shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies who have a white/ivory/off white winter coat...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Im purchasing an off white winter coat this year. I have always worn a black coat in the winter, so i have always worn black gloves with either a black or gray scarf, a multicolor scarf, or my Burberry tan plaid scarf with the red and black stripes.

now, with a white coat, am I limited to a white scarf and white gloves? would it look weird to wear white gloves with my tan/black/red burberry scarf?

Im SO fashion inept, i swear.

34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fun thing about a winter white coat is you can have fun with adding color to it. Add different color gloves and scarf, have fun with it. If you went all off white it would be boring to me??

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think white head to toe can look very put together, but a bit of color can really brighten things up! I have a winter white coat and I wear black and black or sometimes add a colorful silk scarf for fun.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
One of mine is a cream/winter white color and I put colorful scarves with it all the time! It is harder for me to do that with a colored coat (red, blue or green) but I guess you haven enough color that way anyway, but with blacks and whites I have fun with the colors. Plus, I''ve only had one white scarf but I always ended up getting make up on it
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
white!? what a great palatte! anything goes. find some scarves that you just love and have some fun!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love black gloves with white. So chic! Not for me b/c I''m a slob

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Burberry certainly thinks it matches! (although that looks slightly pink on my screen) LOL...I think it is pink! But picture it white LOL

burberry.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 11:30:29 PM
Author: moremoremore
Burberry certainly thinks it matches! (although that looks slightly pink on my screen) LOL...I think it is pink! But picture it white LOL
lol...you are tooo funny mmm

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hee hee a winter coat!!! i have one long ankle length black wool one from ann taylor or someone, and i bought it for our trips to the east coast in the winter. the rest of the time around here, i just wear a corduroy or velvet short jacket or a leather jacket or something or sometimes just a big wool sweater...i am so spoiled with our mild weather. greg is right when he says i would DIE if we ever moved. even though i like to entertain ideas of living in a colder and cheaper climate, he is probably right. damn!!

i love the idea of a white winter coat with color!! is it a wool coat or something fairly decadent feeling? i'd pair it with a colorful scarf and matching gloves if you are feeling sassy, a dark rich red would be great with a winter white for the holidays!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a big fan of winter white, especially coats... I am asking for a J.Crew one this year. I also happen to be a fan of monochromatic color schemes--I thought about putting some camel gloves and scarf/hat with it and wearing it with camel wool pants. I think it would look pretty hot with black too. As far as bright colors I guess you could say I''m pretty boring, but I just prefer a very classic look.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 12:28:45 PM
Author: monarch64
I am a big fan of winter white, especially coats... I am asking for a J.Crew one this year. I also happen to be a fan of monochromatic color schemes--I thought about putting some camel gloves and scarf/hat with it and wearing it with camel wool pants. I think it would look pretty hot with black too. As far as bright colors I guess you could say I''m pretty boring, but I just prefer a very classic look.

OOOH which one are you asking for? I ordered the snow colored double cloth lady day coat from J Crew!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha Ha Punch N Pie...I am coveting the very same one!!! I heart J.Crew! And all its classic splendour! That coat is absolutely beautiful, and I have only seen it online and in the catalog. Have you tried it on in real life? Do you know if it runs long or true to size?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 11:43:13 PM
Ha Ha Punch N Pie...I am coveting the very same one!!! I heart J.Crew! And all its classic splendour! That coat is absolutely beautiful, and I have only seen it online and in the catalog. Have you tried it on in real life? Do you know if it runs long or true to size?

I tried it on in the store the other day. It was a regular length and the sleeves and length were good for me, and Im 5''4". The sales girl said these coats fit more snug because of their silhouette but really I tried on the size 10 which I am now and it fit like a glove. I think what she meant was that it was a more tailored feel or something, but the size was right. i also heart J Crew! I have two other coats from there from years ago and will not buy a coat anywhere else! they always fit so nicely. I had ordered originally the plaza coat in ivory, but returned it because it felt too heavy and because of my Italian booty the vent in the back would not lay flat so it made me look even fatter. lol

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hello ladies -- i just took the winter white plunge -- i was hesitant at first because i was afraid it would get soooo dirty, but i figured that i''m an adult now and i can handle having a beautiful coat. it''s a present from my papa actually -- which is so sweet -- because like mara, i completely detest cold weather!!!! i grew up in NY, but went to college in N.C. and then have spent the last three years in New Orleans. moving back up to colder climates is going to be rough this winter -- so i made sure to get the added thinsulate!

