shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set rounds - difficult to keep clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ring a ring

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any experience with a ring of channel set rounds. I''m looking for my wedding band and I prefer this setting for rounds over any other and the princess cuts look great in the shops but I wasn''t sure how they''d look in daylight - rounds always look sparklier. But in the channel setting are they really hard to keep clean?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2005 2:23:39 AM
Author:Ring a ring
Anyone have any experience with a ring of channel set rounds. I'm looking for my wedding band and I prefer this setting for rounds over any other and the princess cuts look great in the shops but I wasn't sure how they'd look in daylight - rounds always look sparklier. But in the channel setting are they really hard to keep clean?
Hi Ring a Ring and welcome
35.gif
Many Pser's have channel sets and don't find they are too much of a problem to clean, ultrasonic machines are a good method by all accounts. My Hubby's wedding ring has channel set diamonds and I clean it carefully by soaking it then cleaning around and behind the diamonds with a wooden cocktail stick which gets the gunk out yet isn't damaging. Rounds may arguably look sparklier than Princess cuts, they are the leaders of the " light brigade" but I am sure Princesses if well cut will have plenty of sparkle and look great - see if the shop will let you inspect the ring in daylight, some will. Bear in mind all diamonds will perform differently according to the lighting conditions. Hope this helps and please post pics of your ring when you get it
36.gif

You can always do a search for channel set and you will find lots of examples and advice.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I have a half set channel setting with round diamonds and I don''t find it anymore difficult then any other rings( although I don''t have an e-ring to compare to, I have other rings..ehehe) and like Lorelei said, if you have the ultrasonic machine theres ZERO concern.. but I don''t have one and still find it great! I bring it to the jewelers to have it cleaned once in a while.. but its a nice ring! :)
best of luck in finding what you''re looking for!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding band has two rows of invisible-set princess cuts (my e-ring is a RB). I originally wanted channel set rounds, but our jeweler insisted they get dirty in between. I think it was a valid argument...I don''t think he meant that the diamonds wouldn''t necessarily sparkle as much, but the crevices in between the rounds tend to get lotion, dust, etc. in them if you don''t clean your rings everyday. I really like the look of the princesses--it''s a very clean, classic look and I don''t feel they conflict with my center stone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results