shape
carat
color
clarity

Tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The second time, more enlightening it was.

The movie was so visually overloading that I missed quite a bit of the subtleties & symbolism the first time around. This ride was even better.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
OK, so we saw it this evening; our youngins did fine.

Last summer, by exposure to a family camp, I learned of a wonderful bit...not based on this new movie, of course, but on the Star Wars series, altogether.

If you''ve not been exposed yet, I give you...

The Star Wars Gangster Rap.

Enjoy!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2005 10:55:20 AM
Author: Lurchie
Re Wookie noises, I think we underestimate how important these pop cultures references can be. I told my mechanic recently that it sounds like Chewbacca is under my car and it went right over his head. And Chewie is still under there somewhere...

And just my .02 - Yoda was much cuter when he was a real live puppet.
face1.gif
Is it an older car? Maybe Chewie is trying to chase the squirrels back onto the treadmill.

Did you notice that Yoda''s voice is much deeper in Eps I-III than in IV?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ira, several friends and I can perform that rap on-demand. It was high on our list of common quotables a few years ago. You may have just reignited it for us this evening.

F&I, I love it. I would have gone again tonight, but had plans made a long time ago at a BBQ far, far away to host a little shindig at casa Quixote.

Grill's off and scraped. Dishes are done.

I'm going again tomorrow.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 2:18:56 AM
Author: JohnQuixote

I''m going again tomorrow.
And, may the Force be with you.
9.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
We finally got to go last night. Kids were fine with it. My 12 year old LOVED it, my 6 year old was mostly interested in his popcorn and lemonaid. His baby tooth fell out about half-way through the movie, and that to him was more exciting than the movie...lol. He fell asleep for the last hour or so of the movie, so he missed the worst of the "carnage" anyway.

Personally, having seen all the other episodes mulitlple times, I didn''t think this was really anymore violent than the others. The tone was darker and more about the darkside, but all the hype about not letting younger children see the movie was just a ploy to get more people to go see the movie, IMO. If young kids were OK with the other installments, I think they would most likely be fine with this one, too.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2005 10:34:32 AM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 5/20/2005 12:33:47 AM
Author: kaylagee
I Fandangoed mine as well and went to the matinee today.

It''s definitely not for young kids(IMO under 12). Tho'' I did see quite a few there...one almost as young as my son(almost 2).
23.gif
I was wondering what the parents were smoking to bring him. The volume alone seems too much, let alone the film!
38.gif
Maybe they hadn''t read/heard any reviews.

I''m giving it a 9.0 out of 10. Dh says 9.75. I did cry but, FWIW, I''m pregnant and hormonal.
26.gif
Funny, a women plopped her 4 yo and 6 yo in front of my seats. The four year old fell sound asleep. I agree that it''s not for young kids; but, I guess it depends on the kid.
My six year old was fine with it...but then again he has parents who are sci-fi geeks, and he''s grown up on Star Wars, Star Trek, Jurrasic Park, Independence Day, Godzilla, X-men, Spiderman, and the like.

The stuff I do keep my kids from seeing would be supernatural thrillers, slasher movies, and gangsta violence.

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 2:01:21 AM

Date: 5/21/2005 10:55:20 AM
Re Wookie noises, I think we underestimate how important these pop cultures references can be. I told my mechanic recently that it sounds like Chewbacca is under my car and it went right over his head. And Chewie is still under there somewhere...

And just my .02 - Yoda was much cuter when he was a real live puppet.
face1.gif
Is it an older car? Maybe Chewie is trying to chase the squirrels back onto the treadmill.

Did you notice that Yoda''s voice is much deeper in Eps I-III than in IV?
Ha! It is older - a ''93 Saab 900, aka The Beautiful Disaster. So far it''s a friendly, non-threatening noise.

There was an excellent interview with John Williams on NPR this morning, I thought of all you musicians/Star Wars fans. I hadn''t noticed Yoda''s voice (haven''t seen III yet)...is Frank Oz still doing it?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
We're planning to go tomorrow. We've missed the last two. They were in our work-aholic modes, so we never got there. I figure we might be a little out of the loop,and not know who is who (except for Yoda et all), but that's ok. I KNOW that the minute the full series comes out in a set, DH will own it. I think it will be fun to actually watch them in story order.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Don''t know if it''s a regional thing - but our Fox network (regular not cable) is showing "Attack of the Clones" (epii) at 7:00 tonight.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t shoot me..........but I think my hubby and I are the ONLY people in America NOT obssessed with STAR WARS. Matter of fact, I don''t even remember seeing any of them....
emotion-40.gif
Now Lord of the Rings..... LOVE IT!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 5:04:35 PM
Don''t know if it''s a regional thing - but our Fox network (regular not cable) is showing ''Attack of the Clones'' (epii) at 7:00 tonight.
Just checked... nothing listed. I htink it was showing here a couple of weeks ago, but we missed it.

oh well... thanks for the tip.

CanadianGal

Rough_Rock
We''re going to see it tonight ... but in the mean time, we''ve been playing this awesome game www.Sithsense.com . You think of pretty much anything and Darth Vader "reads" your mind .... I''ve stumped him a few time tho !

