shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandma Bea's Ring

baroque

Shiny_Rock
A couple of months ago, I came to realize that I had “lost” my grandmother’s wedding ring that had been passed down to me by my mother. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember the last time I saw it, except maybe when I had put it in my change purse to take in to the jeweler to inquire about having the shank replaced. I had convinced myself that most likely, I had given it with change at Starbucks, or dropped it when digging for change for a meter when shopping. Every time I thought about it, I felt nauseous in the pit of my stomach, that I could be so careless to lose something this precious.

Yesterday, I was sitting in the sun on my lunch hour reading my kindle while having my car cleaned, inside and out…a young man walks up to me and says “ma’am, I found this in your car, the vacuum nearly sucked it up, but I heard a clinking sound and stopped” Hands me Grandma’s ring!!!!!!! “OMG” says me “my grandma’s ring!” tears and all! Couldn’t believe it! What a miracle that he found it and more of a miracle that he was so honest and brought it to me! I think he was a little misty eyed too, he went back to working on my car, and then I went over to give him a reward, he was telling the other guys the great story and seemed so proud that he had made my day!

I know this is not a spectacular ring, by PS standards (or even my own diamond standards these days) but the irreplaceable value of the ring and the cure for the ache in my stomach that I had been feeling for several months believing that it was lost forever! Truly vintage and my grandma wore this ring every day that I ever saw her in my life. I just need to share it with you today!

Please pardon the camera phone pictures from my office, but I’m just sitting here mesmerized by it! :love:

_33477.jpg

gmas_ring2.jpg

_33478.jpg

_33479.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
a couple more pics. I have no idea of any of the specs on it. I'm guessing it's white gold, in need of plating, right?

rung_side.jpg

grammas_ring1.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story!! I'm so glad your Grandma Bea's ring was found by that nice young man!

It's really beautiful and so special. Sentimental pieces are such treasures and so very precious.

Yay for being reunited with it!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soo glad you found it! What a great story <3 It's beautiful as well.

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Love a happy ending! And that is a gorgeous ring!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful story. And what a stunning ring! I love the (old and new) story behind it.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think it is a lovely ring and the sentimental value makes it a real treasure. I am so glad that it wasn't lost. So nice of the young man to return it to you!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Awh! What a great story, and beautiful ring! Thank you for sharing!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! :clap: :clap:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, I love a happy ending!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Great story...restoring our faith in humanity and miracles DO HAPPEN! Lovely ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be thrilled to have it back! Grandma must have been looking out for you (or her ring) that day!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love a happy ending - how thrilling that it was found! The ring is lovely; so reminiscent of ladies rings of the past.

It's gorgeous and special and I am so happy for you! Thanks for sharing these pictures with us!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everybody! Yes, it's great to have a happy story!
And, I do believe, in my grandmother's circle, from what she told, her ring was quite envied by others!

She would sure drop her jaw at my ring today, and would be over the moon about it!
I have a lovely Italian gold bracelet that was hers also.

It's interesting how wearing a piece of jewelry from a loved one makes you feel them and brings back the fond memories.
It's just metal and stones, but feels like so much more!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww I'm all teary eyed too! Yay for getting it back and for the young man who had a good enough heart to give it back.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So wonderful such a nice and honest young man found it!!! Congrats!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story and lovely, special ring!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad that nice man found your grandma Bea's ring. What a wonderful story with a happy ending. It is very pretty.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness he found your grandma's ring! What a nice young man. Your ring is truly lovely!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
That almost brought me to tears! How wonderful it isn't lost, and I'm sure that young man will carry that experience with him the rest of his life, I hope good things pass his way for being such an honest and thoughtful person. Thank you for sharing pictures of that beauty, the diamond may not be up to PS standards in many ways, but nothing can replace an heirloom like that! It's still gorgeous.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story! I'm glad you and your grandma's ring were re-united!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful story, glad you recovered the ring.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Surely if you have a new shank and re-plated - it just will not be grandmas ring anymore - to me heirlooms with hugh sentimental value should be put in a box and brought out every so often for memory - am I weird do I miss the point

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo! So happy for you and what a wonderful honest young man. :appl:
How wonderful to have your grandmother's ring back. My grandmother's name was Bea too and your story brought happy tears to my eyes. Wear your grandmother's ring in health and happiness with loving memories of her. :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a sweet story, i am so glad you found grandma's ring, it is lovely!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WONDERFUL that your ring was found!! Oh, I love those kinds of stories!! And it isn't the size of the ring, its the sentiment - its beautiful! and looks so good on your hand. I'm sure your grandmother is smiling knowing you are loving having a part of her with you :halo:
And that young man, he will be rewarded too, sometime in the future. Good karma comes back to us

Californiadreaming

Rough_Rock
Wow how fantastic. Wish you well to wear it!

True story: My friend lost her beloved mother and inherited a stunning engagement ring, approx 1.5 carat solitaire. She was on vacation, driving in the car when she looked down and realised the stone had fallen out of the setting! Hysterical and devastated she and her husband looked all over the car, every inch of it. Nowhere, nothing. They drove back to the Starbucks they'd visited, nothing in the car park, no-one had seen it. An hour later they accepted defeat and drove off - my friend wept. The stone could have fallen out anywhere that day. Then her husband said 'Wow honey, I've just realised it's your mum's birthday'. As he said it she saw the stone - right by her feet, directly below her in the car. Honest to God that is a true story! I am not religious or spiritual but that still gives me goosebumps.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
A feel good story with a happy ending! So refreshing to see such honesty! Thanks for sharing this and so great you have your grandmother's ring to cherish again! :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad that your Grandma's ring has resurfaced. It has been such a pleasure reading through this thread. I love happy endings:)
The ring is gorgeous and the memories attached to it are so rich. Enjoy! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results