shape
carat
color
clarity

Caffeine freaks- what is your favorite kind of coffee, and how do you take it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/6/2005 1:34:06 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Good ol'' Tim Hortons coffee here minus the donuts
31.gif
hehe, too funny... I miss Tim Horton''s! They are everywhere in Buffalo, but not a one in Philadelphia where we live now.

My little brother used to play junior up in a little town in Canada, and the first time I went up there I was amazed to see that EVERYONE showed up at the game with a cup of Tim Horton''s coffee! I guess it was the local hangout
9.gif
Canadians sure like their Tim Horton''s! but who can blame them? hehe

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Anyone tried the new Dunkin Donut''s flavored coffees? They have some new sugar-free flavorings, and they let you add up to 3 flavors...so far, my favorite is Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Toasted Almond- all together....tastes like Smores! Yum!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
lilyinct,

Thanks for the heads up on Sugar free syrup at DD. Not sure if our city has a DD but I will hunt done that allusive smores combo you have created. Your recipe actually sounds like a jelly belly recipe....Yum Yum.

Door Knob

Hamster

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/7/2005 10:29:43 AM
Author: jellybean

Date: 10/7/2005 12:26:48 AM
Author: Hamster

Date: 10/6/2005 1:34:06 PM
Author: CdnBlingGal
Good ol'' Tim Hortons coffee here minus the donuts
31.gif
I like Tim Hortons with two sour cream glazed timbits.
18.gif
Every time I''m in TO visitng the BF, I go to the Tim Horton''s down the street to get my fix in the morning. He laughs because I always get two timbits, instead of just buying a donut.
My husband''s best friend is ADDICTED to Tim Horton''s coffee! We don''t have any here in the Chicago area so he orders it and has it shipped to him.
Jellybean - we need to lobby Tim Hortons to open one in Chicago. Need to stop the infestation of Starbucks and Dunkin'' Donuts!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just tried my very first Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte this weekend and all I can say is YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY!!!!!!!!

W
30.gif
W....I''m in love.

I actually was going to order my standard (caramel macchiato) but it''s Halloween weekend and all...and to be honest, I was a little afraid of the pumpkin spice latte. So the clerk told me that if I didn''t like it, she''d make me another drink, and I tried it. Well, she needn''t have worried...it was SO GOOD. I had to get another one this morning.
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto Madam Bijoux! I use and love every brand you mentioned. We Like buying whole beans and grinding them up. it makes the whole house smell so good!

I also have a weakness for Starbucks flavored coffees (Maybe I just like the whipped cream and sauces). Only my bf gets to drink coffee right now though. I''ve been trying to stay away from caffeine since I have a little one on the way, but man I''m about to cave..........

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2005 2:29:48 PM
Author: VegasAngel
I also have a weakness for Starbucks flavored coffees (Maybe I just like the whipped cream and sauces). Only my bf gets to drink coffee right now though. I''ve been trying to stay away from caffeine since I have a little one on the way, but man I''m about to cave..........
Decaf! Decaf! Can you have that??? My SIL and her husband are trying...so she had a decaf frap yesterday.
1.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess, I should try decaf coffee (With whipped cream & sauce). I''ve been trying to cure my chronic sweet tooth. The farther along I get into my pregnancy the worse it''s getting. My eating habits were really good but are going down the drain. All I do is dream about coffee, Marie Calendar pies, & ice cream. I swear my daughter is going to be born with ADD if I don''t stop eating the trick-or-treaters candy.
9.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
If I''m in the SF Bay Area, PEETS latte. There is no better coffee than Peets. As a college student I used to hang out at the original Peets on Walnut Square in Berkeley. Down here in Carlsbad, its Starbucks Grande Triple Decaf Latte. We have Peets down here too, but the one close to my monthly real estate meetings is in Carmel Valley and that Peets really doesn''t measure up to Bay Area standards.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and my next door neighbor in Palo Alto, an Armenian family that I grew up next to, taught us how to make Armenian coffee (otherwise known as Turkish coffee) that you serve in those tiny demitasse cups. Delicious. It does need sugar though . . .

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Portoar, neat of you to mention Turkish coffee. My bf''s mother is Armenian & she makes Turkish coffee. After we finish, her mother plays "fortune teller" and reads the grinds. Man would I love a cup right now.......no,no,no!

Jr22

Shiny_Rock
Best Coffee that I''ve ever had by far is Columbian coffee, LOL don''t laugh it''s true.