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2005 3:50:55 PM

There was an excellent interview with John Williams on NPR this morning, I thought of all you musicians/Star Wars fans. I hadn't noticed Yoda's voice (haven't seen III yet)...is Frank Oz still doing it?
Oz remains Yoda. I'm very sorry I missed the Williams interview. Here's hoping they stream it.

F&I - The first time I saw it seated on floor level. Tonight I was halfway up and I noticed much more detail as well. Of course, the fact that I was not on the opening night sugar buzz, hyping the event and checking my friends' faces every few minutes probably helped too.
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I thought Frank Oz was dead - Christopher Lee as well?

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The force is strong with me..... esp 4-6 in one sitting and I am begging for more while my FI begs for mercy... :)

Hee hee.

My question is when do I get my own light saber? The things I could do with one of those bad boys....
31.gif
I doubt I would ever have to do the laundry or the dishes again.....
12.gif

On to eps. 2-3 tonight. Estimated time of veiwing for Eps. 1- Wednesday after softball games....
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 11:08:52 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
The force is strong with me..... esp 4-6 in one sitting and I am begging for more while my FI begs for mercy... :)

Hee hee.

My question is when do I get my own light saber? The things I could do with one of those bad boys....
31.gif
12.gif

Renee, I knew you would join us. You are as great as we had forseen.
27.gif

I could be mistaken, but I think I saw flashes of green light coming from Brian's office. Maybe he's using a lightsaber to cut some ACAs.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2005 8:32:33 AM
I thought Frank Oz was dead - Christopher Lee as well?
F&I, you may be thinking of Jim Henson. Frank Oz is alive, though retired as a muppeteer except for Yoda.

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/23/2005 10:58:27 PM

Date: 5/23/2005 11:08:52 AM

Hee hee.

31.gif
12.gif

Renee, I knew you would join us. You are as great as we had forseen.
27.gif

I could be mistaken, but I think I saw flashes of green light coming from Brian''s office. Maybe he''s using a lightsaber to cut some ACAs.
Brian has mad light saber skills.
9.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
"Girls only want to go out with you if you have great skills, you know, like bowhunting skills, numbchuck skills, computer hacking skills..."

NapDyn.jpg

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Date: 5/24/2005 2:04:33 PM
''Girls only want to go out with you if you have great skills, you know, like bowhunting skills, numbchuck skills, computer hacking skills...''
LOL, and then came the picture....

"It took me a few hours to get the shading on your upper lip right, it is my best work yet."

Heee hee, that is the best movie.

"Vote for Pedro"

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/25/2005 1:19:42 PM

Date: 5/25/2005 11:18:22 AM

Heee hee, that is the best movie.
(Psssst! Renee... wrong thread for that comment)
11.gif
Umm.. I mean..uhhh..( pulling collar of shirt away from neck)

STAR WARS ROCKS, BEST EVER!!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Dh went again Monday with some of the art dept. team from his office. He spotted Lucas''s cameo, the millenium falcon and noted that Chewie''s wookie pal is sporting some dreadlocks. LOL!

Dh does a mean Chewie impression... strangely enuf, one reason I fell for him.
25.gif

I finally caught Napoleon D. on pay-per-view went I got back to the US. It was hilarious, sweet and eerily real(although I''ve never actually lived out in the middle-of-nowhere like that) at the same time.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve now seen Episode III twice. Will probably play hooky with my friend Peter on Friday and see it again. I live about an hour from George Lucas, many a day I have pondered driving up to Skywalker Ranch and stabbing him in the jugular with a salad fork for stealing 4 hours of my life with the dreck that was Episode I and II. He is now forgiven. Though I still don''t get Jimmy Smits, in ANYTHING.

Immediately after seeing it for the 1st time, my husband and I came home and watched The O.G., Empire, and Jedi. Straight through. Forced a coupla friends to watch with us. It was a good Sunday
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2005 5:58:02 AM
Author: MrsFrk
I''ve now seen Episode III twice. Will probably play hooky with my friend Peter on Friday and see it again. I live about an hour from George Lucas, many a day I have pondered driving up to Skywalker Ranch and stabbing him in the jugular with a salad fork for stealing 4 hours of my life with the dreck that was Episode I and II. He is now forgiven. Though I still don''t get Jimmy Smits, in ANYTHING.

Immediately after seeing it for the 1st time, my husband and I came home and watched The O.G., Empire, and Jedi. Straight through. Forced a coupla friends to watch with us. It was a good Sunday
1.gif
Hah! Our goal this holiday weekend - snuck in between cookouts & the regular holiday fare - was to watch 1 through 6. Goal accomplished. It''s really interesting to see the run & then become full circle. We bought the new trilogy & it has a small surprise at the very end. A pleasant surprise since I am obsessing with the sexiness of Hayden Chris. & the seduction of the Dark Side of the Force.
28.gif
9.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stumped him. It was easy. I am a worthy opponent and fledgling member of the Dark Side.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2005 2:40:08 PM
Author: Matata
Stumped him. It was easy. I am a worthy opponent and fledgling member of the Dark Side.
hehehe....shows what they know! ....fledgling member.....
you''re a fully fledged member!!
11.gif

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results