shape
carat
color
clarity

Im not sure im a "Diamond girl"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread has been an interesting read for me. I have two red spinel rings and I loved making each of them. I am currently not wearing any jewelry at all and wondering why not. I am just going to follow your thread for now.

Deb/AGBF

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1447813938|3951074 said:
This thread has been an interesting read for me. I have two red spinel rings and I loved making each of them. I am currently not wearing any jewelry at all and wondering why not. I am just going to follow your thread for now.

Deb/AGBF

Why do you think you aren't wearing them?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold my e-ring and have zero regrets. For me, it was such a smart financial decision because there are so many things
I can do with that money instead of having it sit on my finger. I don't miss having a wedding set at all. I just wear a plain band 99% of the time. Simple, inexpensive, and timeless.

I think I prefer bold, chunky costume jewelry instead, like cute/trendy necklaces and earrings.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1447814553|3951079 said:

Why do you think you aren't wearing them?

Thank you for being interested, Niel! I really don't know. I do put on certain pieces of jewelry when I have a family party (the same pieces). Those I keep locked in a filing cabinet in my father's ground floor bedroom so that they are readily accessible. (I sleep upstairs with my daughter.) My largest diamond (one slightly over 2 carats) that is set in a bezel on a gold wire necklace is not among those pieces, however. None of my large colored stone rings with diamond side stones that would cause more of a stir are, either. The pieces I put on are all simple gold and diamond pieces that go with everything and not huge.

Every day I wear a Timex watch and no rings, bracelets, or necklace. I took off my wedding ring a couple of years ago, but I don't think I stopped wearing all jewelry then. A couple of years ago I tried to sell the jewelry that I thought might raise money because I wanted to buy a 3-carat ring. I only sold one diamond, and with that I had earrings made.

Did my planning to sell everything make me value it less? Maybe. But I had the earrings made. Obviously I planned to wear them.

Maybe it is just depression.

At any rate, we should probably get back to your topic! Do you think you might want to make a red spinel ring? If you do, Colored Stones is the place to go to design it!!!

Deb :wavey:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your 5 stone ring is classic and one of the prettiest rings out there. Perfection. I would not mess with it in any way. I am a CS lover (the first forum I visit here everyday) but my taste is simple-rubies, emeralds and blue sapphires (I call these stones 'The Holy Trinity".) I wear these CS rings (all three stone design with 2 diamond side stones) on my right hand and my diamond ER and/or diamond eternity band on the left hand. I love a good pearl, aqua, opal and the neon chrysos and tourmalines but I adore the sparkle and play on different lights with a diamond. The CS forum is really awesome and I have learned so much. Good luck on finding your CS.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no I love your diamond ring!

I love coloured stones for a variety of reasons - the pop of colour makes me happy and I love how unique and rare they can be. But diamonds are so timeless and I absolutely love the sparkle!

If you feel as though diamonds don't do it for you anymore then perhaps you should sell the ring. Or keep the diamonds for side stones for your upcoming CS projects!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1447782089|3950812 said:
Which is why I'm torn, do I sell something I think is the perfect version of itself? Or do I because its perfect yet I still find something missing.

With how often you tire of your rings, I wonder if it is not that diamonds vs colored stones are the issue, but that you are just not a "forever ring" person but still feel the pressure to be. You seem to enjoy the hunt and putting together something perfect, but once you have it, you want the excitement of the hunt and creation again.

I rarely wear jewelry... I wear my engagement ring or another ring in its place when leaving the house, and put on earrings/necklace/other rings if I'm doing something extra fun. I just like LOOKING at my jewelry. I open up the jewelry box and look at everything pretty much every day.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are probably right its more about bordom than it is about not liking diamonds.
I think it's bordom in having nothing to create and bordom of feeling like I'm more "quirky" than diamonds.

Also to everyone's point, I'm sure it means something that I haven't sold this ring and I have sold everything else.

I guess I'll just have to make two rings.What a shame :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you should give yourself some time to think about it, like six months. If you still feel this way after the time is up, you know it isn't boredom or any other impulsive feeling and you will feel more comfortable moving forward.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Im not sure im a "Diamond girl"

distracts said:
Niel|1447782089|3950812 said:
Which is why I'm torn, do I sell something I think is the perfect version of itself? Or do I because its perfect yet I still find something missing.

With how often you tire of your rings, I wonder if it is not that diamonds vs colored stones are the issue, but that you are just not a "forever ring" person but still feel the pressure to be. You seem to enjoy the hunt and putting together something perfect, but once you have it, you want the excitement of the hunt and creation again.

