shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

legal

Rough_Rock
The jeweler I bought my diamond from is going to provide an appraisal and help with insurance. But just to be sure everything is as it should be, I plan to get an independant appraisal. Can anyone provide any insight into this process. i.e. finding a good appraiser, how the appraisal is conducted (should I leave the stone with them or never let it out of my sight, etc...), how much will it cost.... I live in North NJ if anyone has an specific recomendations that would also be great. Also, the stone has already been mounted - does that make any diference? Thanks again. I will post a picture this weekend.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There are a few NAJA and/or ASA appraisers up your way who can do a super job for you on a mounted stone. I think both websites from these organizations now have a geographic selection tool for you to find an appraiser.

Don''t leave it.... It should not be a long job. Why have even a shadow of doubt if it can be prevented?

legal

Rough_Rock
My jeweler is a charter member of the NAJA. i guess that is a good thing. But I assume I should still probably get the stone appraised else where anyway. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results