shape
carat
color
clarity

So I got 5 kids for trick or treat

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had endless streams of children from the very young to some that are taller than me! All were very polite children and I encouraged them to take 2 pieces each.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had so many! I don't know what number it was, because I wasn't there the whole time (took my own little one around the neighborhood), but we went through 5 large bags of candy and ran out 2 hours into the evening.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We had about 200. Small neighborhood with houses close to each other, so lots of trick or treaters with young kids!. We ran out of the 2 Giant Costco size bags, and started handing out juice boxes.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Just watched the 5 o'clock news. Report of a mother finding a sewing needle in a piece of candy. That was from my home state. Two more incidences in Massachusetts and 1 in Pennsylvania.

Now I see why tick or treating is down. Probably will even be lower next year. Parents are not going to want to take the risk.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We had a small number. Less and less every year. But the few who did come were so excited, very polite and adorable! I gave them each handfuls of chips and candy.....

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1446501905|3944902 said:
Just watched the 5 o'clock news. Report of a mother finding a sewing needle in a piece of candy. That was from my home state. Two more incidences in Massachusetts and 1 in Pennsylvania.

Now I see why tick or treating is down. Probably will even be lower next year. Parents are not going to want to take the risk.

Meh!
Fear fear fear! :roll:

Probably lots of kids were hit by cars while TOTing Saturday night, but the media won't jump on that story.
Not shocking enuf to get tongues wagging. :nono:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Someone getting hit by a car, a horrible accident.

Someone deliberately putting sewing needles in candy. It takes a sick sort of bleep to do that. I would consider him more of a threat that he is living in my neighborhood.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My parents stopped counting after 1200 or so, and they live in a small town. We live in a condo development and we didn't get one trick or treater.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1446501905|3944902 said:

Not should I downplay someone getting a needle or nail in a piece of candy, but when those incidents are investigated about 75% of these incidents are found to be hoaxes (the child or the parent did it). Not to downplay risk, but there are a lot worse risks out there than trick or treating. There is no way to child proof the world, or fix "stupid" (aka nutsos running around).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a PSA:

You can't really return candy; the store will have to defect it out because they cannot put it back on the shelf after a food item has left the store. Keep it and give it away to friends or co-workers, etc.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
It is actually being reported widespread. Another 2 children received toilet bowl cleaner disks.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock
We didn't hand out candy because we had just moved in but if we were, I'm betting we would've had at least 50 kids.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1446578905|3945223 said:
It is actually being reported widespread. Another 2 children received toilet bowl cleaner disks.

Which is why it is always a good idea to go through the kid's candy with them.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Free toilet bowl cleaner? Awesome!
I should go TOTing.
After all, a penny saved is a penny earned. :appl:
More money for diamonds. :naughty:

Actually, we're getting low on sewing needles too, and they're so expensive these days.

Too bad they don't give out razor blades any more.
My beard's getting mangey.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I should go TOTing.

Actually, we're getting low on sewing needles too, and they're so expensive these days.

Are you responding this way because it is me. Or do you really feel this way?

Because your post is not funny in the least. In fact is a bit sick.

It is being reported all over the country, but I guess you feel is it less serious than a diamond being a speck off in its dimension.

Is this what this place has become?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1446589940|3945309 said:
I should go TOTing.

Sorry, but I see nothing funny about your post.

Then don't laugh.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Then don't laugh.

Read my updated post. I am not laughing. Just disgusted.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well at least it was still in the original wrapper that had printed on it, keep out of reach of children, etc. A mean prank.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1446934884|3946781 said:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tis-season-halloween-candy-scares-hoaxes-35018136

Yet fear fear fear spreads like wildfire ... well, at least among the gullible. :roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results