carat
color
clarity

My First Ever Custom Ring Project with DiamondsbyLauren

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
JDDN said:
It turned out beautifully, I love the milgrain around the bezel. Looks stunning on your hand!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much!! :D

LLJsmom said:
Lbc, (sorry I abbreviated you) you have the most beautiful hands. Please will you post more hand shots or start a SMTB thread. The ring is so unique and lovely. It deserves a gazillion more pictures!!

You're welcome about the jumbos. I love my lift every day. It's like having new earrings.

Oh my goodness!! Thank you!!! When I was a teen, I used to feel really self-conscious about my hands because a guy I dated once told me I had freakishly small baby pinkys... Ah, youth. :lol: I will for sure do a SMTB thread!!!

derbygal said:
This is absolutely gorgeous. Congrats on creating your dream ring. I love pears and this bezel is just dreamy!!!! :love:

derbygal said:
luckyblackcat, for reference what size are you? I'm seriously crazy about this ring.

Thank you so much!! I'm a size 4.5. Are you searching for a pear ring yourself? I need more pear-related threads to stalk!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the way your ring came out!!! The milgrain is so beautiful and delicate!! :clap: :love: Looks perfect on your hand!

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock
LBC: thanks so much for the gallery pic! I am also going for an open gallery with my JbG bezel. :love: :love: :love: Did you choose to keep it open because of light performance?

Trying to remember to breathe, but it's so hard sometimes during this interminable wait! The struggle is SO real. :lol:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a pear and I've always liked bezels but I have never seen a bezel pear that looked this amazing. We have a big anniversary coming up and I am so indecisive on what I would like (I want it all-- ha). But a big pear is on the top of my list. Now that I've seen yours, it is way at the top. Thanks again for sharing. :appl:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No wonder you are exhilarated -- it is PEAR-FECT!! And the fact that this was a fun and stress-free, collaborative project surely adds to the pride and pleasure you'll find in wearing the ring for years to come. So KUDOS to you, David, and the DBL team :dance:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lordy that's a delightful bezel and a juicy fat pear :love: what a fantastic ring!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ac117 said:
I love the way your ring came out!!! The milgrain is so beautiful and delicate!! :clap: :love: Looks perfect on your hand!

Thank you so much! I love the set in your profile pic!! The Tiffany band is killer!!!

Fulvia said:
LBC: thanks so much for the gallery pic! I am also going for an open gallery with my JbG bezel. :love: :love: :love: Did you choose to keep it open because of light performance?

Trying to remember to breathe, but it's so hard sometimes during this interminable wait! The struggle is SO real. :lol:

I did mention to David that PSers had advised me about light performance, and then he and his team did the rest, so the gallery was very intuitive work on their part. Initially, I was a bit worried I couldn't go with the more elaborate floral basket most people were rooting for, but it worked out perfectly in the end!

I'm SO excited to see your ring!!! In a way, I'm a little sad that my project's over, so I'll be living vicariously!

derbygal said:
I've always wanted a pear and I've always liked bezels but I have never seen a bezel pear that looked this amazing. We have a big anniversary coming up and I am so indecisive on what I would like (I want it all-- ha). But a big pear is on the top of my list. Now that I've seen yours, it is way at the top. Thanks again for sharing. :appl:

Oh my goodness, thank you!! I bet you can guess who I'd recommend you work with! :lol: I so hope you find your dream pear!! Please do keep us posted!!!

MollyMalone said:
No wonder you are exhilarated -- it is PEAR-FECT!! And the fact that this was a fun and stress-free, collaborative project surely adds to the pride and pleasure you'll find in wearing the ring for years to come. So KUDOS to you, David, and the DBL team :dance:

Thank you!! :lol: Yes! It is PEARFECTION!!! I feel SO lucky that the process was so stress-free. Honestly, the most stressful part was leaving my old ring at the Fed-Ex drop-off center. Ugh. I still shudder thinking about it.

foxinsox said:
Lordy that's a delightful bezel and a juicy fat pear :love: what a fantastic ring!

Thank you so much!! Now I want to go eat a real pear...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning piece :love:
Both the stone and the setting are perfect.
Congrats!!!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Acinom!! I remember seeing your gorgeous profile pic ring around! I still daydream about a huge sapphire ring sometimes...

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We're so thrilled with your reaction luckyblackcat!!
I love the ring too:)

About bezels- they are tricky for a lot of reasons.
When we're making a ring like this, there's a tremendous amount of hand fabrication- even if it was done from a cast.
Differences in the overall shape, as well as the shape and size of the pavilion will affect how we have to design, and set the ring.
I have tremendous respect for the judgment and eyes of our setters. I give them the overall idea, but I want the person doing the hammering exercise their judgment on the fine details.
I feel very comfortable doing this as the guys have done a great job on so many occasions.
But bezels are trickier than prong settings.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi luckyblackcat!!! :wavey:

That bezel came out PURRRRRRrrrrrfect! :love: :love: :love:

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I love :love: :love: pear shaped diamonds!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!! this turned out so beautifully! Congrats!!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Rockdiamond said:
We're so thrilled with your reaction luckyblackcat!!
I love the ring too:)

About bezels- they are tricky for a lot of reasons.
When we're making a ring like this, there's a tremendous amount of hand fabrication- even if it was done from a cast.
Differences in the overall shape, as well as the shape and size of the pavilion will affect how we have to design, and set the ring.
I have tremendous respect for the judgment and eyes of our setters. I give them the overall idea, but I want the person doing the hammering exercise their judgment on the fine details.
I feel very comfortable doing this as the guys have done a great job on so many occasions.
But bezels are trickier than prong settings.

Thank you, David!!! Please pass on my infinite thanks to everyone who worked on my ring!!!

PintoBean said:
Hi luckyblackcat!!! :wavey:

That bezel came out PURRRRRRrrrrrfect! :love: :love: :love:

:lol: Puns are the BEST compliment!! Thank you!!

Queenie60 said:
Your ring is absolutely beautiful and perfect. I love :love: :love: pear shaped diamonds!!

Thank you so much! Go team pear go!!

lorrissey said:
WOW!!! this turned out so beautifully! Congrats!!

Thank you!! :D

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
Have you seen this?

_37919.jpg

aquarius

Rough_Rock
Congratulations luckyblackcat!

Thank you for sharing your story! I got a good laugh with the "naming" of Empress J...she's beautiful!

I too, am tormented and worried about several aspects you touched on, besides being unable to decide on which style setting I want! I've only gone through a gazillion vendors and styles over the years. I swear I can name the vendor just by looking at a picture at this point.

I'm so glad to hear of your success story on pulling the trigger and having a bespoke setting made!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DonnaH said:
Have you seen this?

Yes!! I think someone recommended that for another pear project that's going on hereabouts. SO beautiful for sure!!

aquarius said:
Congratulations luckyblackcat!

Thank you for sharing your story! I got a good laugh with the "naming" of Empress J...she's beautiful!

I too, am tormented and worried about several aspects you touched on, besides being unable to decide on which style setting I want! I've only gone through a gazillion vendors and styles over the years. I swear I can name the vendor just by looking at a picture at this point.

I'm so glad to hear of your success story on pulling the trigger and having a bespoke setting made!

Thank you so much!! I feel so lucky that it went so smoothly my first time around! I'm dreaming up a gift for my mom next and a part of me wonders if I should be even more adventurous and try to find a diamond on my own/try out a new vendor, but I think I'm going to go back to DBL... They made it so easy for me!!!

P.S. That is such a cool profile pic!!!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Just so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your journey!
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results