I rarely wear jewelry... I wear my engagement ring or another ring in its place when leaving the house, and put on earrings/necklace/other rings if I'm doing something extra fun. I just like LOOKING at my jewelry. I open up the jewelry box and look at everything pretty much every day.

I'm the same! Just like a magpie. I want to collect the pretty sparklies but don't need to wear them... I just want to open my jewellery box and LOOK at them :D

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1447783171|3950825 said:
smitcompton|1447782379|3950817 said:
Hi Neil,

I would consider the fact that you seem to enjoy creating new rings. You buy stones, set them, and then sell them. You know, I just couldn't believe you sold the one with the side diamonds. That was a keeper.

I'm not really sure which is your diamond engagement ring so I'll only comment on the marquise that you have. That was so wonderfully inexpensive that I think you should keep that one. I think you are itchy to create.

I,myself am not a lover of diamonds. I like colored stones with diamonds around them. I have a marquise like you, and some diamond earrings that I like. I have several bands, but would prefer colored diamonds more than anything. I have about 6, half yellow.

I wouldn't sell your ring until you are sure of a replacement idea. Don't be too anxious to sell.

Annette

Yes you're very right I definitely love to "create"

I am not wealthy, nor really on par with many of the people on this site. If I don't love something, I can't justify keeping it in a jewelry box on my desk.

The ring I'm referring to is my 5 stone. And you're also probably right it means something that I still haven't sold it. Lol.

Your 5 stone ring is one of my all time favorites! I'm shocked you are thinking of not keeping it! But then again I also know what it is like to have a wandering eye. Alas I will need to be out of the stone/jewelry shopping market for a couple years due to other priorities.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Im not sure im a "Diamond girl"

partgypsy said:
Hi Neil,

I would consider the fact that you seem to enjoy creating new rings. You buy stones, set them, and then sell them. You know, I just couldn't believe you sold the one with the side diamonds. That was a keeper.

I'm not really sure which is your diamond engagement ring so I'll only comment on the marquise that you have. That was so wonderfully inexpensive that I think you should keep that one. I think you are itchy to create.

I,myself am not a lover of diamonds. I like colored stones with diamonds around them. I have a marquise like you, and some diamond earrings that I like. I have several bands, but would prefer colored diamonds more than anything. I have about 6, half yellow.

I wouldn't sell your ring until you are sure of a replacement idea. Don't be too anxious to sell.

Annette

I am not wealthy, nor really on par with many of the people on this site. If I don't love something, I can't justify keeping it in a jewelry box on my desk.

The ring I'm referring to is my 5 stone. And you're also probably right it means something that I still haven't sold it. Lol.

Your 5 stone ring is one of my all time favorites! I'm shocked you are thinking of not keeping it! But then again I also know what it is like to have a wandering eye. Alas I will need to be out of the stone/jewelry shopping market for a couple years due to other priorities.

So I've been hearing a lot about this ring... How about a few pics? :D (unless I missed them and they were posted earlier...)

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Im not sure im a

pearaffair|1447991979|3951961 said:
partgypsy said:
Hi Neil,

Annette

So I've been hearing a lot about this ring... How about a few pics? :D (unless I missed them and they were posted earlier...)

It's her avatar ;))

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1447816807|3951099 said:
I sold my e-ring and have zero regrets. For me, it was such a smart financial decision because there are so many things
I can do with that money instead of having it sit on my finger. I don't miss having a wedding set at all. I just wear a plain band 99% of the time. Simple, inexpensive, and timeless.

I think I prefer bold, chunky costume jewelry instead, like cute/trendy necklaces and earrings.

Wait... does that mean you no longer have your two Blue Nile halos?? :eh:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, if you're not happy then you're not happy. You don't need to justify this to anyone.

Explore your options, keep your excellent eyes peeled & go for it. I would be tempted to keep your diamonds, or some of them, get a CS of your dreams & build some huge design incorporating them all. You're a tall girl with long fingers - you can totally carry it off.

A friend of mine had this exact Dilemma a few years ago with her trilogy diamond ring. She loved it, but wanted a sapphire. In the end, after years of wrangling with her heart, her loyalty to the ring her husband proposed with & a real inner torment, she went for it. The diamonds in her ring were excellent, so with their value her jeweller was able to source a larger diamond for the centre & 2 beautiful large ceylon sapphires for the sides, and build a new trilogy. It looks perfect, it suits her large hand better & she regrets not doing it years ago. It's knockout :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results