shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED HELP WITH CLEANING REAL FAST

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had my e-ring band "shaved down" so it didn''t stick out so far into my palm past my other rings...I noticed some polishing stuff (it''s black/gray) on my stone and started cleaning it. On the girdle next to a prong I havea feather that "breaks" the girdle. In that spot is a little of that polishing stuff and Im struggling to get it off. I don''t have an ultrasonic to clean it with.

Any ideas on how to get it out? It''s driving me insane.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Can you wait until the morning so you can go to the jeweler to have them clean it for you?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are no jewelers open on a Sunday, definitely not one I trust with my ring.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont know if this will work...but what about the steam function on your iron?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. I could probably open that up from the box it came in huh.

I guess I could try the waterpik idea i was thinking about. Its just something that I feel like needs "blasted out". The stuff on the surface came off easily.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2005 10:40:58 PM
Author: Jelly
Can you wait until the morning so you can go to the jeweler to have them clean it for you?

This is ame ... she''s got OCD
31.gif

(sorry I can''t be of any help, I just use the ol'' toothbrush and liquid soap myself)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes if you have a steam iron try that. If not do you have a steam cleaner for shirts and stuff??? Otherwise try the SS and run your ring under very hot water and see if that helps.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just did 4 rounds of the SS (see, 4s) and rinsed in super hot water, and used the waterpik pretty high setting, then all the way high setting with really hot water...got some of it, not all. Im going to see on MOnday if I can have the guy just clean it out with whatever he has. I am not sure I wanna keep pounding the setting with the waterpik hard like that and scrubbing.

I might use the steam curlers tomorrow morning and maybe when I hook that up Ill steam it first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results