shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

HockeyChick

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1470405817|4062764 said:
Hockey chick - I really LOVE your ring! I'm wondering if you'll wear a wedding band with it. I think it's a wonderful stand alone piece!

Thank you! My plan is not to wear a wedding ring. I MAY look around for an eternity band or similar to wear on the right hand after the wedding, but I haven't decided on that yet. This one is definitely a stand alone kind of ring :)

ringo865|1470347395|4062610 said:
@hockeychick-- a fiery hat-trick!!! OMG. Congrats on your engagement too!

Thank you! I LOVED that I was able to capture a hat trick of fire, haha :D It's funny, when I got engaged it was cloudy for at least 4 days afterwards so I couldn't see my ring in the sun! My mother kept asking me to send her a picture and I kept telling her "not until it is sunny!!!" That picture is from the first day the sun came out :D

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
HockeyChick|1470280827|4062349 said:
My very own special beauty :) Recently engaged and planning the wedding!

2016-04-14_10.jpg
its a lovely ring, congrats
o.png
:clap:

mjc1

Rough_Rock
Just picked this up from the jeweler today.

It is a design I based on a Ritani setting that I liked. I Photoshopped the original to lower the setting significantly, move the side stones outward, less vertical flare on the sides of the band, and a few other tweaks etc. The jeweler threw it in CAD, we had a little back and forth, and got it spot on.

Center: 1.21ct, H, VS1
Sides: .25ct ea, G, VS2
Band: 14k

Here are a few pics, without any knowledge of how to make the ring look fancy ;-) Hopefully it will be on someone else's finger within the month!

20160812_163154-1.jpg

20160812_163240.jpg

Ellekay428

Rough_Rock
Hey guys! I just wanted to show my ring! We had it custom made. It's about 4carats all together, center stone is almost 1 carat.

_5414.jpeg

chamomiletea

Rough_Rock
I posted a thread recently about my ER but I haven't contributed to this thread yet or shared the story behind my ring!
My OH and I were together for 5 years before he proposed. I knew it was coming as we had gone to Cartier when we were in Paris to look at rings and he explained the 4C's to me. I tried on lots of all sizes and designs and thought they were all gorgeous!
When we got home he specifically asked me what I liked and I said 'I don't know, something simple and classic that won't date', he said 'I think you are the sort of girl who would like baguettes', I said 'no, not in my ER, I want quality'.
Well about 6 months later we are celebrating our 5yr anniversary at our favorite hotel. I am starting to moan about how it's been 5 years and we still aren't married and he barks 'be quiet or you will ruin the night'. So Ok. We open the champagne in our room before dinner and we have a glass...
Then he says to me 'are those the earrings you are wearing? I have something better' and I am like 'what is wrong with my earrings?'. He then goes to his bag, gets something out and he comes over and kneels in front of me and I am like 'omg...', I can't quite believe this is happening. He opens the box and asks me to marry him... I am staring at the ring and I am saying 'omg!!! It's so gorgeous, Waaaah I love it!!!!' And he says 'Is that a yes or no' lol!! And I say 'of course it's yes!'.
The ring he got me was a 2ct GIA certified D colour IF triple ex cut brilliantly round cut diamond in a platinum cartier 1895 style setting designed to show off the diamond to its maximum potential.
It has sparkled like madly every day the past 5 years since that moment and every time I look at it, it reminds me of the moment he opened the box and how I felt.
I then went on to pair is with a full circle pave wedding band. The band was tricky to find. I nearly got a thin platinum band from cartier, the same width as my ER band. Then I went to Tiffany and I also went and looked at the Jewelry district. Then in a jewelers off the street I found it! It was a custom ring made for another woman but for whatever reason she did not go through with the purchase of it. It was perfect! A petite pave band the same thickness as my ER band, in platinum with enough sparkle to complement my ER but not too much so that it would hide it or look bulky.
I am very happy with my set, OH has made it very clear that my ER was a once in a lifetime purchase. He wanted to invest his money in the highest quality. A quality that will never die and that can be passed down for generations. He could have bought me a stone 3x as big but 2ct is perfect. It is blow away sparkly, I don't have to worry about being robbed and I know that I have the Chanel of rings.

20160824_192731.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TY for sharing your story camomiletea! Enjoy your lovely ring!!!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Camomiletea, your setting is stunning and your diamond must be breathtaking in person.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A saturated blue zircon from Chris Auletta in a baguette solitaire in RG (with a 6 prong wire head in WG) by Australian designer Alistair Kelsey. I love wearing this ring!

_5557.jpeg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so elegant-just stunning. I love the setting :love: :appl:

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
Acinom what a beautiful blue color and pretty setting!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous as always, Acinom! You have a great eye for color and settings!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, Great color combo of the metal and stone color :love: The blue just seems to really pop!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, that is the most beautiful color!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is such an unusual design, lotus shape, and the color is strong.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1472669637|4071966 said:
A saturated blue zircon from Chris Auletta in a baguette solitaire in RG (with a 6 prong wire head in WG) by Australian designer Alistair Kelsey. I love wearing this ring!

Beautiful ring Acinom and what a gorgeous color zircon. :wavey:

JVH

Rough_Rock
This is my BN upgrade. I previously had a .70ct, H, SI2, GIA XXX that scored 5.7 on the HCA. The new stone is absolutely beautiful, and is extremely distracting in any lighting. Full specs:

1.17ct
6.73-6.75x4.15
J
VS1
GIA XXX
58% Table
61.6% Depth
34º Crown angle
40.8º Pavilion angle
1.2 HCA
No fluorescence
Ring size 4.5

_38248.jpg

_38249.jpg

_38250.jpg

_38251.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JVH|1473991974|4077226 said:
This is my BN upgrade. I previously had a .70ct, H, SI2, GIA XXX that scored 5.7 on the HCA. The new stone is absolutely beautiful, and is extremely distracting in any lighting. Full specs:

1.17ct
6.73-6.75x4.15
J
VS1
GIA XXX
58% Table
61.6% Depth
34º Crown angle
40.8º Pavilion angle
1.2 HCA
No fluorescence
Ring size 4.5

Omigosh that is a fabulous upgrade, congratulations JVH! :appl: I love the setting too, gorgeous and perfect on your hand!

JVH

Rough_Rock
Thanks very much, junebug17! :D

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome JM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gorgeous! Please start a dedicated thread on Show me the Bling so we can ask a lot more questions and see lots more pics of your gorgeous rings!!!

jm54

Rough_Rock
Thanks motown momma!!

jm54

Rough_Rock
Thanks motown momma!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dawnan - Welcome!! Love you ring!!! So classy & classic - looks perfect on your hand - congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results