shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting of side diamonds in rings _HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mimi29

Rough_Rock

I have been shopping around trying to figure out the safest way to set side diamonds in an engagement ring and wedding band.

I was told that although princess is beautiful that when set in a channel they can chip because they have sharp corners and sit touching one another.

I was also told that round diamonds that are set in a prong setting have a tendency to catch things and fall out.

I have had some bad luck with my ring and am afraid of spending like $5,000 to replace both rings (not the center diamond) and have the same problems. ( I have 6 pricess in an invisible setting, 4 of the 6 are chipped).

I am alittle rough with my jwelery so I don''t knwo what to do

I have a 1.51 center carat to set.

Any ideas

7.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s a tough call.
If you are that "rough" on your jewelery- maybe you could get it set in a bezel.
What is the 1.5''s shape?

You need to determine what styles appeal to you and then wean out the ones that are too hazerdous for your lifestyle.

mimi29

Rough_Rock
The center diamond is round. I am not that tough but I want to get the safest setting just in case. I love the channel set but I wasn''t sure if that was safer than prong set for the side diamonds.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Mimi,
I am so hard on my jewelry and I have round side stones that are prong set and have not had a problem with them at all. Before I this upgrade, I had princess cut side stones that were prong set and didn''t chip them either. I knocked that ring around all the time. Maybe I just got lucky, but the prong settings have been good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results