shape
carat
color
clarity

pricing question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tch77

Rough_Rock
Could anyone tell me how much $$ I might expect to get for this diamond if I were to sell it? Any recommendations as to whom or how I might sell it to get the best deal?

EGL certified
1.00 carat total weight
SI1 clarity
E color

The measurements are 5.68*5.62*4.37mm.

Thanks so much!
TCH
1.gif

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
You can input your information at the top of the page where it says "Pricescope your diamond" to find out what a diamond of your quality and size goes for.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
reselling a diamond is a lot harder than buying one
1.gif
You'd be lucky to get about 1/3 of what you paid. if you enter "selling a diamond" in the search box a bunch of threads will pop up with some info you might find helpful. EGL certs tend to be a little more liberal in their grading. A well cut round should have a diameter of 6.5mm. Your's is facing up smaller than a ideal cut 1 carat and carrying it's extra weight somewhere..this is going to make it harder to sell too. I'd probably try to find a local jeweler to take a look at it and see if they will consign it for you. it make take a little longer than out right selling it but you might get a little more $$ for it.

Here's a great thread to get you started link Good Luck..

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I second everything already said. Except that you didn''t note what shape the diamond was. Just being curious.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be prepared for a big loss. Sad but true!!
2.gif

tch77

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for the input. For the record, it is a round cut diamond. I also tried to pricescope it but had a hard time judging a price, considering that most of the full carat round diamonds had a diameter greater than 6mm and mine is less than that. Not really sure how much of a $$ difference that would make. It''s got a thicker girth, so I think that''s where the extra weight is coming from. Thanks also for the link to the other thread. I''m definitely going to check out consignment.

Thanks again.
TCH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results