shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help Choosing a Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eagles32

Rough_Rock

Hello, everyone.

I came across PS a couple weeks ago when I started doing some searches on the Web for rings and settings. I think I am even more confused on what I want to buy than I was before I got started. :) I''ve seen some very nice rings in this forum. I am surprising my girlfriend with the proposal therefore I have not asked for her input. I do know, however, that she likes classic contemporary style jewelry.

I met with my jeweler yesterday and picked out a nice cushion stone. It is a G, SI1, 1.3 carat stone, however I asked him to find a stone with similar specs in a 1.5 to 1.6 carat.

I am now going back-and-forth concerning what I want for the setting. He talked me out of stones surrounding the center stone so that the small stones do not take away from the beauty of the center stone. I agree with him.

Here are a few settings that I like. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/herooftheday/Amanda-Madar-2.jpg
www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=592&cat_id=1
www.estatediamondjewelry.com/fullsize.cfm?int_item_id=61
www.artofplatinum.com/gallery/r081-18W.jpg
Any idea how much a Leon in a similar setting would cost? If I purchase a Leon ER am I pretty much guaranteeing myself I will need to buy a Leon WB?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-finally-finds-a-home-in-quest-manufacturing-custom-vintage-tiffany-inspired-setting.29473/

The final setting I saw in In Style magazine. www.gottlieb-sons.com. Style # 26664.

Then I saw a Tiffany Classic 6-Prong setting and thought I could just get a bigger 1.75 carat stone and put it in that setting. Just not sure.

Thanks in advance!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My favorite are the first two and the Leon Mege. Do you have a favorite of all of those? Its important that both of you like the ring. When in doubt, Leon will not disappoint you.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the first and the Leon Mege. Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results