shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KTM300

Rough_Rock
This is a pre-made setting at Long''s Jewerls(local).

http://www.adigitalpublisher.com/catalogs/longs/19c.html

What do you think, honest opinions. She likes this, but she likes a Radiant cut with sidestones more, but I have not seen any in my price range that I think she would like.

Thanks.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried using the Pricescope search option on the home page? You can search radiant cuts of different carat weight, color, clarity, etc. It might be helpful to find something in your price range. If your girlfriend really likes radiant cuts best, I''d try to find one in your price range. You''d probably be surprised what you can find by doing an online search! Good luck!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the ring, but I think you should do some more hunting and find a radiant w/ sides if that is what she really wants. this will be a ring she''s going to where for quite some time no??

KTM300

Rough_Rock
VuittonGal - Thanks. I have done a search, and I am confident that I can find a diamond, but the setting is what is thowing me off. I have trouble shopping for rings on the internet, I need to feel them and look at them. Also, I have an opportunity to give it to her in Bermuda next week(last minute vacation) so I don''t have any time. But maybe I should just wait, but I don''t want to wait any longer. I doubt there is an alternative to giving a ring that I don''t have.

mrssalvo - I love you dog, unfortunatly ours passed away recently, she looked very similar.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I understand about wanting to see the settings in person. have you seen any radiant settings in person that you could find one similar on the internet?

thanks, my doggie is my first baby. I know you must miss your's very much
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What type of sidestones does she want?

KTM300

Rough_Rock

I would say trillions. The band would be think and the diammons not too high. Or maybe with an antique look. Center stone around .75 -.95 ct

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, i was thinking, you''re cutting it kinda close on time. I would hate for you to rush and end up with something she doesn''t really want or isn''t completely happy with. If you know she wants a Radiant, why not buy a stone and have it set in a cheapy plain solitaire. then you can propose and you and she can pick out a new/permanent setting together.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

KTM300

Rough_Rock
Thanks, that is very nice! I had a typo in my previous post. I meant to say thin band, she has small hands. that is a very good Idea with the solitare mount. Then upgrade. Is that a radiant in the picture? Also, what spec''s do I look for in a radiant interms of length to width and depth. I know the basics, but not much more. I will do some more reasearch.

smh

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t know very much about Radiants but a great informational site (other than here) to check out is GoodoldGold

KTM300

Rough_Rock
I can''t seem to find that setting on whiteflash. Can you give me a hint on where to look.

Thank you,
smh

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have a radiant so I will try to answer some of your questions about them. First of all, you have to see if she wants a square radiant or a rectangular radiant. A radiant will look square until the length divided by the width is more than 1.10. I know some people are very picky and want a square radiant with a length to width ratio less than 1.05, but mine is 1.07 and looks square. If she wants a rectangular radiant, I personally think the ones with the ratio 1.20 and greater look nicer, but that''s just my opinion.

Also, when I was looking for a radiant, I wanted one that had a depth of mid sixties or less. Anything greater than that and it looks smaller than it should for its weight. A radiant that is 1 carat with a depth of 72% will look smaller than a 1 carat that has a depth of 62%. I also tried to keep the table around the same as the depth within a couple of percent.

I also have small hands (size 4), and I have a radiant with sidestones and it looks fine. It does cover the whole top part of my finger, but I like that. I think a radiant with sidestones will still look good with a small finger. Of course if you''re going to get her a 3 carat radiant radiant with sidestones, I would probably think differently, but around a 1-1.5 carat will still look good without being overwhelming.

Hope this helps!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s here

you have to go to Whiteflash Gallery, then to 3 stone rings, and it''s on the 3rd page
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
That''s a gorgeous ring, mrssalvo. And smh, the center stone in that ring is an asscher, not a radiant.

I agree with everyone else--don''t rush into a purchase just to have a ring for your trip. She''ll wear it for a really long time--make sure it''s right.
2.gif

You could definitely propose w/ the stone in a temporary setting & upgrade later. Or propose with a plain band or something temporary if you want to pick out the entire ring together. So many options...good luck!

KTM300

Rough_Rock
Thanks BrightSpot. I feel like I am going to miss an opportunity to propose in Bermuda, but the trip was extremly last minute, planned by my GF. So I guess for now I am at a loss. I think I need to propose with the actual ring for my own sanity. The idea of buying a stone then, setting later sounds interesting, but I don''t know how she will feel about that. She would be happy with the ring in my original post, but I guess I should do things right. So confused, maybe I am putting too much emphasis on the ring and not the big picture.

smh

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
If you really want to propose in Bermuda, you should do it! I know you''re not certain about having the diamond on a plain setting and choosing a new one together, but your bride-to-be may really enjoy that! You will have selected the main diamond, but will be incorporating her into choosing the setting. Or, she may be surprised and really like the way the diamond looks on a solitaire setting! Whatever you decide to do, I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 8:34:43 AM
Author: VuittonGal
If you really want to propose in Bermuda, you should do it! I know you''re not certain about having the diamond on a plain setting and choosing a new one together, but your bride-to-be may really enjoy that! You will have selected the main diamond, but will be incorporating her into choosing the setting. Or, she may be surprised and really like the way the diamond looks on a solitaire setting! Whatever you decide to do, I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!
Good point, VuittonGal. She might like the process of selecting a new setting or might like it as a solitaire. Can you find out from her or her friends if she''d be interested in being involved in the process?

If the trip was last minute & planned by your gf, she would surely not be expecting a proposal in Bermuda. It could be a great chance to surpirse her...
2.gif

It''s easy to get very caught up in the details (ring, etc) & momentarily lose track of the big picture...
2.gif
I know I''ve done it!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results