shape
carat
color
clarity

What color stone goes best with paraiba?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I think I might be hooked! I have been trolling Yvonne's site and got a few of the paraiba cabs she had recently! I want to make earrings and a pendant. Any color/stone suggestions? Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1444276667|3936121 said:
Ok, I think I might be hooked! I have been trolling Yvonne's site and got a few of the paraiba cabs she had recently! I want to make earrings and a pendant. Any color/stone suggestions? Thanks!

IMO, baby pink, or blush pink.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great! Do you have photo's of the stones and the dimensions (and possibly inspiration designs?).
Mochiko has combined her stone with RG and pink sapphires which is a stunning combination. Chrono will also use thid metal/stone combo. Using a white metal and diamonds will also look great. I guess it all depends on your personal taste as well as the design you will choose and the size of the stones.
Have you seen the cuprian/ Paraiba tourmaline thread for inspiration?

S

SparkliesLuver

I'll never forget when Yvonne shared this with me (it's for her personal collection). I think it's stunning. The hauynites are gorgeous, so those and diamonds would get my vote. :) Happy deciding!

icm_62.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the combo of "hot" which is baby pink + light greenish blue over the combo of "cool" which is light blue or light green + light greenish blue.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Are you talking about these? Pinks as mentioned are pretty- so sapphires, pink diamonds, morganite, kunzite, etc. I'm not sure how light I'd go as depending on your skintone and color of your hair soft pinks are sometimes washed out.

Some other ideas you might want to consider are moonstones (especially rainbow), opals, or drop shaped south sea pearls or even some exotic colored tahitian pearls.

il_237.jpg

2010entry178.jpg

eveningwear2nd.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray Lilysweet. I am so happy you got some of those cabs. I strongly suggest you prioritize this paraiba earring and pendant project ahead of the spess sunflower because I think finding the best color combination will be easier. (I'll be posting some ideas to your spess thread later tonight)

Below are the vendor photos of my avatar. My paraibas are 2mm in this pendant with a 5mm center (though I think it's a little bigger than 5, maybe 5.5)

I gathered many inspiration pics before settling on tanzanite. I'll make a collage of those pics and post later today. Also I have some IRL pics of my pendant on home PC.

How many cabs did you get?

_34798.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
So excited to see pictures and hear from you. I think I agree about prioritizing the project because I still can't say I am 100% sure about the spess combo and have no idea what to do about metal color. I have 4 of the paraiba cabs shown in the picture, 2 for earrings and 2 for a pendant. Yvonne has a pear chryso and 2 pear Mali garnets that she thinks will work and I am also intrigued by the 12 oblong grass green tourmaline pair to go with the paraiba. Any thoughts? Thanks!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had you paraiba melee Sungura from the sunflower pendant! I think I would love that with my spess!!! :love:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Oops! Forgot to mention that the cabs are 3mm each.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Here are some pics from Yvonne. Thoughts please!

_34799.jpg

_34800.jpg

_34801.jpg

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
My dream is to have my 2 carat greenish blue Paraiba oval set with my two 1 carat round Mahenge red/pink spinels. :lickout:

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Ooooooooooooh! Can you post pictures of the stones pleeeeeeeease! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm not even a purple fan, but I vote for the tanzanite (or whatever they are - sorry if I'm wrong) pears. The overall size and shape work really well, too. My second choice would be the chryso pears.

I second the ask for photos from RSargent! :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1444329447|3936359 said:
I'm not even a purple fan, but I vote for the tanzanite (or whatever they are - sorry if I'm wrong) pears. The overall size and shape work really well, too.

