shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your colors of the Rainbow! (Including poll)

What rainbow colors do you have (more options possible)

• Red

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • Green

Votes: 54 50.9%
  • Blue

Votes: 66 62.3%
  • Indigo

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Violet

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I have all the colors of the Rainbow in my collection

Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't believe I missed blue day! So many pretties posted in my favorite color :love:

I was thinking of my tanzi (top) and one of violet-blue my sapphires (2nd) when answering the survey.

indigo_tanzi.jpg

indigo_sapphire.jpg

Oh...and I see lapis counts..purchased on a whim and boring compared to Acinom's...Actually, I will skip my bluer sapphires because it's a waste of space compared to hers :tongue:

lapisring.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to keep this one quiet for a bit longer--but for the sake of blue/indigo day I'll share! :) I am having a 5 stone trellis style ring made (inspired by Yssie's beauty) by Michael E of Gem Shoppe. Using AUS sapphires--here is his pic w the center stone (right now its 9mm, he is recutting it to brighten it and get it down to 7mm which is my preferred size). The pic also shows what will be side stones (4mm, and then the smaller 3mm), just in case it looks odd that there are small stones on one side and larger on the other haha :)

Katherine%20sapphires.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Indigo day. Perhaps my favorite color for gems. Happy to see Acinom's lapis ring again. I would love a teeny tiny version of that unique ring. Acinom's sapphire always makes me smile and reminds me to stick to fancy color sapphires since I'll never acquire a blue like that. Lilmosun's large tanzy is so elegant. Love that violet blue sapphire in its setting. So unique. And lovedogs I'm sooooooo excited about your project.

I took all my blue babies out today for a photo shot. It's a gloomy day on the east coast so nobody looks their saturated, sparkly selves but I'm posting anyway

Top half are all tanzanites. Highlights are the gene cushion in upper right I got from a PSer and that
tanzanite and Brazilian paraiba pendant

On the bottom half are four blue spinels and some tiny cobalts from Vietnam, three unheated sapphires (one color shift and two winzas) and a Nepalese kyanite. On the bottom right are a few necklaces I've stung. 3 with tanzanites and 1 with tanzanian iolites

First to be set will be the blue spinel cushion then the gene cushion. On my wish list is a large, very saturated blue tanzanite rectangle

_34265.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lilmosun: thank you for sharing your pretty things! You have a fabulous collection. I love your Lapis Lazuli ring :love: :love: What a fabulous piece. And I am a huge fan of your Tanzanite and sapphire rings. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your kind words :wavey: Your post made me laugh :lol:

Lovedogs: oooooh! That will be a fabulous ring. :love: :love: What a great idea to make a sapphire Trellis ring. I am so looking forward seeing the result. Amazing center stone by the way. I am so glad you were willing to make a reveal here.

Sungura: what a stunning collection you have :love: :love: . How many stones do you have in total. Your collection must be huge.
I love love love your Indigo blue collection. Your Gene stone is my personal favourite. Looking forward seeing it set.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This spinel was a gift to my daughter but she gave it back to me. Long story but it ends well. :) The best thing IMHO about this stone is that it has flashes of red.
009_8.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Blues...

_34269.jpg

_34270.jpg

_34271.jpg

_34272.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN: what a beautiful beautiful stone. It has such a fascinating and stunning color. Do you have more pics? The setting complements the stone perfectly. Who made the setting for you if I may ask?

Katharath: thanks for sharing your (indigo) blues!! You have a fabulous blue collection!!! My favourite is the round untreated ceylon in the first photo. I also love all your setting choices: the YG combines really well with the blues.

Really nice to be able to have a look in your jewelry boxes :wavey:

_34276.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
LisaRN I really like your dark blue spinel ring - really elegant. What a great surprise that you get red flashes!

Katharath thanks for reminding me how nicely gold pairs with very saturated blues. I love that free form cab with the two cat eyes.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your red, orange, yellow, green, blue and indigo contributions till sofar. And WELCOME TO VIOLET SATURDAY!
Share your purple garnet, your amethysts and other 'violet like' colors.

_34282.jpg

_34283.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My contribution to Violet Saturday:

_34286.jpg

_34287.jpg

_34288.jpg

_34289.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheating a little with Magenta on Violet Saturday:

_34290.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some eyecandy from the purple/violet thread TL initiated:

_34292.jpg

_34293.jpg

_34294.jpg

_34295.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Anothe great thread, thakn you Acinom for starting it. :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can play, here are my collection of Amethyst so far.