Ok here''s the story, well not much of one, BUT my aunt is from Cali, Columbia and still has family there. Well one time when I was visiting my aunt and uncle she gave me a pound of REAL Columbian coffee beans that she brought back with her from Columbia. I really didn''t think much of it, Ithought, hey you can buy any coffee that says it is 100% Columbian coffee beans, even Starbucks. WELL, let me tell you whatever national brand or any brand you see here in the states, when they say 100% they are lying because I''ve NEVER had such smooth, rich coffee in my life. Now, I drink coffee with a little cream and a little sugar, and usually can''t stand coffee black because of the bitterness HOWEVER, I could drink this coffee black and there was no bitterness whatsoever and was soooo smooth. So now I make sure that when she goes back to visit I always ask her to bring me back some coffee. YUM!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have also had Turkish coffee, made for me by a Turkish friend and she did ''read my fortune'' in the grounds after. It was really neat. But I guess I am a coffee wimp, cuz MAN is that stuff strong...I''d''ve needed a quarter cup of sugar and a cup of milk to make it taste the way I wanted it to! A little too strong for me! But the fortune telling is fun.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
My current favorite is Starbuck''s iced white chocolate mocha. I had one yesterday because we were driving by Starbuck''s and I had a craving! YUM!!

I always need tons of sugar and cream in my coffee. The real stuff, not the non-fat sugar or cream.
9.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 11:32:27 AM
Author: FireGoddess
I have also had Turkish coffee, made for me by a Turkish friend and she did ''read my fortune'' in the grounds after. It was really neat. But I guess I am a coffee wimp, cuz MAN is that stuff strong...I''d''ve needed a quarter cup of sugar and a cup of milk to make it taste the way I wanted it to! A little too strong for me! But the fortune telling is fun.
I did say it needs sugar! And only drink one teeny cup or you''ll be zinging around the ceiling all day long . . . !

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 11:13:50 AM
Author: Jr22
Best Coffee that I''ve ever had by far is Columbian coffee, LOL don''t laugh it''s true.

Ok here''s the story, well not much of one, BUT my aunt is from Cali, Columbia and still has family there. Well one time when I was visiting my aunt and uncle she gave me a pound of REAL Columbian coffee beans that she brought back with her from Columbia. I really didn''t think much of it, Ithought, hey you can buy any coffee that says it is 100% Columbian coffee beans, even Starbucks. WELL, let me tell you whatever national brand or any brand you see here in the states, when they say 100% they are lying because I''ve NEVER had such smooth, rich coffee in my life. Now, I drink coffee with a little cream and a little sugar, and usually can''t stand coffee black because of the bitterness HOWEVER, I could drink this coffee black and there was no bitterness whatsoever and was soooo smooth. So now I make sure that when she goes back to visit I always ask her to bring me back some coffee. YUM!
My mom went to Cuba and has raved about the coffee every since. She said it''s totally like drinking velvet, she''s kicking herself for not bringing more home with her!

I need things like whipped cream!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Yep you are both right on with the Turkish coffee it is really strong and needs lots of sugar & you will be bouncing off the walls. Good stuff!
18.gif

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
Starbucks Espresso Roast with Silk french vanilla soy creamer. Can''t function without it!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
If I''m having coffee at home I use coffeemate flavored creamer. Right now I''m working on a bottle of Cinnamon Vanilla Creme, but the standards are French Vanilla and Hazelnut.
If I''m at Starbucks it''s either the Caramel Machiatto (when I want something extra sweet) or Vanilla Latte (less sweet mood).

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Not a fan of Starbucks (well, they''re good, but the other chains around here are better). Peet''s and Dietrich''s are much more preferred. Even Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Has anyone heard of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee? On our honeymoon cruise, we stopped in Ocho Rios and they kept pushing the stuff. We bought some for gifts but I still have a bag at home that I haven''t gotten around to trying. Just wondering if it really is something famous like they all claim down there.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I love Dunkin Donuts coffee, I think they are the best for regular coffee. When I go to Starbucks I get the Pumpkin Spice Latte...SO GOOD!
18.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also a convert to Intelligenstia''s coffee, but don''t drink it every day.
Bllack cat coffee is a great blend if you like strong coffee; It''s strong! but it still tastes good, (not so bitter).
My husband (really his whole family) are big coffee drinkers, I more drink tea. My favorite Intelligenstia tea is Nilgiri; green earl gray probably second.

I have to admit my connection; my husband''s brother works for Intelligenstia. He has a great job where he gets to travel to exotic places learning about coffee; they really know their stuff! Though I''m biased, if it wasn''t for him I wouldn''t have found out about their coffees and teas.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results