This, hands down. Good colour combo and perfect proportions to my eyes.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I will take it tonight and post it tomorrow!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
lilysweet|1444323738|3936319 said:
I wish I had you paraiba melee Sungura from the sunflower pendant! I think I would love that with my spess!!! :love:

Hi Lilysweet. Here's a thought. Make the earrings but hold off on the pendant for a moment. Have Yvonne send you the two remaining cabs and look at them with your spess. If you love it, make a three stone ring. Its getting harder and harder to find big enough melee to do the sunflower. If you don't like it, mail it back for the pendant. Otherwise you can wait for a little paraiba you can use for a pendant. Recently she has listed some small ones that would work. Much easier to find a single stone than a pair.

Anyway just a thought. That's how my mind works ;-)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1444329558|3936360 said:
SparkliesLuver|1444329447|3936359 said:
I'm not even a purple fan, but I vote for the tanzanite (or whatever they are - sorry if I'm wrong) pears. The overall size and shape work really well, too.

This, hands down. Good colour combo and perfect proportions to my eyes.

Completely agree, that one is easily my favorite of the options pictured.

Lilysweet, glad you got some of those cute cabs, I like them and they're perfect for the type of projects you're looking at.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colours are very personal, and this colour combination is what I would try and achieve with my future copper-bearing tourmaline ring:

download_15.jpg

spi-and-paraiba-news2.jpg

20_1.jpg

08ca26c6a4d1a8d5f3af7af0e4346a1e.jpg

DK :bigsmile:

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Love the combo DK! Here is my 3.42 carat pear cuprian with two 1 carat tanzanian spinels. I was thinking this would make a nice ring. I have an oval 2 carat cuprian but the photo was awful.

_34819.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was told by other PSers on numerous occasions that this same colour combination of green and red that I was considering is too Christmas like. ;( But if you like it, you like it and don't let others dissuade you. :))

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
Ho Ho Ho! Christmas year round! I am okay with it! White gold equals white Christmas? :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RSargent|1444399737|3936601 said:
Ho Ho Ho! Christmas year round! I am okay with it! White gold equals white Christmas? :love:
Guess so....as long as I am the recipient and not the giver. :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1444351848|3936468 said:
Colours are very personal, and this colour combination is what I would try and achieve with my future copper-bearing tourmaline ring:

download_15.jpg

20_1.jpg

the Swala gem traders photo is a favorite color combo for me also-LOVE it!!!!!!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
dk168|1444351848|3936468 said:

download_15.jpg

20_1.jpg

Beautiful! I prefer the bottom ring, it has less metal (less of other color) in between the colored stones.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my car from new, and paid for a custom paint job so that her wing mirrors and roof are lime green against her red body. :bigsmile:

She was the first car of her kind to have such a whacky colour combination, and inspired others to throw the official colour chart for that marque out of the window (official roof and wing mirror colour options in 2002 were black, white or body colour as the rest of the car).

I had a jacket made with green wool, lined with red lining.

I am having a ring made with these stones - a pink red spinel and Tsavorites:
pinkspinelwithtsavoritemelees.jpg

My favourite tree is Rowan with its red berries against the green leaves, and I love deep pink roses against green leaves.

I guess I classify as a lover of red and green.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
lilysweet. Here are the pictures I collected when I was deciding on a center stone for my Paraiba melee. Of the options Yvonne presented For you I prefer the tanzanite. I like the proportions and I think that here if room to add a third stone between the Paraiba and tanzanite some day if you wish (maybe an opal). I do like Paraiba with green and I love those line green tourmalines Yvonne has but I think the amount of green will overwhelm the paraibas.

My inspiration pics are organized into: tanzanite, blue sapphire, greens, opals, and oranges. The opal and Paraiba stacking rings are from a PSer. Here is the link: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-paraiba-tourmaline-and-opal-stackers.188338/

_34829.jpg

_34830.jpg

_34831.jpg

_34832.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Last picture. (Hit 4 picture limit)

_34833.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love neon orange with paraiba too, like pairing it with neon orange Mexican fire opal.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you can see - there are many options and opinions can vary widely based on personal taste/preferences. I know that I personally have a blue/green combination addition but often have to use the inspiration of others to steer me from it.

Can't wait to see what you decide!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results