps it supple ALL day. For me, with most after products it feels okay initially but then my face feels like it needs another dollap in a couple of hours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results