shape
carat
color
clarity

Random Eye Candy...MB Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to post this last week, but I am helping a friend look for her future e-ring and w-ring set and we were at Joe E...they had this MB solitaire platinum setting, no diamonds except for the diamond prong head ala lenhejo's ring...it was really an interesting look. I really did not love the diamond prong tips OR the diamond encrusted head but what I did like was the squareness of the band on the setting...it actually looked AWESOME with my w-ring band!! Part of what I have been secretly coveting is a solitare with no diamonds for my future big stone, but my wedding set has a flat sided band which means things like knife edge or domed rings do not look right with it. This MB solitaire is the first ring I have seen that actually is a solitaire looking good with my w-ring band. Even the salesgal was surprised and said it looked very 'right' with my w-ring. Food for future thought, a square/flat edged solitaire with no diamonds, maybe for my eventual 3.5c ala KristyDarling....yum!

Anyway for those interested here are some images I found, since we have not seen this on here I do not think and I had to search the internet for 10 minutes checking out MB dealers to actually find this setting, here it is. It's $4500 with a diamond encrusted head and prongs and prong tips but no diamonds anywhere on the band. Verra interesting. I had no idea that MB made a ring like this!

michael b petite platinum 4500.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is the other picture i found of it online showing the diamond prongs/head.

Of course the one I tried on had a 3c equivalent CZ in it so maybe that''s why I thought it looked so darn fabulous with my w-ring.
9.gif

michael b diamond prong.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Haha! You could be right
2.gif
Isn''t it amazing how huge stones make settings look sooo yummy?!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the profile pic. Is she getting that setting??

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Mara- question, and I hope it makes sense. Was the band on this ring really squarish meaning the width of the outter side was equal to the inner side? Or was it trapezoidal, meaning the width of the outter side was a little smaller than the inner side??

Just wondering because there is a Tacori that I love and it''s band is what I''m calling trapezoidal and I''ve never seen another band like it. So just wondering!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the band of that setting! I too am not a huge fan of the diamond encrusted head, but I'm also getting to the point where, as lovely as antique inspired pave is, it's just not doing as much for me anymore.

I'm pretty sure that my setting will be very squared off because I wanted a flat pipe cut w-ring, and I wanted them to look like a "set".

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist im not sure...but i think it was more squarish than trap because my w-ring is more squarish flat and this looked great with it. it's hard to describe, it looked more 'flattish' than in those pictures but maybe it's just the visual thing vs the picture thing again that we always run into on here.

i like the idea of getting something like this with a plain head for a different take on the ole regular solitaire setting, square instead of dome or knife edge! Lauren that will be a great looking set!

K no she didn't like the setting, she wants something that is kind of like bead set milgrained pave, matching e-ring and w-ring set...she also adores the MWM buttercup setting...so we're gathering information for when her 'hubby to be' is supposed to come to me for help with everything!! We'll see!
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara, next time you go you should see if they''ll let you take a picture with your wedding band. I would love to see it
1.gif
. I''ve never seen that setting before either but no one anywhere close to me carries Michael b.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought about it MS but I didnt have my camera! They let me take pictures last time I was in there but I don''t know if their policy has changed at all. But that 3c on my hand with my w-ring, swoonable let me tell ya!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh lalaa Mara! Thanks for sharing. It really is stunning!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That e-ring setting was actually in my "final candidates" folder! I, too, adore the squared off shank. I think it gives the ring a unique, up-to-date look yet not "too modern" look. It makes the ring look more substantial, somehow. I guess that's cuz I'm not a huge fan of a super-super-dainty shank on a diamond that is so large. And initially I kind of liked the diamonds along the prongs (but NOT the ones on the prong tips). However, if you're planning on a 3+carat boulder, then I agree -- the encrusted look on the basket/prongs would just be overkill!

Can I just say, though, that $4500 for the setting alone is sheer insanity?!?!?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Kristy I totally agree it''s definitely expensive!! I knew it would be expensive because it''s MB. But it was an unique look that I had not seen yet in a solitaire with the squared off shank and it had the 3c equiv so I was a goner with trying it on. I remember that I think it was Lenhejo who paid something like $8k for the setting he had which was the 3 sided pave with the pave head and pave prongs so I guess 1/2 price for just the pave head makes sense!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WELL, where has THIS gorgeous creation been all my life??! *swoon!*
I ADORE this ring! And wouldn't it look just FABULOUS with my MB lace band???!

PS Yeah, I'm not 1000% C-RAZY about the diamond tipped prongs... at least not in the photo... but maybe in person I could be SWAYED! But overall... I rate that ring... a solid YUM!

MBLace1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
A question... did the width of the shank taper in a little near the stone, or was the ring uniform in width all the way around? It''s hard to tell from the photo...

Thanks,
Lynn

PS It is quite apparent to me, my dear, that you are just going to have to march your little bootie back down to the store and get more information, and take some PICTURES!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Pretty, pretty pleeeeeeeease???!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2006 4:32:01 PM
Author: Lynn B
Mara,
A question... did the width of the shank taper in a little near the stone, or was the ring uniform in width all the way around? It''s hard to tell from the photo...

Thanks,
Lynn

PS It is quite apparent to me, my dear, that you are just going to have to march your little bootie back down to the store and get more information, and take some PICTURES!!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Pretty, pretty pleeeeeeeease???!!!
Man Lynn you don''t ask for much do ya?? Kidding.
31.gif
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hah Lynn...you will have to wait a while, literally I drive by JE every day for work but I never go in, I just think about it. I can never find the time because I am typically rushing to work or rushing to leave...hahaa. I had to plan this thing with my friend a week in advance!!

I can't remember if it tapered in near the top, it did have a big ole honkin 3c stone on it so maybe the taper was obscured by the fat rock, but the pictures I posted above does look like it tapers a bit. If you REALLY want to know, girl, call JE and ask!!
9.gif
It may be a month or so before I actually get back in there!

OH and the other thing that is really hard to see in these lame photos I found online of the ring is the SIDE VIEW if you turn the ring...the head starts IN the shank of the ring which you can see in that 2nd picture, but it starts FLAT and then curves upwards to receive the stone after it has cleared the shank so that is why my ring sits almost flush with it. It is not as though the head starts in the shank of the ring and flares out right away, it kind of goes upwards flat and straight and then flares out above the shank so a ring can sit next to it. It was a cool little flared head thing going on. I wish they had better pictures online!

Oh Lynn it would be fab with the Lace..and maybe MB can make one without the diamond tipped prongs...they have done custom variations before!
11.gif
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the flush prongs were something i discovered when i was researching michael b as a possible upgrade setting. ana posted this awhile back and i saved it. i think it's a great example of what you mean mara.

michaelbflushprongs..jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, Mara... I *guess* I can wait...
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

I just had to come back and get another looksie at that ring.
*sigh!*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MrsS that''s a good example, I circled the area here on this image to show it a bit better for those who don''t know what I mean, but I think that this particular solitaire one seemed to have it even more prominently than the MB princess rings, which I also tried on that same day. The solitaire one started way in the bottom of the shank so had a while where it was straight then flared out. But it was very dramatic and a cool side view!!

ms mb example.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results