shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your David Klass bling!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay I was hoping you'd post more pics here. I really like it. I have dreams of a similar three stone bezel. Is this plat?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing more pics Violetphoenix!! I love the look of the ring after the alteration. Great choice.

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Neil and Acinom!! I like the simplicity of this three stones bezel setting too, but originally if I didn't plan to add the 4 corner diamonds, I would have asked David to squeeze the two side diamonds closer to the center stone and angle them downward a little bit. I only noticed this after I read other threads. My next project, red Vietnamese spinel-currently at AGL, I'll be more critical or will post cads to this forum to get some recommendations.

Niel, you have been very helpful to the other PSer with the halo ring DK is working on right now. I definitely will need your and Acinom's help later for sure. Yes, it's platinum but this time David forgot and made it so high polish or he might has it plated with rhodium. David and Amy knew I prefer the natural polish, but I guess they were busy and forgot my original request. I just have to remind him again and again on my next project. He probably would have redone it for me but I really don't want to mess up the emerald. The pics I took last night for you in my bright lit bathroom, the emerald looks so synthetic but the pics David took and the outdoor pics I took earlier is how it really look irl. It's a very bright and clean stone, but only after David took it out from its old setting and polished it for me. He's very good about taking care of small things like that for his clients..I noticed.

Go to some estate sales or eBay and find old estate rings and repur them. That's what I did. Emerald and diamonds came from an older cocktail rhr eBay find that I can't wear. Try that route and you can stay within your budget. David is reasonable but isn't cheap by any mean. I still prefer DK because he's patient and easy to deal with.
Hey, I'll let you know if I ever spot a bargain. I see that you like "yellow colored" stones. I saw an old european fancy yellow marquise diamond on eBay and didn't pay attention and let it got away. It did cross my mind that you might be the winner of that auction. It had your name all over it!!! If it wasn't you, I really hope at least another PSer got it and post it here.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your experience Violetphoenix :wavey:
I can relate that CAD's can be complicated to read. Niel is one of the PSers who mastered that art.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Niter -

Can we get some specs on this beauty? Stone color and size, finger size, and metal used? I loved the substantial feel of this and would love to know its proportions.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring!

niter

Rough_Rock
mrs-blop|1439546813|3914403 said:
Hi Niter -

Can we get some specs on this beauty? Stone color and size, finger size, and metal used? I loved the substantial feel of this and would love to know its proportions.

Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring!

Thank you! I can do this. It is a size 8 in platinum. It has a great ring-weight to it without being too overwhelming. I am taller so this ring fits me perfectly. The diamonds are excellent cut, 0.35 cts, F, VS. I love it!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
niter|1439519875|3914344 said:
David designed and crafted this ring for me. The entire process was fantastic. He was very patient with changes/requests and has immeasurable artistic talent. I cannot express how much I love this ring.

https://www.facebook.com/david.klass.jewelry/posts/855620327854106

(these are his photographs)

11751468_855619827854156_7595163359870862058_n_0.jpg

11703349_855619877854151_7812755907426623404_n.jpg

This is gorgeous and I love that you are wearing it on your pointer finger!

netizen2

Rough_Rock
I have been a long time lurker and admirer of all the beautiful rings on Pricescope! I've learned so much from following your posts. I finally had a beautiful halo engagement ring made by David Klass, and he is a true artist and such a pleasure to work with!! Nothing is too much trouble. I had a two-tone halo made from the yellow gold of my original engagement ring, my mother's wedding ring and my grandmother's wedding ring. The white gold was melted down from some of the rings my late husband gave me through the years. David chose the round 1.02 diamond for me and I could not be happier!! I cannot say enough good things about David and his work. He even had the sweet idea of putting my husband and my initials in the gallery….. I adore it. I wear it with my late husband's yellow gold wedding band, which David fixed the engraving…. Photos really do not do this beauty justice. Thanks David!!
image_13_0.jpg image_6_2.jpg image_5_1.jpg

ringwithband.jpg

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
netizen2|1440854410|3920740 said:
I have been a long time lurker and admirer of all the beautiful rings on Pricescope! I've learned so much from following your posts. I finally had a beautiful halo engagement ring made by David Klass, and he is a true artist and such a pleasure to work with!! Nothing is too much trouble. I had a two-tone halo made from the yellow gold of my original engagement ring, my mother's wedding ring and my grandmother's wedding ring. The white gold was melted down from some of the rings my late husband gave me through the years. David chose the round 1.02 diamond for me and I could not be happier!! I cannot say enough good things about David and his work. He even had the sweet idea of putting my husband and my initials in the gallery….. I adore it. I wear it with my late husband's yellow gold wedding band, which David fixed the engraving…. Photos really do not do this beauty justice. Thanks David!!

Beautiful ring and how lovely that he could use sentimental pieces to create it!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Netizen.. what a beautiful ring.. it means so much.. wear it with happiness.

:appl: :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
niter|1439519875|3914344 said:
David designed and crafted this ring for me. The entire process was fantastic. He was very patient with changes/requests and has immeasurable artistic talent. I cannot express how much I love this ring.

https://www.facebook.com/david.klass.jewelry/posts/855620327854106

(these are his photographs)

11751468_855619827854156_7595163359870862058_n_0.jpg

11703349_855619877854151_7812755907426623404_n.jpg

Niter did you send DK an inspiration photo for the "trellis" style, or is it something he came up with? I only ask because I am looking into a 5-stone trellis at some point and trying to figure out what vendor to get it from (also affordability is an issue, so DK is much better on that front vs. VC or similar). Just wondering if you're happy with the trellis design and whether it was easy for him to do that type of work. I absolutely love your ring, and it also looks so comfortable to wear! I'm sure you are thrilled :love: :love:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just found this thread and I'm in heaven!!!! I'm looking for an excuse to get downtown and check out DK's showroom...