Concave cut by Richard Homer (glamour shot by RH):
2590amy_0.jpg

A selection of my purchases from Jeff Davies (the cushion is the first to be set):
jd2p62ctamethysttrillion882x651.jpg
jdamethyst3p82ct1194x860x667.jpg
jdamethyst2p40ct84mm.jpg
jd2p32ctamethyst9x586.jpg jdamethyst2.jpg
jdamethyst5.jpg

There are more, however, I shan't bore you with them.

DK :))

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Violet day! Acinom you found so many beautiful pieces I've never seen before. And DK168 it must be wonderful to see all those beautifully cut amethysts all lined up together!

I'm most excited to show you all my purple garnet gut by Gene. I think it's obvious which one it is (upper right). All the photos in this collage were taken outside at 6 pm last night. There is also a profile shot of the purple garnet so you can see the high crown!

Also I set in the collage are a violet spinel cushion from Vietnam, a purple cuprian tourmaline from Mozambique and some dark amethysts round beads I knotted in silk

4 rings: amethyst in gold, antique filigree in white gold with amethyst, large amethyst trillion and a 5 stone ring from Yvonne Raley with Rhodilite and tanzanite

The piece of rough is a 2 ct Kornerupine from Tanzania. You can see the dichroism really well. I'm planning to just have it polished a bit and I'll put it in a ring just as it is.

_34299.jpg

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
I so love violet day!!! I want all of them!

Sungura, your violet collection is amazing! Especially that gorgeous purple garnet and that rough. :love:

Beautiful amethysts DK! How are you going to set them all?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura I am drooling over the rough! It's so amazing and multicolored! I can't wait to see it set!

DK you seem to be the purple queen! Love all those JD stones :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such gorgeous violet and magenta gems on this thread! :love:

Here's my contribution- A Jackson Crossroads Ammy.
010_10.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new violet additions. I like :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems: glad you are enjoying this thread.

DK: or should I say purple queen? You have an amazing purple collection. Remember: you are on PS! We don't get bored by seeing a large collection of purple stones! One of my favourites is the Richard Homer piece.

Sungura: ooooh! What an amazing collage with stunning stones and jewelry! I especialyy love love love Gene's purple garnet and that amazing piece of rough. Looking forward to see it set.

LisaRN: what a stunning velvet-like color. It has such warmth and oomph. Any ideas on how you will set it? The color looks perfect with your skintone.

YOUR INVITATION FOR THE RAINBOW GRANDE FINALE
Prepare for RAINBOW SUNDAY..
Share the pieces you did not share yet on the designated day, share all your pics with rainbow colored stones and jewelry and/or make a line up with your rainbow pieces together.

So, keep the Violets coming and prepare for RAINBOW SUNDAY

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1442074942|3926877 said:
Great new violet additions. I like :love: :love: :love:

Lovinggems: glad you are enjoying this thread.

DK: or should I say purple queen? You have an amazing purple collection. Remember: you are on PS! We don't get bored by seeing a large collection of purple stones! One of my favourites is the Richard Homer piece.

Sungura: ooooh! What an amazing collage with stunning stones and jewelry! I especialyy love love love Gene's purple garnet and that amazing piece of rough. Looking forward to see it set.

LisaRN: what a stunning velvet-like color. It has such warmth and oomph. Any ideas on how you will set it? The color looks perfect with your skintone.

YOUR INVITATION FOR THE RAINBOW GRANDE FINALE
Prepare for RAINBOW SUNDAY..
Share the pieces you did not share yet on the designated day, share all your pics with rainbow colored stones and jewelry and/or make a line up with your rainbow pieces together.

So, keep the Violets coming and prepare for RAINBOW SUNDAY

Rainbow Sunday- I can't wait!!!!

Acinom- I don't have plans to set my Ammy. Soooo disappointed when I scratched the Ammy in one of my rings that I don't trust myself with another one and I rarely wear pendants anymore. One day when I am not so lazy I will probably put it up for sale.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your kind words. Amethyst is my birthstone, and I stopped wearing them for a while, when I decided to wear diamonds, pearls and rubies only.

