shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s the least expensive gift you received for your wedding?...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
We received two dime store dishtowels with weird mushrooms all over it. But, that person was a struggling single mother; so, I understood.

That said, is the Mother of the Groom supposed to give a gift? Mine seemed to think that the rehearsal dinner at some decrepted old "use to be all that" place w/ rubber food & no alchohol as the "gift".
20.gif

It may be changing; but, it is considered quite rude to give a gift of money (except for very close family members and friends) here in my neck of the woods (southeast).

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, some of these gifts are just darn tragic! Suprisingly, we got a lot of no gifts, no cards.

I don''t really care, but one of my best guy friends didn''t get us a gift (and does really well) and now is getting married and wants us to fly out to Hawaii. I am excited to go and can''t wait, but I almost feel like saying, you want me to spend $1500.00 on airfair and hotel alone and you can''t buy us a gift? I know that is a terrible way to think, but I am just being really honest. shame on me
emsmilep.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/16/2005 6:25:22 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
Oh my goodness, some of these gifts are just darn tragic! Suprisingly, we got a lot of no gifts, no cards.

I don''t really care, but one of my best guy friends didn''t get us a gift (and does really well) and now is getting married and wants us to fly out to Hawaii. I am excited to go and can''t wait, but I almost feel like saying, you want me to spend $1500.00 on airfair and hotel alone and you can''t buy us a gift? I know that is a terrible way to think, but I am just being really honest. shame on me
emsmilep.gif
what''s the rule?
34.gif
isn''t the bride & groom suppose to pick up the tap?.
33.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if there is a rule, I have even been the MOH for a wedding in Hawaii and still paid my own airfare, she did get our room though so that helped :). But we have been to a lot of destination weddings and have always paid our own airfare and hotel cost- But they were always worth it. I love destination weddings~

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Probably the least expensive gift we received was from my 11-year old cousin. He gave us 2 packs of alphabet refrigerator magnets. What a cutie!
1.gif
They''re great for scrabble.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results