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful additions everyone!!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppyguts|1441163484|3922473 said:
My finished chrysoberyl in 18k rose gold. The ring should arrive next week, David just sent me these today

ch710.jpg ch713.jpg ch716.jpg

Your ring came out absolutely amazing puppyguts!! Looking forward to see your handpics next week. I love the clean lines and beautiful bezel. Great craftmanship by David. :love: :love: :love:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
puppyguts|1441163484|3922473 said:
My finished chrysoberyl in 18k rose gold. The ring should arrive next week, David just sent me these today

ch710.jpg ch713.jpg ch716.jpg

Puppyguts, your ring is fabulous! Love the rose gold with your chryso! :appl: Can't wait to see more pics! :wavey:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more DK items are on their way to me! A platinum seven stone OEC ring (stones are from Grace) and a reset of an old pair of studs into rose gold bezels. Here is a photo from David.

b805.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a recent custom made raspberry spinel ring. I am also adding a pink spinel that David re-set into a previous setting because through his magic he made the spinel fit perfectly.
raspberryspinel6.jpg
4_94.jpg

niter

Rough_Rock
lovedogs|1440887887|3920955 said:
Niter did you send DK an inspiration photo for the "trellis" style, or is it something he came up with? I only ask because I am looking into a 5-stone trellis at some point and trying to figure out what vendor to get it from (also affordability is an issue, so DK is much better on that front vs. VC or similar). Just wondering if you're happy with the trellis design and whether it was easy for him to do that type of work. I absolutely love your ring, and it also looks so comfortable to wear! I'm sure you are thrilled :love: :love:

Thank you lovedogs! I love my ring and cannot express how perfect for me it is. David Klass is phenomenal to work with and has excellent craftsmanship and artistry. The design process was a bit of both as I sent David notes on what I was dreaming of and photos of features on trellis rings I liked and disliked. He returned to me cads and adapted them based on feedback. This ring has been over 13 years in the making as it is the ring that I dreamt of when we were first shopping for engagements rings. At the time, our capacity to design a ring was limited by many factors and it has been well worth the wait! I was adamant against a solitaire e-ring because I prefer multi-stone rings and wanted a lower profile band style due to frequently wearing gloves at work. My grandmother had a 5 stone ring that I loved in lieu of a solitaire. Also, I was in love with the trellis/x prong style. I wanted a euro shank to reduce ring roll. When we got engaged, we selected a beautiful ring that I love and discussed that I would get the 5 stone at our 10 year anniversary for my right hand.

Nearly 11 years after we married and 5 children, it was still on my mind. The benefit of time is that both the trellis style and internet (hello pintrest!) has expanded providing so many different versions of the same ring to draw inspiration from. I am a terrible drawer so I could piece together features that I liked from pulling several online photos. David was patient and addressed each one...even the amount of "comfort" doming on the ring and thickness of the band. He also selected all of the diamonds and they are stunning. It truly is perfect ring and surpasses everything I dreamed. I cannot recommend working with David enough. He has several examples of multi-stone rings and they are gorgeous.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
niter|1441481909|3924052 said:
lovedogs|1440887887|3920955 said:

Thank you lovedogs! I love my ring and cannot express how perfect for me it is. David Klass is phenomenal to work with and has excellent craftsmanship and artistry. The design process was a bit of both as I sent David notes on what I was dreaming of and photos of features on trellis rings I liked and disliked. He returned to me cads and adapted them based on feedback. This ring has been over 13 years in the making as it is the ring that I dreamt of when we were first shopping for engagements rings. At the time, our capacity to design a ring was limited by many factors and it has been well worth the wait! I was adamant against a solitaire e-ring because I prefer multi-stone rings and wanted a lower profile band style due to frequently wearing gloves at work. My grandmother had a 5 stone ring that I loved in lieu of a solitaire. Also, I was in love with the trellis/x prong style. I wanted a euro shank to reduce ring roll. When we got engaged, we selected a beautiful ring that I love and discussed that I would get the 5 stone at our 10 year anniversary for my right hand.

Nearly 11 years after we married and 5 children, it was still on my mind. The benefit of time is that both the trellis style and internet (hello pintrest!) has expanded providing so many different versions of the same ring to draw inspiration from. I am a terrible drawer so I could piece together features that I liked from pulling several online photos. David was patient and addressed each one...even the amount of "comfort" doming on the ring and thickness of the band. He also selected all of the diamonds and they are stunning. It truly is perfect ring and surpasses everything I dreamed. I cannot recommend working with David enough. He has several examples of multi-stone rings and they are gorgeous.

Hi Niter,
Thanks so much for your detailed reply! I really appreciate all the info. Your ring is even more special knowing the history behind it :) I'm so happy you are thrilled with it, and that it is everything you hoped. I have been talking with Michael E about the trellis style as well, but your glowing recommendation of DK makes me tempted to get a price quote from him as well :) Thanks again for your help, and I hope your ring makes you happy for the next 13 years :dance: :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful..

Lookinagain|1441283090|3923013 said:
Two more DK items are on their way to me! A platinum seven stone OEC ring (stones are from Grace) and a reset of an old pair of studs into rose gold bezels. Here is a photo from David.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1441301787|3923160 said:
Here is a recent custom made raspberry spinel ring. I am also adding a pink spinel that David re-set into a previous setting because through his magic he made the spinel fit perfectly.

I have a ring by David very similar to that top ring. It looks lovely with a colored stone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results