shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique peacock pin?

AthenaNabi

Rough_Rock
I bought this pin at a vintage jewelry shop and the owner didn't know anything about it. It's a gift for my Mother in Law for Christmas and I was really hoping to be able to tell her something about it when I give it to her. I've tried googling but didn't really know where to start and didn't find anything. Any help is greatly apreciated!

20150801_155223.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pin.
Could you post pictures of the back side, the clasp, and any hallmarks you can find.
Thanks!

AthenaNabi

Rough_Rock
Here is the back of the pin. The only marking is super tiny at the base of the tail that just says S925 which I know means Sterling Silver.

_32899.jpg

_32900.jpg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
The stones could be bezel-set but they look to be glued-in. Those on the body of the bird look like Strass or Marcasite, and the green stones could be glass or even bakelite. The orange stones could be glass or paste (leaded crystal). You might take it to a local jeweller to check them. It seems less like an antique than perhaps a vintage/modern piece but it's beautiful and I hope she absolutely loves it!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece!
Looks like Thai silver to me, probably modern but could be vintage too.
The small shiny stones look like marcasite and the green ones look like green onyx (dyed agate). If you want to see same style items just google " marcasite sterling silver jewelry" :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results