shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for Sapphire

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a teal sapphire that I'm thinking about setting in a simple four or six prong setting. How do you feel about the round stone in a setting that has a slightly squared shank?

overcast_day_on_window_sill_sapphire.jpg

stuller_square_shank_7192_48350_p.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is 7.3 mm and on my size 5.75 finger I don't think it will need any side stones. Here is is next to the window on an overcast day.

overcast_day_next_to_window_sapphire.jpg

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I think that will look fabulous. I love simple settings like that, and the size of the gem is just fine for a solitaire, especially with your smaller ring size.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks katharath and Niel!

I had a different setting picked out and just noticed this one today. I like the contrast of the squareish shank with the round stone. But of course I needed PS opinions on it. I always have a difficult time picking settings. :twirl:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler told me that the squarish setting has the stone set very high. Not good for a ring I hope to wear multiple days a week. So I've decided against it and will probably go with this 6 prong setting instead. It's also a simple setting. Now I just have to decide on yellow or white gold.

Top view
round_solitare_mounting_for_sapphire_stuller_item___719846930p.jpg

Side view
stuller_round_solitaire_6_prong_7198_46936_p.jpg

Here is another view of the stone at night with halogen ceiling lights
night_time_with_halogen_ceiling_lights_sapphire.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second option will look really nice as well! What metal color do you normally wear and sings to you most. And what metal color looks best with the stone in real life?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally wear white metals. I've been wandering around the house holding this stone up to pennies (rose gold) and yellow gold and white gold in different lights.

White gold seems to look the best so far but I am going to check on 18K yellow gold, it has a different look.

ETA: My Avatar is a Spess set in yellow gold because that's what it looked best in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results