carat
color
clarity

Children's School Projects and Parental Involvement

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

You have parent-teacher conferences, and perhaps a parent group for raising funds for the school that you could utilize to bring up your concerns. Ask the teacher to send home a project sheet showing what the student is responsible for and what the parent may help with. If you are sure that the teacher knows what the child did, let him/her tell parents what they can help with, or is it self evident?

I have always thought the parent who helps the child, gives the child more self confidence, as long as they don't do all the work.
If your child does a book report and you show them where they have made grammar errors, or should put a comma, that's teaching your child. The problem we have is not enough parents are willing to do this.

Like Gypsy, I had to hand make my graduation dress for 8th grade. The only help we were allowed to get was putting in the zipper, which my mother did for me. I'm a messy worker. My mother is so neat, but she let me do it alone and I wore it, as we all did.

I wouldn't worry about painting a background, but I would mention it to the teacher.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results