shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone ring with Jubilee or square H&A?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Remember me? The girl who loved her princess 3-stone ring? Well, that girl doesn''t live here anymore. She now *likes* the princess ring and is considering going with a Jubilee or square H&A. (I am SO out of control!)

So here''s my question, or questions, in this case:
Can I get away with just swapping out the center princess for a Jubilee or square H&A? I know it''s a matter of taste, blah blah blah. But...do you think it would look weird? The side stones aren''t huge: 40 points each. Or should I go with a different shape for the sides? Bumping up to the Jubilee/square H&A means a cost increase that I don''t think I could bear with the side stones as well. Thoughts? Ideas? Disparaging remarks?

Between the Jubilee and square H&A, which is more square? One of the things I do like about my princess is the square shape. It''s austere bordering on severe, which I find strangely attractive. (Maybe they should use diamonds for Rorschach tests!) Would how the center stone is set help make it appear more square? And if I kept the princess sides, would that increase the squareness?

Or maybe I should just keep the princess and put the extra money toward a diamond stud upgrade.
41.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
41.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/41.gif" align="absMiddle border=0">

Thanks any and all for input. I feel like I''m being so annoying.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you ever post pix?? I''m sure it would be MUCH easier to help you if we could really SEE what you''re seeing.

In terms of replacing a Princess with a Square H&A or Jubilee ... go over to Gold Old Gold for pix of those stones, they have rounded or cut corners and would require a different head/setting than Princess stones do (at least I think that''s so ... not an expert by any means)

I don''t think I personally would like mixed squarish stones in a three stone ring - those are very different cuts.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you like the square shape of the princess...stick with the princess. to me, the cut-cornered squares look more like rounds than squares. also, they tend to look smaller for the carat weight...and the price tag is usually higher.
14.gif

i say go for the studs.
2.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ever so for your input. It is so appreciated!!

Alas, I never posted the pictures of the ring. I''m a bit inept at that sort of thing and need my husband''s help to post, and he''s buried at work. I know that would really help.

Your thoughts about mixing the shapes sound dead-on. Probably not the best idea in the world. And, Belle, I think you may be right about going with an actual square if I like squares. That makes good sense. :)

Thanks again for your help, advice and wisdom. And I promise to post ring pix. No, really!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sure your ring is beautiful. You might just need time to get used to it ... buyer''s remorse is SO common on big purchases ... but you should remember, you know yourself and you picked it for a reason: i.e. Squares are "you".

Sit with your decision a bit longer maybe? AND POST PIXX!!! Pretty please ... I love square stones too

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
I think you''re right. I''m going to take a big breath and chill out before making any rash decisions.

Thanks for the insight. Your replies have given me some much needed perspective!

PS I''ll beg hubby to help me post pix tonight.
1.gif
'');" height=15 alt="Insert smilie
1.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif" width="15 border=0">

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results