here''s mine. it''s on sale
emstar.gif

prettycoat.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovelylulu and PunchnPie:
Now I have reached a dilemma...which coat to buy? I had my heart set on the single breasted winter white J.Crew coat, but now that the double-breasted one is on sale, what''s a girl to do? I also informed hubby today that I would need a little extra clothing allowance...he told me "go to the store Saturday, pick out what you want, and I''ll come pay for it. I''m not spending 8 hours in a store waiting for you to try stuff on!" Bless his little pea-pickin'' heart, as my mother used to say. I used a little trick I learned from my mother on him, that is, I gave him one figure including the coat, and one without (the bargain price!), saying he could get the coat for me for Christmas. It totally worked. Now I just have to convince him to buy it all together and hold back the coat for me until December in case it''s sold out by then! I know it''s terribly conniving of me, but what are feminine wiles for if you don''t use them? It''s way better than taking his credit card and hiding the bags in the trunk, right?
emwink.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG you are right! that double breasted coat is adorable! i picked the other one because i have a coat thats single breasted already and love it, and I have a double breasted pea coat that drive me crazy because i feel like i am "wrapping" myself in it when i button it (i know im weird). but oooh this one is nice!!!

Lulu you will love the thinsulate to keep you warm...its a must!

monarch you are too funny!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, so all this time I have been ordering online from J.Crew...I finally get the o.k. to go into the store here and "bend" the bank, and as it turns out, they had a smidgen of the selection that the online store and catalogs offer! Now, I am 5''10" and wear a size 10...do you think they had anything for tall gals? Nada. Any coats with thinsulate already in them? No. I was sorely disappointed, but did pick up two hoodies with elbow patches in brown and ivory and a tank, all for $48. I called hubby on the way to a different store and told him I was going to have to place an online order and he agreed, BUT, I am so sad I didn''t get to come home with a few shopping bags TODAY!!! PunchnPie, the double cloth single-breasted is a lot prettier IMHO than the double breasted in person. I am totally digging it. I have to say that although I heard many times throughout my retail career that petite women have a hard time finding things, it is equally hard to be a tall girl! It looked to me like they had plenty of petite, or "short" (relative term) sizes in pants, etc, but nothing in talls. Which is sad because now I have to pay shipping charges! Hopefully if I spend a certain amount they will cut out the shipping costs, but I''m not sure. I know that Gap does the free shipping on orders over $150, but I don''t know about J.Crew. Ahhh, live and learn!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch I noticed the same thing...the retail stores have a smidgen of whats in the catalog!!!

I went there to see the single breasted coat in person and they had only a few, in two colors, and none with the thinsulate.

BUT...the sales girl told me if I ordered my coat directly through the store and not online, there is no shipping charge. So you might want to check into that if you dont want to order online.

I had a coupon code for free shipping over $150 at jcrew.com and my coat was over that so the shipping was free. Here is the code: LK-526 It expires at 11:59 PM EST Sunday Nov 13th so hurry!!!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emteeth.gif
Yay!!! I just placed my order and got free shipping thanks to PunchnPie! Ok, so I still didn''t order a coat, just can''t make up my mind, plus it''s supposed to be my Christmas present so I wil let hubby actually order it, BUT I ended up ordering 3 shirts, 1 jacket, 1 sweater, and 4 pairs of pants for $470! TG for the internet...I got all the tall sizes! Now I can get through winter without having frozen wrists and ankles! Thanks again PunchnPie for your help and the coupon code. Aside from jewelry, pricescope is without a doubt one of my favorite things in life!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/13/2005 10:09:27 PM
emteeth.gif
Yay!!! I just Ok, so I still didn't order a coat, just can't make up my mind, plus it's supposed to be my Christmas present so I wil let hubby actually order it

LOL!!! after all that coat talk...heehee and yay you go the tall sizes! (i would kill for 3, even 2 more inches of height!)

Wow all that for that cheap at jcrew is a steal!!! the sweaters i always want from them are like $150 a piece, so expensive(cashmere) and I cut myself off shopping for a while so I have to just dream of cashmere...LOL

[$$)]
36.gif
[$$)]
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all!!!
19.gif
I just received an email from J.Crew...all sale items are an additional 25% off til Monday the 21st! The coats which we were discussing above are on sale, except the only ones actually on sale are jade green or pink! Boo J.Crew!!! Why not ivory?! They must''ve read our posts and figured ivory was in high demand. LOL. I got my first shipment of my clothing order tonight (two of my items are back-ordered...velveteen pants in midnight and a Wellesley cable sweater vest in brown). I ordered tall sizes in pants and for the first time in my life I''m going to have to have them hemmed!!! I always thought 5''10" was pretty tall for a woman, but apparently "tall" means "super tall!" I also got two of the french cuffed oxford shirts...they are beautiful and fit so nicely--I highly recommend. The quality is excellent. Thanks again PNP for the coupon code!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results