shape
carat
color
clarity

Leach & Garner gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
My mother has very sensitive ears and can only wear platinum and Leach & Garner earrings (I believe it is nickel-free?). I did a quick search online but didn''t come up with much. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of this, and knows where I can shop online. A local jeweler carries it, but I would prefer not to shop there at all. My mother only has three pairs of earrings she can wear and I''d like to get her some for Christmas.

Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2005 11:04:32 AM
Author:orbaya
My mother has very sensitive ears and can only wear platinum and Leach & Garner earrings (I believe it is nickel-free?).

I assume that 24K gold would also be an alternative. If you like the look, it opens up a huge world of possibilities...and it is not prohibitively expensive (unless you go for a big name designer, of course)!

Deborah

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. So 24kt is good for sensitive ears? Is because there is less alloy, or just nickel?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
QVC sells a whole line of Leach and Garner jewelry.
1.gif
Ted Leach is on there all the time!!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2005 3:54:42 PM
Author: kaleigh
QVC sells a whole line of Leach and Garner jewelry.
1.gif
Ted Leach is on there all the time!!
They do?!?! Thanks for sharing...I'm going to check them out right now!
36.gif

eta: I just checked out Qvc.com and Leach & Garner isn't listed as a vendor there.
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can call them toll free and ask for a product finder. I know they sell that line as I've seen it on there many times. Maybe it's just not on their website.

ETA: Silly me it's under the name of Eterna .Gold!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2005 3:50:08 PM
Author: orbaya
Thanks. So 24kt is good for sensitive ears? Is because there is less alloy, or just nickel?

I was assuming that 24K gold contains no alloys, and thus no nickel :).

Deb

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
So is 24kt gold "pure gold"...like how it comes out of the mines? I guess i always thought there was something in it? I know that the higher the karat, the less alloy and more gold there is, thus it is softer.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/18/2005 2:28:39 PM
Author: orbaya
So is 24kt gold ''pure gold''...like how it comes out of the mines?

Yes, but I believe that the technical description of 24K gold (help, me one of you jewelers!) is 99.99% gold. I would look it up myself, but I have to drive my daughter to dance class.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results