shape
carat
color
clarity

Help - Trusted Supplier in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jimmyc

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am looking for a trusted diamond trader in New York City, and I''m after reccomendations (or warnings) from anyone who has experience buying loose stones from traders in NYC.

I live in Australia and the local sales taxes and import duties make loose stones signficantly more expsenive than overseas. I am going to be in NYC on business in about 3 weeks time and I thought it would be a good opportunity to pick up the stone I''m after at a reduced cost.

I am only going to be in NYC for a very short amount of time. This means I don''t have the time to shop around while I''m there. What I want to do is arrange the stone prior to my arrival (put down a deposit etc) and then pick it up when I arrive. However this obviously requires a lot of trust because I am going to be paying for the stone (or at least the deposit) without seeing it or meeting the dealer face-to-face.

As such I am after some help please. Can anyone reccomend a reputable dealer that I could contact?

Just so you know I am after quite a fancy stone (1.3 carat, D, IF) so the "local" jeweller probably won''t be able to help. I really need a proper diamond dealer (I think).

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy C

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A well respected vendor which posts on here is in New York at Long Island.

His website is very detailed with magnified photos of diamonds he is selling. Here is the website: www.goodoldgold.com

Just to add, I am in the UK, and have been interested in diamonds for sometime and goodoldgold was the best site I could find in 1998/99. Just to let you know this vendor has had a presence on the internet all that time.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://diamondsbylauren.com

This is the website of another well respected vendor on this diamond board who also has an office in New York. Diamondsbylauren posts on here each day usually also.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock

Hi JimmyC

Please keep in mind when you return to Australia you will need to declare your purchase to Customs who will require to you pay GST on the purchase price.

If you don’t have your sales receipt you could be liable to a pretty high estimate by Customs.

The good news is there are no import duties on loose diamonds only on complete pieces of Jewellery.
Johan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results