shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rounds with trillions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
I''d love to see everyones rb centers with trillion sides...thanks!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Here is one that I found on artofplatinum.com (created by Leon Mege)...

Round with Trillions

~Hope that helps!!
2.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Headlight''s is the only one I can think of

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the low res pics! I''ll try and post a wedding set shot later when I''ve a little more time....

LMering.JPG

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
These are all so beautiful!

bling*diva* I''m such a big fan of Leon Mege''s work, he''s sure got some beauties, I love that one with ruby sides, is that yours just_looking!? Gorgeous!!!

sevens, headlights is such a stunner! I can''t get over how huge it is! Mine certainly won''t be that big but it gives me a good idea of how trillions will look.

Thanks you guys!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2005 6:37:42 AM
Author: just_looking!
Sorry for the low res pics! I''ll try and post a wedding set shot later when I''ve a little more time....
Waaait a minute! Aren''t these the first hand pics of your beauty?

Totally worth the wait... Any chance to see more much welcome, of course
2.gif

1192Fa.JPG

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I forgot about headlight''s ring!! That ring is huge!!
30.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Just_looking, where''s the thread on your GORGEOUS ring??!! It''s so beautiful. The rubies are divine!!!
30.gif
More pictures please.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Whilst I''m on a roll posting pics, here are a couple of mine with the curved wedding ring.......

justlooking.CRW_2139.jpg

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
last one for now!

justlooking.CRW_2142a.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That is so kind of you to post mine, Sevens One! Too bad those photos make the stones look like garbage!!! Honestly, it doesn''t look that large in person -- looks pretty ugly if you asked me in those photos.

Now, just_looking''s ring is to die for! I love it, it is absolutely perfect in all aspects. Such a gorgeous shank, v-tip prongs, etc. Mine is not nearly as nice as that. Also, I love the band. Would love to see a hand shot with both.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Just Looking, your wedding set is gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Are you getting a ring with side trillions? I originally had a .90 RB with side trillions and didn''t like it. The trillions were very small but they still overshadowed my RB. (They were the same width as my RB so it all just blended together)
40.gif
Trillions also tend to be dull due to their shallowness. Just a thought.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I know the photos of mine are horrible (it really IS pretty in person, I swear!), but if it is done right, and that is a big "if", the trills can look really great. I really think they should not be any larger than what fits "within" the prongs that hold the center stone, and even then they could go a little smaller. Also, they REALLY need to match the same color as the center stone (if you are using all diamonds). Also, I have not seen many where they were set "flush" against the center stone like mine and just_looking''s rings are set. My friend loved my ring and had a jeweler (not mine) make a round center w/ trill sides for her and even though she emphasized it be set totally flush and her jeweler assured her it would be, it still really isn''t. As far as dullness is concerned, they do have a different facet pattern than a round, so that might not be what some people care for. It is more of a subtle "twinkling" effect, one of which I personally really like because it is more subtle, so it does, for me at least, allow the center RB to stand out. As for it looking like all the bling blends together, I think that when you look at three-stone ring combinations, whether the center is a RB or a radiant or an emerald, etc., that is just sort of the "look" you get when you pair it with side trills, so you either love it or not. You definitely get a lot of "flash" for the money! Funny, when I got engaged in 1989, I was looking at using trills for the sides but my hubby-to-be was turned off by that big "flash" look -- however, fastforward to 2004 (when I had this current ring made), he was the one who picked out the trills!!! I was leaning toward baguettes or pears (I already had an all round three-stone so was looking for a change) and he insisted on the trills.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
The prongs of my trillions were actually outside of the prongs of my round. Even though I emphasized that I did not want it that way, that is the way it was made. (I guess the size of the trills did not allow for it to be made the way I envisioned it)
40.gif
Mine was also set very flush, with no space inbetween. Strangely, I think I would have preferred some space between the three diamonds. In the end, I ended up exchanging it for a different setting, which I absolutely LOVE! It is a cushion-shaped halo with diamonds around the center RB and small 1 pointers halfway down the band. I didn''t know about halos at the time (when I got the trillion mounting). I am sure glad I found Pricescope to help me in that decision. It is my dream ring and I don''t think I will ever want another setting!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results