shape
carat
color
clarity

BUNZ or Niessing TENSION???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thomasssam

Rough_Rock
Help, I want to know your opinions on the two manufacturers/designers BUNZ and Niessing

I have a solid 0.96ct Round Brilliant that I want to set in a Tension ring. Niessing I like the Everest Shank, BUNZ I like the Classic Tension.

Which one should I go for.. and of course - Why!!!?

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here are the two settings in question if anyone is wondering what they look like. As far as choosing which one, shrugs .
40.gif

spaever_p_c_a3_of.jpg
01-02-sprachwahl.jpg

thomasssam

Rough_Rock
Cheerz Tonysgeko, suppose I should''ve done that! Bit new to this game.

Anyway, other than the shrugged shoulders. You or anyone got an opinion on the styles or the brands? Any good or bad experiences with either of them?

I think I''m leading towards the Bunz?!!?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Bunz, too.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are rather gorgeous... and come at a serious premium ! As much as I know, the version by Bunz is still not copied allot. The other - well, at least Ti versions come easy on the purse and pretty much everywhere. I couldn't claim that all these are intended knock-offs or that there are versions to be had exactly as Niessing's down to geometric precission, but still.

You might want to open a poll on these, 'cause we didn't have one in a while !
31.gif
It would be fun, really.

Also, you would want to see what either setting will look like (and weigh!) for your stone. It seems that the one by Bunz would need to get as thick as the stone is deep on the upper side - which means allot of metal for a larger diamond, and relatively a heavy ring for a small size. The shoulders of the Niessing setting accomodate a larger stone with less metal. Perhaps this is what made the model popular in the first place This is just one thing that comes to mind because I wear a small ring size - if the ring is not going to be below size 4, it might not be a problem at all. (BTW, you do need to know the ring size exactly for these rings - the best is to let the jeweler take the measurement.)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the way the Bunz ring is made more than the way the Niessing is made, but have you seen their color(s) in person? I am asking because I saw a Niessing ring that I had seen on the 'net in person (the Plissé ring) and did not like the color as much as I had expected to!

Deborah

thomasssam

Rough_Rock
Check out the POLL too.... make your vote count!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/8/2005 11:43:39 AM
Author: thomasssam
Check out the POLL too.... make your vote count!!
Did that, believe me.

Have you considered Kretchner tension rings ? The namesake website is easy to find. And there are a few rings in ''normal'' pictures on Pearlman''s site (HERE), including one very much like your choice:

048CO13.jpg

And a platinum version of the same profile:

014PO13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results