carat
color
clarity

Anyone buy from ebay seller siamgold78?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1441489496|3924074 said:
I received my stones from Siamgold78 on thurs but just managed to take pictures today.

Stats: 1.83 ct dark clue cobalt spinel that exhibits a color shift. 8.02mm x 6.99mm x 4.16mm cushion cut. (So cut to its limits and faces up big) with GiA certification

I was looking for an similar sized cushion darkish blue spinel for work for the days when in need to wear a navy suit and not stand out too much. In my best case scenario the spinel would generally look navy but sparkly and occasionally flash bright colors taking people to see it by surprise. Planned a three stone ring in white gold with diamond traps or rounds on each side

In summary i think the vendor pics were fair. Stone is pictured at its best and looks great even in my coast USA sun and shade. Of course I know what blue spinels are like so I don't expect to see the bright blue all the time. I know that the sun in thailand is a different brightness and that colors in tropical countries look more saturated in general than they do in temperate climates (my apt in Bogota Colombia can have orange walls and look great but the same paint color in NY looks silly (speaking from experience) given the dimensions I expected the stone to have some windowing but it disappears when I pop it into a setting. I'm happy. I still don't think my pics capture the stone at its best. Taking a pic with iPhone using one hand is complicated

Here is Gia report. I think it is hard to read so you can look online if you want. Report number: 2206600972

Here is vendor video http://youtu.be/lH1FKL7M3Yo

Here are vendor pics on left and mine on right

This shows color "shift". Left stone is a color shift sapphire, middle stone is cobalt spinel' right stone is my other blue spinel (flashes teal). Color change sapphire goes from tanzanite color to amethyst color. Top pic is outside under tree and bottom pic is in supermarket

Hope this helps. Oh by the way I also bought a rose pink spinel from same vendor. I'm probably going to return it because the color, though beautiful, doesn't go with my skin tone. Liked the cut. Chubby with high crown

Edited to include GIA report number and fix typo

ooo I like this stone, and the pictures look close to being accurate (at least close enough that I would be totally happy with it :) )

thanks for sharing, I'm glad you had good luck with this vendor!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura: thank you so much for your comparison shots. Your stone looks very nice and quite similar, though their photos definitely show it to be more saturated, which I wouldn't attribute all to the difference in lattitude, if you kwim. ;))

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Minou: yes I kwym :) and I do agree. I got what I expected to get. The GIA very encouraged me to buy from this vendor. But I likely would have been disappointed if I didn't already have a few blue spinels and know what's realistic.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump. He has an orange spinel that looks interesting, but I didn't even know that's a thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results