shape
carat
color
clarity

spacer ring for wedding bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mymulan

Rough_Rock
I am not a very traditional kind of gal, so I'd like to wear my future wedding band on my right hand and my e-ring on the left. In addition, I like the look of 2 half eternity bands stacked together. Below is a picture of the rings. Each band consist of 6 15 pointers.

Of course, there is a problem with wearing the bands together. Since the bands are set using shared prongs, the diamonds will scratch each other at the girdle and that will of course ruin my diamonds.

There seems to be 2 solutions. I can either solder the bands together or buy a spacer ring. I am against soldering the bands together for I love the flexibility of wearing them with my e-ring or wearing one alone. So I'm left with the spacer ring option.

The thinnest I've found for a spacer ring is 2mm. I find that still to be too thick. I read on another topic about custom making narrower spacer rings, but I just can't justify the cost for such a small ring.

1.) Any other ideas?
2.) Do you like the stacked ring idea?
3.) I've never really seen 6 stone half eternity bands. I often see 5 or 7. Why is that? Just curious.

mymulan1bands.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with DF!!!

ragtop

Rough_Rock
here''s a link to fuffi''s pix of her eternity bands and 1mm spacers...i called and spoke to donna at sackowitz jewelers myself a while back (still debating whether i''m going to need them) and i believe the white gold ones are about $100 each, & they''re returnable.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/eternity-xmas.22761/

good luck,
ragtop

Joane

Rough_Rock
No experience with spacers so I can''t comment on that but on the 5-7 stones vs. 6 stones, my guess is an odd number of stones may be more prevalent because a stone ends up in the middle. Your rings are really beautiful! I like the 6-stone rows! Good luck with the spacer!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results