Thanks to this forum, I decided it was time to venture into the colourful world of CS over a year ago.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
lovedogs|1441657390|3924684 said:
yennyfire|1441649990|3924646 said:
My rainbow of cabochon studs for my diamond earring jackets....terrible photo, but it's all I've got and I'm too lazy to get them all out to try again. :rolleyes:

Wow Yennyfire! That looks like fun to have so many colorful choices! Beautiful collection!
Thanks lovedogs!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN: ow, I know how it feels, having scratched my first Aqua a long time ago. Somehow I am now more careful with my hands, so there is hope... I hope you decide against selling it as the stone looks amazing on you and it's such a stunning color.

DK: is it only a year ago since you started collecting colored stones? You have acquired the most amazing stones. Do you know how many loose stones you have at the moment?

IT'S RAINBOW SUNDAY!! TIME TO SHARE THE PICS YOU HAVE NOT SHARED YET OR A LINE UP OF YOUR RAINBOW. COLORV COLLECTION

_34356.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal contribution for RAINBOW SUNDAY:

_34359.jpg

_34362.jpg

_34363.jpg

_34367.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
img_20150913_165451.jpg
Direct sunlight and indirect sunlight.

So... I might require an intervention. Except for the two Tiffany's necklaces, everything in this photo was acquired in the past two years. I blame Pricescope :Up_to_something:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow Acinom...that is one stunning rainbow family shot.!!!!! Holy smokes Mochiko! I knew you were always in the middle of a project, but Yikes what a spectacular collection. I'll be studying it

For Rainbow Sunday I'm sharing the most fun I ever had on my iPad (lol)....Rainbow of Rough

Light makes a rainbow and lighting makes my rainbow so hard to photograph
spinel(Vietnam), spinel octahedron (Burma), Ruby (Longido and Winza, Tanzania), Spessartine dodecahedra, ( Loliondo Tanzania) yellow tourmaline (unknown), tourmaline (Congo), grossular garnet, merelani, tanzania), Kornerupine (umba, tanzania), Emerald, Muzo, Colombia, Kornerupine (different axis), tanzanite, (merelani Tanzania), Hayune (Germany), more tanzanite on differnt axes, spinel (Vietnam) purple garnet, Mozambique), spinel (Vietnam). i used to live in Tanzania so I'm a bit of a tanzanian gem nut

I wish Marlow would see I followed his instructions to use my iPad as a dichroscope :rodent:

Can't wait to what what else will be posted today.

_34376.jpg

_34377.jpg

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, more amazing collections, especially you, Mochiko. Cant believe you accumulated such a gorgeous collection in only two years! :appl: (PS is very bad for that!!)

Here's a few of my stones that i took a few years back. I keep wanting to make a huge family shot, but I don't have the paitence! :cheeky:

7ff65975-c690-4879-aaff-98b4fc29216e.jpg

8658601b-52ea-4127-a735-c952faac8d9d.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot complete a rainbow yet, still have yellow, orange, green and dark blue missing.

Thanks everyone for sharing their rainbows with the rest of us.

And yes, I guess I started dipping my toes into CS about a year and a half ago when my finances were in a better shape, and took the plunge and asked Jeff White to cut me a couple of stones for a project.

Then I discovered Jeff D's eBay store, and the rest is history.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh! I am amazed :love: :love: :love:

Mochiko: you have silently but steadily collected an amazing collection with bright rainbow colors. Gorgeous!!!

Sungura: such fabulous pieces of rough! These pieces look like candy. Do you have plans of having them cut? Where did you find that amazing rough if I may ask?

Deathspi: oooh! Rainbow to the max. Thanks for sharing your fabulous stones. Any plans on having these set?

DK: pieces of rainbow are as amazing as the complete rainbow, so please feel free to share. And as you said you still have not shared all your purples :naughty:

Hope to see even more line-ups and snapshots of (partly) rainbow color collections.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rainbow of baby stones that will be used as sidestones or in stack/cluster rings (except for the larger tourmaline which is a stretch as I didn't have any red stones unset)

Clockwise from noon - Another spess, alexandrite, ccg, tsavs, cobalt spinel, purple garnets, tourmaline, sphene (should've probably put a yellow garnet there), paraiba tourm in the middle.

rainbow_0.jpg

Mochiko - I've always admired your colors :love: and didn't realize we started collecting around the same time. If only I had joined PS at the start as I regret some earlier purchases.
Sungara - Thanks for sharing your collections of EVERY color that stands on its own.
Deathspi - Looks like you have some incredible projects coming up?
Acinom - thanks for a fun thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results