shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these 3 ring design do you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

99atlantic

Rough_Rock
Which of these designs do you prefer the most. All of them are 22K yellow gold mount, with a 14mm ruby attached in the center. Here are the variations:

A)
AJRing.jpg

it has a 23k white gold band going around the outer edge, and 2 23k white gold V mounts at the top. 5 diamonds are on each side of the ring, arrayed into a V.

B)
AJRing2.jpg

Same concept as above, except the diamonds are now bead set into the white gold

C)
AJRing3.jpg

I removed the diamonds and instead of using white gold, i''m using platinum as the offset (so platinum around the band, as well as platinum Vs on top).....I removed the diamonds because I couldn''t decide if they were too ''frilly'' for a man''s ring.

I keep rotating my preference between A and C. THe problem with A is that sometimes i get the feeling the diamonds make it more feminine, and C looks cleaner and more masculine. Thoughts?

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
They all look masculine to me. I like the channel set version more, but the second photo (I call it rubbed over, some call it hammer set, bead setting usually has tiny beads) looks more masculine. Great photoshopping!

23K W/G?

99atlantic

Rough_Rock
yea, 23k - she said that if i go white/yellow gold, the white gold part should be 1k more than the gold. Why, i dunno, maybe she just wants to make more money off me, haha ;-)

I can'' take all the credit though; I had a design artist friend help me out with the photoshops to try to get the renderings to what I wanted so I have an actual picture of my ideas..........now I just have ot decide which one to go with, heh.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i don''t care for ''b'' at all.

but ''a'' and ''c'' are both extremely well designed and good looking. i think, though, i lean toward the clean lines of ''c'' and the contrast between the cool and warm metals showing how really clean the design is.

but ''a'' has its merits......

peace, movie zombie

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B or C

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
none of them look too ''frilly'' to me. i like a or c.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Door #3.

cheers--Sharon

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
I like (A) the best..second in line would be (C).

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I think if B was done in real life the diamonds would come out better. I like the chanel setting more - perhaps it is a question of having the d''s side by side. In the chanel setting version you may do better with a thin strip of W/G on the inside.

I don''t think W/G can be 23k. An alloy with, 1/24th of anything won''t make gold look white.

Where is the bling version? I wanna see pave'' all over
31.gif
. Do it in coloured stones (nothing too fruity) and we are talking real mans jewellery... joking.

..but black diamonds?

P

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Next try.

If the ruby in B was also rubbed over, then more people would like it.

Given the design shape, the claws/prongs of the centre stone are in an odd place, IMO.

A pave selection actually would go well, perhaps the best. Bead set/grain set is pave'', except pave'' is French for path and bead refers to the little beads that are used in pave''.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I like them all and do think they are masculine. Choice A is more blingy to me. I like Platinumsmith''s idea of the ruby being rubbed over if you go with B. If you going for a ring that can be worn daily, maybe no diamonds at all would be best. Geez, I''m no help . . .

Love the 2-tone look. It''s my understanding that it costs much more for it because the ring will need to be made in pieces and put together as opposed to cast in 1 piece if you go with all yellow.

99atlantic

Rough_Rock
thanks for all the opinions guys, they diffenately give me more food for thought

as to 23k white gold, I''ll check back with my designer - it''s quite possible that I mis-heard/mis-interpreteted what she said (he''s built a lot of my previous jewelry and has done an excellent job, so he definately knows his stuff)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like A far better than any of the other options!!!!! Definitely a masculine design no matter which you end up picking.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what to say, except... why not try a version with the ruby set somehow without prongs and channel set princess cuts so there are no gaps between the diamonds
2.gif

There is a smaller ring along these lines which I happen to like allot. Of course, this does not mean that you have to like it at all.

HERE it is:

Ruby-Cabochon-Ring-2.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~IMO, A looks the best!! Good luck!!!
36.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
If the W/G accents are not exposed and if your budget is tight, you could go rhodium plate the yellow gold. That may help.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore C. Great design.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
99atlantic, in example C instead of prongs , how about using the y brackets to hold the ruby like this 1st pic?
90261.jpg

Another option would be to incorporate the prongs so that they don''t protrude like this 2nd pic.

diamondsonline.ca.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like A the best. I always like the idea of a few diamonds beside a coloured stone. They seem to help the colour pop a bit better. I like the idea of removing those prongs altogether. What about just bezel setting them? A lot of man''s ring actually dont have prongs now that I think about it.
10.gif

Judy
:)

P.S....I am now going through this dilemma as I want to buy a ring for my husband. LOL And make it manly looking to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results